TR Visa Vientiane Double entry

Got a few questions here:

If you already have two back to back double entries from Savannakhet will he be able to apply for a double entry in Vientiane ?

What is the easiest way to get to the Vientiane consulate from BKK.

What places to stay do people recommend.

If someone has any experience first hand on the actual journey they could share that would be great.

Got my third back to back from Vientiane a few weeks back. No warning stamp. The easiest way is to fly from DMK to Udon Thani (many low cost carriers). A minibus goes from directly outside the door of airport to the friendship bridge. On the other side for approx 300 Baht taxi will take you to your hotel. I like Saengtawan Riverside hotel right beside the Mekong river with great views from the open air rooftop restaurant. Many small restaurants on the riverfront just outside. To minimise the effort I arrange a taxi that takes me from the hotel via the consulate to pick up the passport and then drive across the bridge (avoiding long queues as private cars have a different immigration booth) directly onto the airport again in time for a late afternoon flight back to BKK. If you want the details of the taxi service pm me - cost of taxi service 2k..

Edited by gilo
  • Like 1

There is a thread from a guy who said Laos is now refusing after 2 visas.

The post is about Savannakhet but others mentioned it was the case in Vientiane also.

But then again there is a guy that said he got lucky and had a 3rd one, no problem.

If I were you, I would go, you might be one the last ones to get a double in Vientiane or try the last triple in Bali.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/861536-savannakhet-refusing-double-entry-tourist-visas-to-those-with-two-or-more-already/

I just got back from Bali. It was easy but the visa was expensive and you must show 2 tickets out of Thailand for double entry OR 3 tickets out if you want triple entry. It also takes 3 days to get it. You must also show hotel reservations for each stay and bank account statement. Go if you want to visit and see Bali but going just for a visa run is not worth.

whistling.gif Be aware, a double entry from Vientiane only has a "must enter before" date of 3 months from issue.

That means BOTH entries must be made within 3 months starting from the day you receive the visa.

That is o.k. if you know that and plan for it, but if you think a double entry tourist visa from Vientiane will give you a 6 month stay without leaving Thailand you are wrong.

As I said, no problem as long as you know what you are getting, just be sure you do.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

The post is about Savannakhet but others mentioned it was the case in Vientiane also.

But then again there is a guy that said he got lucky and had a 3rd one, no problem.

If I were you, I would go, you might be one the last ones to get a double in Vientiane or try the last triple in Bali.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/861536-savannakhet-refusing-double-entry-tourist-visas-to-those-with-two-or-more-already/

I know a Dutch couple who've got a double-entry tourist visa in Savannakhet

3 times in a row. They're staying in Thailand on the 3rd one now.

Maybe you should go to Savannakhet to try to apply for the 3rd one and then

go straight up to Vientiane if they should refuse your application for it, or forget

about Savannakhet and go straight to Vientiane to stay on the safe side.

The Thai rules would change soon, as you can imagine.

Edited by Too

I just got back from Bali. It was easy but the visa was expensive and you must show 2 tickets out of Thailand for double entry OR 3 tickets out if you want triple entry. It also takes 3 days to get it. You must also show hotel reservations for each stay and bank account statement. Go if you want to visit and see Bali but going just for a visa run is not worth.

3 entries instead of 2 is totally worth it.

What is silly is to go there for 2 entries when Laos does the same for cheaper closer and no requirements..until now anyways!

> If you already have two back to back double entries from Savannakhet will he be able to apply for a double entry in Vientiane ?

When?

If it's after November 13,

he may get the surprise of no more 2-entry visa available.... (maybe, see METV topics)

go straight up to Vientiane if they should refuse your application for it, or forget

Savannakhet refuses 2 entries but still accepts to grant you a single whereas Vientiane just refuse to give you anything.

Also Vientiane is not so safe anymore for people with several TR visas, unless you fly, as there are reports of Nongkhai immi putting the infamous red stamps (the one that advise any consulate to refuse you next TR visa) or refusing entry to serial TR visa passports.

