School recommendations? thai girl secondary school

Swiss1960

The daughter of my GF is currently in primary school up in Roi Et and we are thinking about taking her down her next year when she get's 12yo and starts her secondary school terms.

We live in Nongprue (Khao Talo) and looking for good Thai schools for her. While she is in top third of her current school, she definitely is not the brightest student (says my GF) and NOT up to private schools like Regents, but we would want to find a top tier Thai school around here where we could send her.

Transportation is no issue, costs we will look at later, but first of all, I would appreciate any recommendations for schools.

P.S.: before you start about it... yes, my GF is talking with neighbours also and looking for schools on her own, I would just love to add few schools to the list, where you guys (and girls) think they have good teachers willing to prepare their students for later high school / university path.

I tutor students from schools all over Pattaya. I will send mine to Maryvit as the students seem quite happy, intelligent and polite. I find the more expensive school students to be a bit arrogent and lazy. The government school students are a little starved for education.

Sus.ac.th

Thai program 1/2 of English. Best private school very affordable from 5000 baht a month add 3k for bus transport per month.

Send my son, AC in all classes, great campus & Security

I agree with the above school also.

My GF's daughter (9yo) has been going there for 2 years now, she does the Thai/English program, (70% Thai, 30% English)

She absolutely loves the school & is ready & dressed before we get up every morning.

There are optional extra programs after school, we chose an extra 1 hour of English 4 days a week @ 4500 a term x 2 terms yearly.

We can now have real conversations so we are very happy.

The total cost is about 60,000 a year as stated above, I just paid the last term fee of 30,500 inc. extra English program.

The school is very good in my opinion, we are very happy with her there.

Cheers

Edited by ROBINPATTAYA

I tutor students from schools all over Pattaya. I will send mine to Maryvit as the students seem quite happy, intelligent and polite. I find the more expensive school students to be a bit arrogent and lazy. The government school students are a little starved for education.

Thanks for that recommendation,

Do you happen to know whether they also have an English written webpage? I only find a Thai version. Would love to find out more about that school

I can reccomend Maryvit, my wee girl was there from 3 years old until 11 years old.

Plenty of sport (new swimming pool) and lots of home work, there are additional "VIP" classes for good learners.

The traffic is horrendous in and out of there though. There are no English programmes and you'll find all communication through their office is inThai

She now attends a school in Sriracha for her secondary school.

Hope this helps..........

Thanks for that recommendation,

Do you happen to know whether they also have an English written webpage? I only find a Thai version. Would love to find out more about that school

I believe it's only Thai. English is taught by mainly Philipino teachers which is a bit of a drawback if you want your child to speak English fluently, unless you make additional other arrangements for your child's English.

My seven year old son is now in his fourth year at Maryvit and if like me you cant afford international school fees then it is without doubt the best and most highly thought of Thai school in Pattaya. Fees run up to about 85k baht a year and that includes the school pick up and drop off service which for me living in Jomtien is a real bonus.

Do not be put off by Filipino teachers teaching your kids English. My seven year old son is fairly fluent in spoken English mainly due to speaking with me but also due to the Filipinos teaching him the grammar which I would be useless at

My seven year old son is now in his fourth year at Maryvit and if like me you cant afford international school fees then it is without doubt the best and most highly thought of Thai school in Pattaya. Fees run up to about 85k baht a year and that includes the school pick up and drop off service which for me living in Jomtien is a real bonus.

Do not be put off by Filipino teachers teaching your kids English. My seven year old son is fairly fluent in spoken English mainly due to speaking with me but also due to the Filipinos teaching him the grammar which I would be useless at

I think it depends if you are English or American, I wanted my child to say Z, not Zee that's why I moved him to Regents.

I think it depends if you are English or American, I wanted my child to say Z, not Zee that's why I moved him to Regents.

Rubbish. You moved him because you (or your employer) can afford to pay lots more for a (still) sub-standard education.

Rubbish. You moved him because you (or your employer) can afford to pay lots more for a (still) sub-standard education.

I doubt he has been anywhere near Regents apart from when he was taxing his scooter next door