Lese majeste charge: Trio confess

webfact

Khaosod English has what appears to be a pretty thorough article on the case that resolves some of the issues raised above here, including the personal relationships involved.... worth reading.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1445429743&section=11&typecate=06

The article also says police later corrected their original statement saying all three had confessed, to later saying one had confessed and the other two had in fact denied the charges.

Clarification: Although police Lt. Gen. Sriwarah Rangsipramnakul said Wednesday that all three suspects had confessed to the charges, a police news release issued after Sriwarah's news conference indicated only Suriyan had confessed, while two other suspects denied the allegation. This story has been updated to reflect that.

That would appear to be a pretty big boo boo someone in the police made in their original statement. But then again, I guess they're pretty much used to saying that everyone they arrest has confessed.

It doesn't make any sense. The guy has been a very close aide and good friend for many many years but only in the last 8 weeks has been using his ties to commit LM. Sorry, I don't buy it. Sounds like someones had a mood swing and got pissed off and wants to show their power or more likely an opposing power wants to break up and weaken the opposition ahead of an event.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under the spreading chestnut tree

I sold you and you sold me

There lie they, and here lie we

no mercy for Lèse-majesté offenders!

That little old chestnut sounds rather Orwellian doesn't it?rolleyes.gif

Is it beyond the bounds of this forum's internet capabilities to devise a system whereby those posters who've been 'ignored' don't show up in others' posts as quotes?

I sold you and you sold me

There lie they, and here lie we

no mercy for Lèse-majesté offenders!

That little old chestnut sounds rather Orwellian doesn't it?rolleyes.gif

Is it beyond the bounds of this forum's internet capabilities to devise a system whereby those posters who've been 'ignored' don't show up in others' posts as quotes?

cheesy.gif

The trio is now a duo.

Police Major Prakrom Warunprapa, 44, an inspector from the Technology Crime Suppression Division, "hanged himself" whilst in custody.

From the look of him i would say he was well hung when he went in

Really?

post-4641-1156694606.gif

Confirmation from the deputy PM that a second suspect is having health problems.

Suriyan Sujaritpolwong has been moved to the prison hospital (Does an army barracks have a prison hospital?) due to "high blood pressure".

Expect anything from this case except clarity.

Confirmation from the deputy PM that a second suspect is having health problems.

Suriyan Sujaritpolwong has been moved to the prison hospital (Does an army barracks have a prison hospital?) due to "high blood pressure".

Expect anything from this case except clarity.

Haven't been there, of course. But from what I've read, it doesn't sound like they're being held in a "prison" per se, nor is there a prison hospital there.

Rather, it's an Army base that has some kind of medical facility on-base, I would suspect, a not very elaborate one.

It seems that, technically, the LM guys and the two bombing guys are all, technically, in the custody of the Corrections Department. But the actual location of their detainment and those detaining them all are military -- a nice kind of arm's length separation when it comes to anything that might go wrong.

Like someone hanging themselves while in custody. Or perhaps suffering a heart attack from high blood pressure.

A post attempting to bring the Royal family into the discussion, please review this forum rule:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.
By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.
Discussion of the Lese Majeste law or Lese Majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family.
To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.
Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Anyone else notice how, just after he was first detained, this guy claimed health problems and was sent for a checkup, and supposedly pronounced healthy by the doctors, and police said he may have been faking it.

But now a few days later, the same guy is too sick to attend court and has a doctor's certificate talking about high blood pressure, liver disease and stress.

So, which is it?

Meanwhile, nice quote from the govt. the other day in Khaosod that speaks to press "freedom" here:

Asked by reporters whether the suspects could be visited at the military prison, Defense Minister Pravit Wongsuwan said the facility is not under his authority.

“Why do you want to see it?” Pravit said. “Do you want to spend some time there?”

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1446187164

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Could The Nation know something we don't (yet)?

In the PROFILE post (#2), the information about Suriyan and Jirawong reads like obituaries.

Also, according to post #1 poor Prakrom has been dismissed from duty instead of being moved to an inactive post.

As if to send a warning to others, the report says "... the three were handcuffed, and accompanied by a large group of heavily armed police commandos"!

