Non Immigrant O Multiple Entry Possible From Kl ?

I'm and Englishman maried to a Thai laday and for the past 2 years I've had a one year visa because I had 400,000 baht in the bank.

This year I do not have the money and have been unable to find someone to borrow from.

My local immigration office have not been so friendly. They told me I would only be able to get a 3 month visa from Penang and then I would have to leave Thailand.

Some friends of mine who are also married to a Thai lady have been staying on a mulitple entry non immigrant O visa which they used to buy in Penang and could then stay for 15 months, going to the nearest border very three months. For this they did not have to show 400,000 baht in the bank.

I have heard through the grapevine that KL is the best pace to go. I tried emailing the Thai embassy in KL but get no reply. I would like to find out if its possible to obtain 4 or 5 three month, non immigrant O visas in one visit to the KL embassy.

Any advice appreciated.

At last report both KL and Singapore have been good options for the multi entry non immigrant O visa which is valid for one year and allows unlimited number of entries up to 90 days each stay. Penang has been allowing for those who already had received a visa from them and returned but not sure if that policy is still in effect or not. But I have not heard of anyone having a Thai wife not being able to obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa. I believe the language of immigration was the visa would only last 3 months and you would have to leave (to obtain a new visa) from Penang.

I'm and Englishman maried to a Thai laday and for the past 2 years I've had a one year visa because I had 400,000 baht in the bank.

This year I do not have the money and have been unable to find someone to borrow from.

My local immigration office have not been so friendly. They told me I would only be able to get a 3 month visa from Penang and then I would have to leave Thailand.

Some friends of mine who are also married to a Thai lady have been staying on a mulitple entry non immigrant O visa which they used to buy in Penang and could then stay for 15 months, going to the nearest border very three months. For this they did not have to show 400,000 baht in the bank.

I have heard through the grapevine that KL is the best pace to go. I tried emailing the Thai embassy in KL but get no reply. I would like to find out if its possible to obtain 4 or 5 three month, non immigrant O visas in one visit to the KL embassy.

Any advice appreciated.

simillar problems, please let me know if you find a smart solution....

I just came back from Penang..Penang is not a good choice for a non o 1 year. I received a 3 month non o. Most of the foreigners down there,( hearing from the agent I use) are not getting what they want. They are getting issued tourist visa's. I have used Penang for years, but this time was a bummer.

Just out of curriosity. What is the back lash of being given a sigle entry tourist visa..

Is that still subject to a 90 in 90 day out ?

Im in the same situation as you mate. KL and Singapore are the best bet from the info I hear at the momnet, having said that i booked to go to singapore in 3 weeks so ill let you know how i go.

Aussiestyle

I'm booked to go to KL in three weeks when my 90 day tourist will expire. i'm going to try to get another 90 day tourist from KL. I was going to go to Spore but I have been to KL before. I'm wishing I had booked Spore instead because i've never been there before.

Thanks for replies.

A quick update.................

I telephoned the Thai embassy in KL and was told that I needed a work permit if I wanted a multiple entry non immigrant O visa.

I have also been told by a friend of mine that Sunbelt asia told him New Delhi and Australia are the closest places that will issue multiple entry visas.

I've decided to head back to England. I phoned that Thai consulate in Birmingham and was told there would be no problem to get a multiple entry - only I have to show a copy of the marriage certificate and my passport, it will cost 90 pounds.

At least I will be able to spend Xmas back home with family and friends.