Sweden: assailant now dead after double-fatal school sword attack

webfact

Sweden: assailant now dead after double-fatal school sword attack

606x341_315673.jpg

STOCKHOLM: -- Police investigating a sword attack at a school in Sweden say the attacker is now dead.

A masked man wielding a sword killed a teacher and seriously wounded another along with two pupils at a school this morning.

One of those injured later died in hospital.

Police responded to calls warning of an intruder with a sword on the premises at 10am.

It happened at the Kronan school in Trollhättan, an industrial town just north of Gothenburg.

There are 400 pupils at the school, ranging in age from pre-school to high school.

Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven is expected to visit the school.

Leit is a pupil at the school who witnessed the attack. “The man had a mask on, he told reporters. “At first we thought it was a joke because Halloween is coming up soon. One of my friends went to take a picture with him.Then we saw the man getting stabbed so we just ran..”

Police have identified the attacker who is said to be in his 20’s. He was being treated in hospital for gunshot wounds. No indication has been given about a possible motive for the attack.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-10-23

Masked man kills a pupil and a teacher at a school in Sweden

606x341_315701.jpg

TROLLHATTEN: -- A community in western Sweden is in shock after a masked man with a sword killed a teacher and a pupil at a school.

A pupil and a teacher were also seriously injured.

The attacker was shot by police and later died from his injuries.

The alarm was raised at the school in Trollhatten, an industrial town 75 kilometres north of Gothenburg.

The black-clad suspect appears to have posed for photographs with pupils before embarking on his murderous rampage.

“We thought it was a joke, a Halloween prank or something, but it wasn’t,” said one girl. “Lots of pupils started to cry when the teachers and the other pupils were injured.”

The search for a motive

Police have not given any details of a possible motive for the attack.

The attacker’s social media sites have been examined and suggest an interest in neo-Nazi ideology and memorabilia, it has been claimed.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-10-23

If the assailant will turn out to be a Muslim kid ISIS wannabee, than the writing was on the wall,

and Sweden, should brace for much more of the same in coming years..

I think your wrong here, reading the papers they say it was a white kid, but they're not saying who the victims are, i think you can draw your own conclusions.

Teacher, student killed in stabbing attack on Swedish school
By JAN M. OLSEN

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — A sword-wielding masked man who students thought was playing a Halloween prank stabbbed four people at a school with a large immigrant community in southern Sweden on Thursday, killing a teacher and a student before being shot dead by police.

The 21-year-old assailant, who posed with students before beginning his deadly rampage, roamed the halls of the Kronan school in the industrial town of Trollhatan, knocking on the doors of two classrooms and slashing those who opened them, authorities said.

The identity of the assailant was not released, though a police investigator, Thord Haraldsson, told reporters that a racist motive was "part of the picture." He did not elaborate.

The attack stunned Sweden, where violent crime is relatively rare, though there has been a recent spate of arson attacks on asylum centers in the south of the country as the influx of migrants has surged. Immigration officials estimate that some 190,000 will arrive this year, second only to Germany in western Europe.

"This is a black day for Sweden," Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said of the attack, the deadliest ever to target a school in Sweden. "It is a tragedy that hits the entire country."

Laith Alazze, a 14 year-old student, said at first he thought the attacker — who was clad in black and wearing a helmet that masked his eyes — had something to do with Halloween.

"One of my friends walked over to him to challenge him, but when we saw he stabbed (the teacher), we ran away," Alazze told Sweden's TV4.

"He walked sort of like a soldier with a sword in his hand," another student, identified only as Edona, told the station.

Panicked students fled the school, as police and ambulances rushed in. They found a dead male teacher and three people seriously wounded — two boys, aged 11 and 15, and another male teacher. One of the students later died of his wounds. None of the victims was identified.

Officers fired two shots, hitting the attacker with a bullet in the lower chest, and he died later at a hospital.

Speaking at a news conference, Haraldsson said the assailant entered the school through a cafe in its lobby that is open to the public, then knocked on the doors of two classrooms, stabbing his victims. Police later searched the attacker's home and found "interesting" things for their investigation, he added, without elaborating.

Several news outlets, including Dagens Nyheter, one of Sweden's largest national newspapers, posted a photo of a black-clad man they identified as the attacker wearing a military-style helmet and a black mask with a sword in his hand. The media reports said the killer posed with two students before he started his rampage.

According to media reports, the school had held a meeting Thursday morning prior to the attack to discuss teachers' fears they could not control access to the school as students had to go through the public cafe to reach the school's cafeteria and other parts of the school.

Late Thursday, dozens of people gathered quietly to pay their respects outside the school, whose pupils range in age from pre-school to high school, many of them the children of immigrants. Some 20 percent of Trollhatan's 56,000 inhabitants are foreign-born.

Lofven, who cancelled his scheduled program and rushed to Trollhattan, declined to comment on Swedish media reports that the attacker had right-wing sympathies, saying that police were still trying to establish his profile.

News of the attack brought expression of somber dismay. Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf said the entire nation was "in shock" and that the royal family received the news "with great dismay and sadness."