The word that comes to mind is one mentioned quite a bit by the junta lately - HUB!

I would very much like to understand how this particular law benefits Thailand more than not having would?

Britain has a similar institution yet does not require such draconian laws (if you think this is not true go view the 'Spitting Image' puppets). They must feel very, very weak and insecure to require this level of 'protection'. This and the defamation laws are the blight of this wonderful land.

The gullibility of the many weak minds among the populace. Do Brits scratch tree barks for lottery numbers? Edited by trogers

Could The Nation know something we don't (yet)?

In the PROFILE post (#2), the information about Suriyan and Jirawong reads like obituaries.

Also, according to post #1 poor Prakrom has been dismissed from duty instead of being moved to an inactive post.

As if to send a warning to others, the report says "... the three were handcuffed, and accompanied by a large group of heavily armed police commandos"!

The word that comes to mind is one mentioned quite a bit by the junta lately - HUB!

Do a bit of research.

What did these people do? Who did they work for?

The higher, the position you fall from, the harder you fall.

The police have now released detailed statements regarding the alleged actions of the accused and deceased police officer.

The allegation is that they embezzled some of the funds used to procure badges / lapel pins for the Bike for Mom event by colluding with the manufacturer to artificially inflate the purchase price and the accused then received a kickback to award the contract accordingly.

And then there was only 1 left.

So the trio is now only a single person. I'm sure he doesn't feel comfortable right now.

'Mor Yong' dies of septicemia at prison hospital
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Justice Minister General Paiboon Koomchaya said Monday that Suriyan Sujaritpolwong, better known as Mor Yong has died of septicemia at the Prison Hospital.

Paiboon said Suriyan was pronounced dead at 10 pm on Friday and the autopsy has been done.

Source: http://www.nationmul...l-30272567.html

Edited by TheCruncher

So the trio is now only a single person. I'm sure he doesn't feel comfortable right now.

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Justice Minister General Paiboon Koomchaya said Monday that Suriyan Sujaritpolwong, better known as Mor Yong has died of septicemia at the Prison Hospital.

Paiboon said Suriyan was pronounced dead at 10 pm on Friday and the autopsy has been done.

Read this and weep.There will be no accountability, no real explanation and discussion will not be permitted.And apart from the RWNJ does anybody seriously question Thailand is now in a kind of hell?

Took two days before the authorities go public with the news – seems the 4G can’t come quick enough.

Just one question - would he have died if he were not in prison?

At the very least, if truly Septicaemia, he should have received proper medical treatment (including care in a real hospital).

Still a lot of unknowns here, but what is known is that delaying care virtually guarantees a fatal outcome!

When are Thais going to say enough is enough and rise up.[emoji35]

Ha ha ha - another mention of the upcoming uprising. Set a date yet ?. I think you will only need a couple of buses this time.

What is it about this case which you have had enough of ?. It seems to me that these people are criminals who knew exactly what they were doing. Does it annoy you that people can't get on with lying and cheating ?.

LM is something the civilised world left behind many, many years ago. It should be right up a red-shirts alley.

If you managed to think about it a bit, you might realise why it is being enforced so strictly at the moment.

Took two days before the authorities go public with the news – seems the 4G can’t come quick enough.

Just one question - would he have died if he were not in prison?

At the very least, if truly Septicaemia, he should have received proper medical treatment (including care in a real hospital).

Still a lot of unknowns here, but what is known is that delaying care virtually guarantees a fatal outcome!

If it was septicemia then you must be treated in a proper hospital. People often end up in intensive care because it is very serious although survival rates have improved significantly in recent years.

The Nation

Read this and weep.There will be no accountability, no real explanation and discussion will not be permitted.And apart from the RWNJ does anybody seriously question Thailand is now in a kind of hell?

So what is your theory ?.

The Junta just want rid of them even though they can lock them away and try to find out if they still have information about who else is involved ?.

Or someone else who is very high up is implicated and is scared sh*tless he is going to be next in the cell and has enough power to get someone close to these people ?.

I would say one of those is much more likely than the other.

This farce is showing just how lawless Thailand really is. It is making the country look like some typical corrupt 3rd world Asian country from decades ago.