Is narcissism linked to......?

benalibina

What's the point? I'm interested.

There doesn't seem to be any direction to this thread. I could have googled that myself and I'm none the wiser.

As this is a thai forum, the posters make the directions....youre smart enough...you can figure it out yourself.

In the US we call one group republicans and the other democrats........

Are you trying to say that in day to day interactions, people react the same as politicians ? Rolemodels.

Somewhat → I don't see too many good role models in government now-a-days ......But I do see a lot throwing stones instead of answering to/for/about......

Hopefully the common person has more common sense.....

As far as your definitions → the pub is an interesting study playground - gonna be short a whole bunch of classifications though with this collection......

Jeez, you've posted a Wikipedia link and left it at that. I'm not freaking psychic.

No, ive asked a question in the topic title. A link and a quote ive posted. Maybe because of all the adds you missed it.

No, it is not directly related to my beautiful wife.....

It's not only narcissists who behave this way. Few people apologize when caught lying.

Also worth noting is that narcissism is quite a complex issue. There's a big difference, for example, between those whose grandiose self-expression is feigned (and often a way of coping with feelings of self-doubt or self-loathing) and those who are simply big-headed due to an inability to see themselves as others do.

It's not only narcissists who behave this way. Few people apologize when caught lying.

Also worth noting is that narcissism is quite a complex issue. There's a big difference, for example, between those whose grandiose self-expression is feigned (and often a way of coping with feelings of self-doubt or self-loathing) and those who are simply big-headed due to an inability to see themselves as others do.

The way how "they" react when caught in a lie is the difference, as stipulated in the quote. Those reactions can be linked to bullying. One only needs to read posts from certain members on this forum.

The way how "they" react when caught in a lie is the difference, as stipulated in the quote. Those reactions can be linked to bullying. One only needs to read posts from certain members on this forum.

Sorry, but you cant align the two. how someone behaves in anonymity on a forum, is not necessarily the same as they may behave in real life.

(ps: please dont discuss or refer to members of this forum)

Sorry, but you cant align the two. how someone behaves in anonymity on a forum, is not necessarily the same as they may behave in real life.

I beg to differ on your statement regarding anonymus behaviour on here and their day to day life behaviour. Maybe on here its just a part of their personality some dare not show in private life. After all it is still the one and same person.

If you're talking about cyber bullying here on TV, perhaps it would be best to logout and take a break for a few months. You shouldn't allow these things to get to you.

I beg to differ on your statement regarding anonymus behaviour on here and their day to day life behaviour. Maybe on here its just a part of their personality some dare not show in private life. After all it is still the one and same person.

Quite possibly, but its my observation that people will say and act in ways on a forum that they wouldnt dare do in real life or public bar for instance, as they would probably need medical assistance. I see it daily, the verbal abuse that I refuse to believe they would actually say to someone's face. On an internet forum they are safe, in the "real world" they would be in physical danger for the same phrase or actions.

Drifting off topic - that is if the thread was ever actually on it. You cannot be a part-time or a forum only narcissist! That's like saying I'm only an alcoholic so I can lie in my own filth and drink paint thinners (and damn tasty it is too btw). You either are one and it controls your whole life, as in hitler Stalin the 'prophet' and Tom Hanks to name but four of the many, or you ain't - like me for example - who blithely accepts the rest of humanity's inferiority

Naah i am exactly the same... i call a half wit, a half wit in real life too....speaking my mind has always good for my career i have found... it really throws the button down collar MBA minion types into a flat spin :D

Ah thats what its called ? And all these years i thought my Ex wife was just a compulsive liar and a bitch

haha whilst reading this thread and trying to figure what the point of it was I keep thinking that's my <deleted> ex the lying bitch lol

You sound as if you are unhappy about cyber aggression.. It came/comes with the new (now not so new) "territory" of the cyberworld. There are strategies that you can adopt to protect yourself against the "damage". But they are as much about your relationship with it, and your dependence on it, as they are about the other avatars who inhabit it.

Hint: You can be as offensive and as much of a bully in your reply to me (should you decide to make one) as you like. I won't be reading it. No offence intended smile.png