Package Holiday Bangkok Post

Oink

I bought the Bangkok Post today in the hope of finding a package holiday somewhere exotic. Waste of time.

Why are all of the adverts for holidays printed in Thai? I thought it was an English Language newspaper?

In 2015 you search for package holidays in news papers.

Point me to Thai website in English which details available packages for a family holiday.

Despite you not to comprehend the irony of holidays only being advertised in Thai in an English language newspaper.

Why not try a good old fashioned Travel agents,found in every Thai city.

They even have one in Lom Sak.

Edited by CharlieH

Thursdays used to be the big travel promotion day in the Bangkok Post; maybe not anymore. I did buy a couple of those "2 night/3day" packages to Singapore and HK a number of years ago, before the proliferation of low cost carriers made it cheaper to do it yourself. The hotels included in the advertised price were generally substandard and in outlying areas, thus by the time you upgraded to anything decent, the bargain price was out the window.

I also remember the booking process was always inconvenient. Payment in advance via ATM deposit, picking tickets up at some out of the way location and flights at undesirable times.

Not really worth it.

Edited by dddave