Government sponsors 'Swine Beauty Queen' contest for fat women

webfact

In related news:

The Oversized Ladies of Thailand Association (OLT) is sponsoring a Official Idiot of the Year (OIY) contest for any and all officials or employees of institutions in Thailand.

The basic rules for the pageant state that participants must have originated at least 10 public statements or initiatives over a one year period, deemed to be asinine, spectacularly dumb and mind-bogglingly stupid in nature and conception. As there is no shortage of candidates, the OLT has prepared double- and triple-crowns as well as subcategory winning titles such as Numbskull of the Year and Dumbass of the Year, among others.

OLT predicts this event to become an instant hit and is now preparing for an eventual monthly edition.

With this criteria, there are going to be a lot of contestants, might need a bigger venue.

In related news:

The Oversized Ladies of Thailand Association (OLT) is sponsoring a Official Idiot of the Year (OIY) contest for any and all officials or employees of institutions in Thailand.

The basic rules for the pageant state that participants must have originated at least 10 public statements or initiatives over a one year period, deemed to be asinine, spectacularly dumb and mind-bogglingly stupid in nature and conception. As there is no shortage of candidates, the OLT has prepared double- and triple-crowns as well as subcategory winning titles such as Numbskull of the Year and Dumbass of the Year, among others.

OLT predicts this event to become an instant hit and is now preparing for an eventual monthly edition.

With this criteria, there are going to be a lot of contestants, might need a bigger venue.

OLT says: growth is good. tongue.png

Swine contest? you could not make it up - are they making it up?

if any truth in it (and I'm not particularly PC) then it's disgusting comparing women with pigs

Mu, or pig, is a fairly innocuous nick name for fat children which of course stays with them all their life, i know two women in my village with the nick name Mu and neither of them are fat now but they were as children, it doesn't seem to have the same insulting meaning as in English.

The news organisation used the word swine. The Thai title is actually very charming using the words taepee or more like heavenly maiden and sakorn a poetic word for a pig that is elegant. However, the reference to diabetes is concerning though there is no evidence of that on the poster page.

if any truth in it (and I'm not particularly PC) then it's disgusting comparing women with pigs

only the fat ones, nothing wrong in that

Everything is wrong with that.

I could have guessed your response, but see my post 35 first

only the fat ones, nothing wrong in that
Everything is wrong with that.

I could have guessed your response, but see my post 35 first

I've read all your posts on this thread and equally distasteful ones you have made in the past about people who have weight issues.

Edited by Bluespunk

In related news:

Could take weeks to hand out all the awards.

There are cultural differences here as far as people commenting on appearance goes. It is, I agree, 'politically refreshing' that Poumpouy = FAT, and if 'fat' is what you are, then fat is what you're called to your face, in a not insulting way! Likewise if you *really are* handsome, or beautiful, in Thailand , strangers will remark on that everywhere you go, not just outside a beer bar door.

So I can see that to them it's all a bit of fun, but it's how the meat industry is sponsoring it that is just a little bit off for me.

Maybe in Thai culture that juxtaposition works like bread and butter, but I just can't get my western head around it.

Mu, or pig, is a fairly innocuous nick name for fat children which of course stays with them all their life, i know two women in my village with the nick name Mu and neither of them are fat now but they were as children, it doesn't seem to have the same insulting meaning as in English.

wrong! Moo Noi is innocuous when used to describe a child or someone very close.

You try going up to a fat Thai and calling them Moo and see what happens ok?

"....must not have “socially stigmatized or unhealthy diseases such as diabetes.”

a fat obesse person who does not have an unhealthy disease has either not yet been checked by a doctor, or is having minor symptoms and not yet diagnosed.

its litterally IMPOSSIBLE for an obesse person to be disease free.

Heart Problems, breathing problems, cholesteral problems, arterial placque, hardening of the arteries, borderline diabetes, full blown diabetes, reduced kidney function, stomach issues, digestive issues, reflux disorders, THE LIST IS HUGE when you are HUGE !!!

again, its physically impossible for an obesse person to be without disease.

show me an obesse person who is not taking daily pills please or who does not have any of the above problems.

Edited by easybullet3

But... Swine Queen?

Dept of Livestock sponsorship?

<deleted>!

Then they wonder why some men come here looking to treat local women like pieces of meat?

Nothing more to be said.

Oh dear, someone forgot to put the milk your tea vicar.

This from a dude with a daughter and granddaughter, amazing. And then you buggers wonder why so many of you wake up dead at the hands of your spouse one fine morning.

The heads of the PC police in the U.S. would literally explode over this one! Lol

they have fat lady contests in USA....actually the PC do it to show the beauty of being unhealthy....They actually ban in some countries models that are too slim or looking too young (even they are not young).

Only "or unhealthy diseases such as diabetes" would make the PC police upset.

Yes but do they connect the said contests to swine....? laugh.png

I love pigs licklips.gif

The heads of the PC police in the U.S. would literally explode over this one! Lol

they have fat lady contests in USA....actually the PC do it to show the beauty of being unhealthy....They actually ban in some countries models that are too slim or looking too young (even they are not young).

I love pigs licklips.gif

isn't that illegal ?

I love pigs licklips.gif

isn't that illegal ?

Not in some states in the US it seems

But... Swine Queen?

Dept of Livestock sponsorship?

<deleted>!

Then they wonder why some men come here looking to treat local women like pieces of meat?

Nothing more to be said.

Oh dear, someone forgot to put the milk your tea vicar.

This from a dude with a daughter and granddaughter, amazing. And then you buggers wonder why so many of you wake up dead at the hands of your spouse one fine morning.

and a son and two step daughters who i send to university. I don't know anybody who treats women like meat but then i don't live in Pattaya, maybe you should change your friends and place of residence