Thai Supreme Court accepts 'unusually rich' lawsuit against Somsak

webfact

Supreme Court accepts 'unusually rich' lawsuit against Somsak
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Office Tuesday accepted an "unusually rich" lawsuit against former education minister Somsak Prissanananthakul for review. The court scheduled the first hearing on January 20.

The court also appointed Vice Supreme Court President Chartchai Akkarawibul as the advocate judge for the case.

Somsak was accused by the National Anti-Corruption Commission of falsifying assets statements eight times since May 6 1997.

The NACC alleged that Somsak had Bt28 million in 21 bank accounts and failed to report the accounts to the NACC in the eight asset statements.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Supreme-Court-accepts-unusually-rich-lawsuit-again-30271234.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-10-20

28 mil is rich?

what about 600?

What about 365 (Somyot)? What about 579 (Yingluck)? What about 728 (Pongthep Thepkanjana)? What about 800 (Chuwit Kamolvisit)?

Wait! Everybody knows that Chuwit earned his money honestly through his chain of wellness clinics. ?

Meanwhile the pseudo PM declared that his assets, and those of his General buddies, is totally off limit for scrutiny. Yeah, so much for transparency.

Yu'p transparency, great concept but only for others.

And the scuttlebutt to unusual wealth is not just the big fella n his buddy's but those that are closer to home.

Two students at college studying business, one Thai, the other Nigerian. Having completed their course, they return to their own country and part with a promise "To meet again if ever there is the opportunity"

Several years pass and the Thai has an opportunity to travel to Nigeria, and of course contacts his old college buddy.

He arrives in Lagos and is met by a stretch limousine, drives to the countryside, and is impressed by the grand villa, a butler takes his bag, to the guest room, and tells him to meet his master on the balcony for afternoon sundowners

They greet and the Thai remarks on how well he has done.

The Nigerian tells him "See that bridge across the river"

"Yes"

30% of the costs were mine, I was the subcontractor.

After a few days the Thai returns to his home and parts with the promise "To meet again if ever there is the opportunity"

A few years pass and the Nigerian has an opportunity to travel to Thailand, and of course contacts his old buddy.

He arrives in Bangkok, is met by a personal helicopter, flown to a national park, and is very impressed by the solid teak, 24 bedroom mansion where he lands after overflying the Olympic swimming pool, personal golf course and race track.

He is met by a scantily clad young lady who takes his bags to the guest wing, and tells him his sponsor will meet him on one of the five balconies for all day drinks.

They greet once more and the Nigerian remarks on how extremely well he has done.

The Thai tells him " See that motorway in the distance "

"No"

"Borrow my binoculars, now do you see it?"

"No"

"100% of the costs were mine, I was the subcontractor"

Edited by KNJ

28 mil is rich?

what about 600?

One could say that unusual wealth to a modest extent is outrageous and must be pursued; on the other hand, unusual wealth to an outrageous degree is untouchable.

That seems true the world over mate.

Steal a million and they'll jail you. Steal billions and your up for a banks CEO role.

28 mil is rich?

what about 600?

What about 365 (Somyot)? What about 579 (Yingluck)? What about 728 (Pongthep Thepkanjana)? What about 800 (Chuwit Kamolvisit)?

Please remember these are only declared assets! It may be there are some hidden ones too, in fact it is quite likely.

28 mil is rich?

what about 600?

One could say that unusual wealth to a modest extent is outrageous and must be pursued; on the other hand, unusual wealth to an outrageous degree is untouchable.

That seems true the world over mate.

Steal a million and they'll jail you. Steal billions and your up for a banks CEO role.

Give a man a gun and he will rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he will rob the world.

Two students at college studying business, one Thai, the other Nigerian. Having completed their course, they return to their own country and part with a promise "To meet again if ever there is the opportunity"

Several years pass and the Thai has an opportunity to travel to Nigeria, and of course contacts his old college buddy.

He arrives in Lagos and is met by a stretch limousine, drives to the countryside, and is impressed by the grand villa, a butler takes his bag, to the guest room, and tells him to meet his master on the balcony for afternoon sundowners

They greet and the Thai remarks on how well he has done.

The Nigerian tells him "See that bridge across the river"

"Yes"

30% of the costs were mine, I was the subcontractor.

After a few days the Thai returns to his home and parts with the promise "To meet again if ever there is the opportunity"

A few years pass and the Nigerian has an opportunity to travel to Thailand, and of course contacts his old buddy.

He arrives in Bangkok, is met by a personal helicopter, flown to a national park, and is very impressed by the solid teak, 24 bedroom mansion where he lands after overflying the Olympic swimming pool, personal golf course and race track.

He is met by a scantily clad young lady who takes his bags to the guest wing, and tells him his sponsor will meet him on one of the five balconies for all day drinks.

They greet once more and the Nigerian remarks on how extremely well he has done.

The Thai tells him " See that motorway in the distance "

"No"

"Borrow my binoculars, now do you see it?"

"No"

"100% of the costs were mine, I was the subcontractor"

I think that is no joke.....

Hope it sets a precedent and that others will follow.

I am very pessimistic....and even if it will only get the people not in power (which is better than no one).

I have the same sentiment, but better a few then none. Besides if an other fraction gets into power they will go after others for corruption. This way at least some are punished. Better of course as none at all.

28 mil is rich?

what about 600?

Wait! Everybody knows that Chuwit earned his money honestly through his chain of wellness clinics. ?

Zaphod...What about Sutthep?