British man and wife hacked to death in Tobago

webfact

British Man And Wife Hacked To Death In Tobago

The 73-year-old was found in a pool of blood with "chop wounds", while a gardener discovered his wife dead in the garden

TOBAGO: -- A British man and his wife have been brutally murdered at their home on the Caribbean island of Tobago.

Lawyer Richard Wheeler, 73, was found "face down in a pool of blood with chop wounds to both arms and the back of the head".

A gardener found his wife, Grace Wheeler, dead on the lawn with a cut to her neck on Tuesday morning, according to a police statement.

Officers then discovered Mr Wheeler dead inside the house in the village of Carnbee.

Robbery is thought to be the motive as the bedroom and living room had been ransacked - but police said "all avenues are being explored" and they were "pursuing certain leads".

Full story: http://news.sky.com/story/1573921/british-man-and-wife-hacked-to-death-in-tobago

-- sky NEWS 2015-10-22

Therein lies the constant danger and reminder...you are a foreigner...your life is not worth a great deal...to many locals...in whatever country you live in outside your country of birth...IMHO

Therein lies the constant danger and reminder...you are a foreigner...your life is not worth a great deal...to many locals...in whatever country you live in outside your country of birth...IMHO

You think criminals in your home country have more respect for you because your one of them cheesy.gif

Criminals the world over have no respect for their victims that is why they do the things they do. In general racism isnt a reason but profit is.

crazy world.

YOU work, slave to the man, until you are......let's say......60

Then you and your wife go and explore the world...

not too many years later, murdered.

so what else can we do? nothing........gotta live our life.

but i'm quitting my job tomorrow and cashing out the 401k!!!!!

crazy world.

YOU work, slave to the man, until you are......let's say......60

Then you and your wife go and explore the world...

not too many years later, murdered.

so what else can we do? nothing........gotta live our life.

but i'm quitting my job tomorrow and cashing out the 401k!!!!!

That is why many younger people explore the world as digital nomads making money along the way. Retire at 60 or 65 is old school. Life and travel is much nicer when your young.

But such evil criminals to slaughter them.

Edited by robblok

You think criminals in your home country have more respect for you because your one of them cheesy.gif

Criminals the world over have no respect for their victims that is why they do the things they do. In general racism isnt a reason but profit is.

But the criminals in ones home country are less likely to include a xenophobic element to their enterprise against one ie: added/increased/extreme violence as a result of the resentment (perhaps shared by many of their countrymen, including the police) felt towards "rich" "exploitative" "arrogant" foreigners.

Edited by Enoon

Amen.

At last, a fellow realist.

For the life of me I cannot understand why there are so many who try to apologize and say how wonderful local people are and how it is always the foreigner's fault for not understanding them.

Watch your six, I say.

If you and the ggt dude really believe that, why in God's name would you ever decide to live in a foreign country?