Savannakhet refuses 2 entries but still accepts to grant you a single whereas Vientiane just refuse to give you anything.

Also Vientiane is not so safe anymore for people with several TR visas, unless you fly, as there are reports of Nongkhai immi putting the infamous red stamps (the one that advise any consulate to refuse you next TR visa) or refusing entry to serial TR visa passports.

-------------------------------------

I received a double entry TR visa from Vientiane on 12 October 2015.

Must enter before date is 13 January 2016

First one I got from there.

No problem.

What the deal will be in the future who can say?

The only real certainty is constant change.

A friend of mine ( Brit ) got his third consecutive Double Entry TR at Vientiane last week. No proof of income nor air ticket was asked.

But he had the "red stamp" on his new third double entry TR. I supposed limit at Vientiane is still at 03 but after the "red stamp" he would have to go else where for TR.

Edited by mfred009

May I ask I started with triple entry from England

Then a double In Vientiane

Then two doubles in Savannakhet

next month new multi Entry comes out.

Visa after 1 month extensions expires December 8th

Plan go england June

​Anyone shed some light on some options ?

Edited by leighd7

Do they only consider the stamps from their office or all offices, cause I had look at the passport and he has the following

Continuous back to back Tourist Visa
------------------------------------------------------
Penang Single Entry + Extension
Savannakhet Double Entry + Extension

Savannakhet Double Entry + Extension
------------------------------------------------------

None of the stamps are any different to the ones I've received from TRs.

So he should be good to go then, just need to decide if its back to Savannakhet, he'd prefer it, since he done it and knows the way.

Is there anything at all Deterministic about visas here, even for just go no go, its all very grey.

Yes it is very grey, because as you know, each border and embassy are now acting up and make their own rules.

It's quite a recent trend for Laos that used to be very accommodating and reliable. The only info we have is when members report it, which is now quite rare. Also, you must realize that it is now very difficult to find first hand experience member when asking a question about TR visa. People have been put off posting about visa runs here, as every time, they get their head chopped off by the anti-visa-runners brigade.

IMO Savannakhet is safer because they at least give you a single, if not a double so you dont come back empty handed and no one has reported anything wrong happening at the border yet.

> If you already have two back to back double entries from Savannakhet will he be able to apply for a double entry in Vientiane ?

When?

he may get the surprise of no more 2-entry visa available.... (maybe, see METV topics)

Does this mean that if I go to Savannakhet and apply for a TR with 2-entry two days before the 13th, I still have a chance to obtain it?

When?

Does this mean that if I go to Savannakhet and apply for a TR with 2-entry two days before the 13th, I still have a chance to obtain it?

yes if it's your first or second.

May be if it's your 3rd but from other consulate/country

Probably not if its your 3rd or more from Laos

I have a question please, My sister's tourist visa will expire on the 25th of this month and her ticket going back home is on the 26th, will she be penalized for overstaying for a day? How? Or how much does she have to pay? Thanks.?

I have a question please, My sister's tourist visa will expire on the 25th of this month and her ticket going back home is on the 26th, will she be penalized for overstaying for a day? How? Or how much does she have to pay? Thanks.?

At both airports in Bangkok she will not be fined for an overstay of less than 24 hours.

The overstay fine is 500 baht per day.

whistling.gif Do you mean the easiest way to get there or the least expensive?

I ask that because there are daily flights from BKK to Vientiane by various air lines.

True for most of them you will need to stay over in a hotel for at least two days as you won't arrive early enough on the first day to apply for a visa at the embassy, so it will take you a 3 day stay many times to apply for and pick up your visa.

But flying into Vientiane is much easier than taking a bus/ Tuk-Tuk to get there.

For example, I flew into Vientiane on a Sunday with Lao Air, when the embassy was closed, applied for my visa on Monday which I picked up on Tuesday afternoon, and flew out of Vientiane again by Lao Air on Wednesday back to BKK.

Not the cheapest way to do a visa run, but definitely much easier than others I've heard about.

Worked for me because of my age and the fact that I am partly disabled.(travel with wheelchair).