Sweden's last school attack was in 1961, when a 17-year-old man opened fire at a school dance hall in the southwestern part of the country, wounding seven students, one of whom died later. Violent crime is rare in the country, which has strict gun-control laws. In 2013, there were 87 homicides reported in Sweden, a country of some 10 million people.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-10-23

If the assailant will turn out to be a Muslim kid ISIS wannabee, than the writing was on the wall,

I read yesterday from another source that this school has 90% immigrant kids, so it more likely is an Anders Behring Breivik wannabe...

Sweden School Attack: Racist Motive Probed

The suspect, who has been named by Swedish media as Anton Lundin-Pettersson, reportedly expressed far-right sympathies online

TROLLHATAN: -- Police investigating a stabbing at a school in Sweden involving a sword-wielding masked man say a racist motive is "part of the picture", amid reports the suspect had expressed far-right sympathies online.

It comes as the 21-year-old assailant was named by Swedish media as Anton Lundin-Pettersson.

The attacker, who was dressed in a black trench coat, mask and helmet, posed with students who thought he was playing a Halloween prank at a school in the industrial town of Trollhatan.

He then began his deadly attack, roaming the halls of the Kronan school, knocking on the doors of two classrooms and stabbing those who opened them.

A teacher and a student were killed, before the suspect was shot dead by police.

Full story: http://news.sky.com/story/1574694/sweden-school-attack-racist-motive-probed

-- skyNEWS 2015-10-23

The attacker’s social media sites have been examined and suggest an interest in neo-Nazi ideology and memorabilia, it has been claimed.

And if it turns out he's a neo-Nazi will we have nothing to worry about in the coming years?

Edited by Suradit69

Swedish school killer watched Nazi videos before attack

Named as Anton Lundin-Pettersson in Swedish media, he entered school wearing Nazi helmet and Darth Vader mask before stabbing pupils and teachers

By Richard Orange, Malmo

9:27PM BST 22 Oct 2015

A far-Right sympathiser brandishing a sword killed a teacher and student in an attack on a school in Sweden on Thursday, in what police called one of the worst events in the country's history.

Wearing a Nazi helmet and a Darth Vader mask and holding a sword covered in blood, pupils thought the killer was in Halloween costume and posed for pictures with him seconds before he stabbed their teacher.

More here - Telegraph

Millions of ethnic Europeans are fed up with the waves of Muslim immigrants, and among those millions of angered Europeans, there will be plenty of nutcases like this guy, who can't vent their anger in a sane way. The European politicians has created a monster(s) by completely ignoring the voices of the native population. Soon they will call for a strong man, who can help and protect them from the Muslims, and history will repeat itself. There is not much to be optimistic about in Europe. I am glad I reside elsewhere.

I would sadly expect more of this, much more. Sweden estimates it will receive a record 190,000 migrants this year. You are going to have soaring crime figures due to the scale of influx from alien third world cultures. Sadly it also makes fertile ground for local fascists to emerge. I suspect most of all this case will be milked for all its worth by the ruling party pushing their own agenda.

Best Bitter in Phuket has a point, be it an little one.

Far right ONLY has ONE point to make....scapegoats.

Commies.....

Reds........

Immigrants (legal)

Immigrants Illegal

Migrants

Refugees

In the mean time, to their own mistake, they vote for almost every bombing and war campaign raised by the world lobby.

The further away the more they want to contribute......this time looneys@home are the result of political incompetence, next time an asylum seeker goes berserk, asylum seekers are to blame........and we are back at square one, blame - shame - is my game.....which btw it's not my game!

And if it turns out he's a neo-Nazi will we have nothing to worry about in the coming years?

There you go buddy, I know what I'm talking about,,, Read on...

4 in 10 Danish Muslims want Koran to be used in Denmark’s laws.... (lifted from a Danish news paper

3 days ago) and this is only the beginning.....

https://www.rt.com/news/319150-denmark-muslims-koran-laws/

Edited by ezzra

Your assumption was 180 degree wrong, it was a 21 year old Swede with Swedish parents and grandparents and grand grandparents etc.

He killed one boy ​coming from a war zone, Syria. The other one isn't declared yet but he wasn't originating from Sweden.

It was most probably a racist hate crime as the killer held ultra conservative views.

The attackers social media sites have been examined and suggest an interest in neo-Nazi ideology and memorabilia, it has been claimed.

There you go buddy, I know what I'm talking about,,, Read on...

4 in 10 Danish Muslims want Koran to be used in Denmarks laws.... (lifted from a Danish news paper

3 days ago) and this is only the beginning.....

https://www.rt.com/news/319150-denmark-muslims-koran-laws/

I wouldn't want to live in a non secular Muslim country, but when you share the fact that 40% of Danish Muslims want non secular laws, then please also add the actual Muslim population in Denmark. That is according to US state department 3.7%. So in total 1.5% of Danish people want the Koran influencing Danish law. Not a number that has me worried.

I am actually pleasantly surprised that the majority of Danish Muslims prefer a secular state.