Westerner arrested Monday night selling grass to BIB

mamborobert

Has anyone seen details of this on a news based site at all that might have more/better info...thanks.

As far as a digital nomad business start up probably not the best business model for Thailand.

http://www.stickboybangkok.com/news/irishman-arrested-selling-1kg-of-dope-to-cops/

Edited by mamborobert

http://www.stickboybangkok.com/news/irishman-arrested-selling-1kg-of-dope-to-cops/

EDIT looks like Stickboy is doing some odd redirect script to send all links to his facebook feed.. Even if you goo.gl direct link tot he story.. Its there second story on stickboybangkok.com news section

Edited by LivinLOS

Can't say I have much sympathy for someone that goes to another country and goes out of their way to break the law. I can't stand drug laws, but the profit these people make is a result of the risk they are taking, so don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Good luck to him, I hope they don't come down too hard on him.

It never fails to amaze me how the undercover cops, or any cops at all, pose with these luckless guys. Derp, there goes their 'undercover' status.

Also, one day they're going to arrest the wrong guy(s), some ultra serious and pissed off Russians with reach, or worse, the Chinese, who can blend right in here, and their pics will be used to come after them one by one...

PS: The article of course, also contains the mandatory 're-enactment' shot, there he is, poor bastard, re-enacting his 'Line' conversation that led to his downfall. To paraphrase a much smarter Irishman, There's only one thing worse than being a 'Keystone', and that's being daft enough to get nabbed by one.

Edited by dhream

Can't say I have much sympathy for someone that goes to another country and goes out of their way to break the law. I can't stand drug laws, but the profit these people make is a result of the risk they are taking, so don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Good luck to him, I hope they don't come down too hard on him.

I don`t wish him good luck. Think about all the damage these drugs do to other people.

dumb

but 200K THB per kilo sounds very steep. Is that the current wholesale price?

I had a mate buy 1 kilo from the ladies at the waterfall in Pai for $100 around 2000. He smoked it all himself.

Your mate smoked 35 ounces of weed on his own?

Ok then.

I don`t wish him good luck. Think about all the damage these drugs do to other people.

Yeah, marijuana is pretty bad. Not nearly as dangerous as tobacco or alcohol, but still not healthy to smoke. Though I don't know if it's as bad as burning season in Chiang Mai.

In summary:

Tobacco--millions of premature deaths. Legal.

Alcohol--liver disease, obesity and associated high blood pressure and heart disease, carnage on the roads. Legal.

Burning season--definitely health issues, but the government doesn't want to look into it. Technically illegal but nothing is done.

Marijuana--makes people act goofy and not good for the lungs, though not nearly as bad as tobbaco. Illegal, stiff penalties enforced.

Does this seem right?

Yeah, marijuana is pretty bad. Not nearly as dangerous as tobacco or alcohol, but still not healthy to smoke. Though I don't know if it's as bad as burning season in Chiang Mai.

In summary:

Alcohol--liver disease, obesity and associated high blood pressure and heart disease, carnage on the roads. Legal.

Burning season--definitely health issues, but the government doesn't want to look into it. Technically illegal but nothing is done.

Marijuana--makes people act goofy and not good for the lungs, though not nearly as bad as tobbaco. Illegal, stiff penalties enforced.

Does this seem right?

Have read that good old Big Pharma had a role in getting the rec drugs banned, there again they like nothing that can't be patented.

That aside seems pretty dumb playing around with drugs in Asia, the penalties are too heavy.

In summary:

Does this seem right?

Have read that good old Big Pharma had a role in getting the rec drugs banned, there again they like nothing that can't be patented.

That aside seems pretty dumb playing around with drugs in Asia, the penalties are too heavy.

"That aside seems pretty dumb playing around with drugs in Asia, the penalties are too heavy."

I definitely agree. I think the drug laws and penalties are dumb, but breaking them in this part of the world is dumber.

damage from grass? LOL you must be an American Republican...

Yeah think of the kids who OD from injecting those marijuanas..

tumblr_nm4c62mvtG1qg3uiho1_500.jpg

Edited by LivinLOS

dumb

but 200K THB per kilo sounds very steep. Is that the current wholesale price?

I had a mate buy 1 kilo from the ladies at the waterfall in Pai for $100 around 2000. He smoked it all himself.

Your mate smoked 35 ounces of weed on his own?

Ok then.

Which tells you all you need to know about the quality of the weed from those old ladies at the pai waterfall !!

The paper we are not allowed to reference has another CM resident named (53 year old German with Thai wife in Mae Rim) spending some time with the BIB tonight and probably a few more for selling and possession of speed apparently bought in Loi Kroh...and allegedly confessed had been selling for some time.

Perhaps some rigid policing from the new blood. Before it was always about who they caught possessing illicit drugs, now and for Thais as well, its about who they caught possessing illicit drugs and then actual follow up of who in turn supplied them ....I wonder how far up the chain they are prepared to go now the junta has an increased focus on criminality and corruption within the state.

Edited by mamborobert

The paper we are not allowed to reference has another CM resident named (53 year old German with Thai wife in Mae Rim) spending some time with the BIB tonight and probably a few more for selling and possession of speed apparently bought in Loi Kroh...and allegedly confessed had been selling for some time.

Perhaps some rigid policing from the new blood. Before it was always about who they caught possessing illicit drugs, now and for Thais as well, its about who they caught possessing illicit drugs and then actual follow up of who in turn supplied them ....I wonder how far up the chain they are prepared to go now the junta has an increased focus on criminality and corruption within the state.

You're allowed to write "Bangkok Post." You just can't cut/paste or link to it.

Bangkok Post. Bangkok Post. Bangkok Post.

See?

damage from grass? LOL you must be an American Republican...

Colorado voted for Ford, Reagan twice, Bush three times, and Dole........and which political party do the crack users almost always belong to?