“Support Assad” T-shirts are latest ‘must have’ fashion in Russia

Jonathan Fairfield

“Support Assad” T-shirts are latest ‘must have’ fashion in Russia

606x341_315307.jpg

Russia’s Defence MInistry is whipping up public enthusiasm for the country’s intervention in Syria.

It’s issued “T shirts emblazoned with a support Assad slogan and a picture of a Russian war plane.

At 20 euros they are not cheap…. but according to Russian web forums they’ve been flying off the shelves.

The shop owner says its a chance to show solidarity with the fight against Islamist extremists but its not the first time so-called political fashion has taken off in Russia. After the annexation of Crimea T-shirts were printed with a photo of President Putin.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-10-17

bah.gif death to Assad is my T-shirt

Did you make a detailed assessment of the situation or did you just watch the Soros owned news to come to that conclusion ?

I think all islam is bad and is as welcome to earth as an asteroid but if I had to choose a side in the Sunni vs Shiite war, it would be Shiite

Did you make a detailed assessment of the situation or did you just watch the Soros owned news to come to that conclusion ?

I think all islam is bad and is as welcome to earth as an asteroid but if I had to choose a side in the Sunni vs Shiite war, it would be Shiite

why do you choose Shiite ? just curious ....

why do you choose Shiite ? just curious ....

Because Shiites are more open about their position. They come out and say they hate the US. The Saudis pretend to be our friends when they probably hate the US more. Plus Sunnis are isis.

Wait a minute. The way I view this is simply Russians showing support for their troops not at all unlike what nonsensical things the Americans did in the belief that they supported their troops when they invaded Iraq and Afghanistan. Ok, I would have thought Putin T-shirts more apropos but seems the Russian sense of irony sees Assad better suited for this purpose at the moment.

Thank goodness for your detailed assessment of the situation. A free barrel-bomb T-shirt is on its way to you right now.

Ah yes, Russian "fashion". French, Italian, or pretty much anybody else's fashion looks good on Russians. But this one belongs with the "must have" crazy pale blue eye-shadow and the bleached blonde hair. Also very popular in RRRRusssiaaa!

Thank goodness for your detailed assessment of the situation. A free barrel-bomb T-shirt is on its way to you right now.

Yes...by the same company who made the Sadam's weapons of mass destruction T-shirts a few years ago whistling.gif

*Deleted posts removed*

He might be referring to the Nazi-Soviet (Molotov-Ribbentrop) Pact of August 1939 which lasted until the USSR was invaded by Germany in June 1941. As far as I am aware there are no T-shirts produced to celebrate this famous period in Russian history.

Edited by Scott
Deleted posts edited out

I think this is rather stylish.

shirts_tee.jpg?side=b&height=350&width=3

Could you link me to any news reports of the heinous crimes that Assad is accused of that are prior to the West deciding he had to go because I can't recall any off hand. Plenty after they decided but no major ones before.

The most heinous crime of Assad was refusing a pipeline crossing his country, just after that, probably by mere chance "they" discovered he was a mass murderer.rolleyes.gif

Could you link me to any news reports of the heinous crimes that Assad is accused of that are prior to the West deciding he had to go because I can't recall any off hand. Plenty after they decided but no major ones before.

Yes.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2011/03/26/world/middleeast/26syria.html?referer=&_r=0

The most heinous crime of Assad was refusing a pipeline crossing his country, just after that, probably by mere chance "they" discovered he was a mass murderer.rolleyes.gif

Which one?

Which one?

This one perhaps.

http://www.armedforcesjournal.com/pipeline-politics-in-syria/

http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/is-this-what-syria-war-really-about/

Cut the Russians some slack please.

Let them wear their Assad t shirts.

If it wasn't for them, Europe would now speak French (Napoleon 1812) or German (Kaiser 1917, Adolf 1942 ).

Currently they are making sure Europe will not speak Arab.

Soviet Russia overran eastern Europe at the end of WW2 and the only reason they stopped was the United States which liberated western Europe from the Nazis who'd themselves been in bed with Stalin until Hitler broke their mutual non-aggression pact. Soviet Russians overran the Korean peninsula in 1945 and the only reason they stopped was also the armed forces of the United States.

This was after the United States supplied the rebuilding of the Russian war machine that finally engaged Hitler from outside Moscow. The Russian winter is both Russia's savior and its satan.

Soviet Russians built a wall in Berlin. Missiles in Cuba and the Missile Crisis of 1962. The list of cutthroat Russian crap over history gets very long going back 1000 years of Putin's heroes the tsars and more recently Marx and Lenin whom Russians still adore.

Now tsar and Commissar Political Officer Putin supports and defends the mass murderer of his own people Bashir Assad.

Never slacken up on cutthroat Russians thx..

No one single thing is responsible or is the cause of all of this so stop with the simplistic stuff plse thx.

Yes...by the same company who made the Sadam's weapons of mass destruction T-shirts a few years ago whistling.gif

I think that's the one Saddam wore to his hanging thx.

If it wasn't for them, Europe would now speak French (Napoleon 1812) or German (Kaiser 1917, Adolf 1942 ).

Soviet Russia overran eastern Europe at the end of WW2 and the only reason they stopped was the United States which liberated western Europe from the Nazis who'd themselves been in bed with Stalin until Hitler broke their mutual non-aggression pact. Soviet Russians overran the Korean peninsula in 1945 and the only reason they stopped was also the armed forces of the United States.

This was after the United States supplied the rebuilding of the Russian war machine that finally engaged Hitler from outside Moscow. The Russian winter is both Russia's savior and its satan.

Soviet Russians built a wall in Berlin. Missiles in Cuba and the Missile Crisis of 1962. The list of cutthroat Russian crap over history gets very long going back 1000 years of Putin's heroes the tsars and more recently Marx and Lenin whom Russians still adore.

Now tsar and Commissar Political Officer Putin supports and defends the mass murderer of his own people Bashir Assad.

You should not believe everything they taught you at school!

This song I dedicate to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VucczIg98Gw

laugh.png

You deny my life's experience to include being born during World War II, go ahead because you expose yourself as not in contact with real life in any significant meaning of the term.

My schooling was K-12 plus 7 more years after that in higher education, 8 years in the army or in preparation for it in university ROTC. Now retired after a professional career.

Have a nice sing-song day pal as you watch the video I dismiss watching as suitable only to the mentality and emotional level that likes it, sought it, presented it.

clap2.gif

Edited by Publicus

laugh.png

You deny my life's experience to include being born during World War II, go ahead because you expose yourself as not in contact with real life in any significant meaning of the term.

My schooling was K-12 plus 7 more years after that in higher education, 8 years in the army or in preparation for it in university ROTC. Now retired after a professional career.

Have a nice sing-song day pal as you watch the video I dismiss watching as suitable only to the mentality and emotional level that likes it, sought it, presented it.

clap2.gif

Your style of debating tells it all.