toll free forwarding

bencottrell

Hi Guys
Im trying to set up a "toll free" number, so customer can call the number free from anywhere in the world, which is then diverted to a Thai mobile phone. Anyone have any experience with this in Thailand? If its not "toll free" it should at least be that the user gets charged only the cost of a local call from wherever they call from in the world

any clues?

I've found a few but they only seem to offer Toll Free within a certain country, not for callers worldwide

Is Skype, Line, Whatsapp not an option? Internet calls have good quality and are free.

The problem is those free programs are not used worldwide so maybe you can have all of those running on that Thai cellphone? But then the problem is that you can't answer 2 different calls at the same time.

Maybe you can offer the service where they send you an email and you call them back for free?

I cannot set up a Thai number with skype...I know possible with most other countries.

What I would like to know is this:

is there an "international number" that can be set up (Skype or other) so that if for example

1. someone calls this number from Sweden and gets charged local rate

2. someone calls the same number from thailand and gets charged local rate

?

Never heard of global toll free or global local rate numbers....

Doubt they exist.

What you need is a separate local or toll free number in every single country you want to target which likely means multiple providers. Skype stopped doing Thai numbers years ago, though sip options exist here.

I'd you need single destination globally then Skype name not number or similar is only choice, with app essential.