Diesel consumption

Gonsalviz

I have an Isuzu Cab 4 I bought new 7 years ago. When It was new I could easily get 800 km on a tankful. Now I am barely able to get 700 km.

I do not ever see smoke in the mirrors. I just wonder if it is the injectors and would it be worth while to change them now or wait until it gets worse.

Buy some STP diesel additive,and use as instructed on the bottle,

I was a regular user of RedX a UK diesel additive,but could never

see any improvement, but with the STP could defiantly see an

improvement in power and acceleration,so it must have cleaned

the injectors,use it every time i fill up now,I did inquire about new

injectors ,but they seemed very expensive,I buy the STP from

Amorn ,thats a shop the sells all kinds electrical stuff and crap

from China, they have branches in most big cities i would think.

regards worgeordie

Buy some STP diesel additive,and use as instructed on the bottle,

I was a regular user of RedX a UK diesel additive,but could never

see any improvement, but with the STP could defiantly see an

improvement in power and acceleration,so it must have cleaned

the injectors,use it every time i fill up now,I did inquire about new

injectors ,but they seemed very expensive,I buy the STP from

Amorn ,thats a shop the sells all kinds electrical stuff and crap

from China, they have branches in most big cities i would think.

regards worgeordie

I have been using the PTT brand. The consumption was really high and I did about 5 cans in a row. It got much better. Lately I have been using it intermittently. I'll try to find Amorn. The nearest I could probably find one would be KK about 70 km away. Have to buy cases to make it worth the trip.

Our old truck was the 3.0 Dmax. It was on original injectors turbo etc. I use to put a small bottle of 2 stroke oil in with a fill up occasionally. This cleans the injectors.

Have your EGR valve cleaned - better still blanked off. Also if its got a DPF at that high km its likely to be clogged to. have that cleaned as well or delete (replaced with a straight pipe)

Lastly, actually do this first, make sure the air filter is clean. they're only about 250 baht.

Sold ours with almost 450,000km, never missed a beat- fuel consumption remained the same throughout its life. Slightly better on Shell V power I noticed.

I also used synthetic oil, shell helix ultra.

Our old truck was the 3.0 Dmax. It was on original injectors turbo etc. I use to put a small bottle of 2 stroke oil in with a fill up occasionally. This cleans the injectors.

Have your EGR valve cleaned - better still blanked off. Also if its got a DPF at that high km its likely to be clogged to. have that cleaned as well or delete (replaced with a straight pipe)

Lastly, actually do this first, make sure the air filter is clean. they're only about 250 baht.

Sold ours with almost 450,000km, never missed a beat- fuel consumption remained the same throughout its life. Slightly better on Shell V power I noticed.

I also used synthetic oil, shell helix ultra.

The EGR valve was replaced under warranty by the dealer at a little over 100,000 km. Air filter is nearly new. From what I read, the EGR and DPF get dirty from driving slow. This truck rarely has that problem. I have a heavy foot. I have only once had the Check Engine light come on, That was when the EGR valve was replaced.

Shell V-Power is reported as having similar benefits to fuel system cleaner. You might try using that for a few tankfuls? Rather than driving to KK specially.

I can't think of a Shell station around here. Anyway, I have some good ideas and will give them a try.

Signing out.