Mexico's Pacific Coast braces for monster Hurricane Patricia

webfact

No one controls mother nature to do so would be a very big mistake. Some things aren't made to be controlled just let them run their course. That is all you can do.

God give you strength and faith

Sincerely

Zack attack

Would that be the same god that created the storm??? Just sayin'...coffee1.gif

I'm 35 km north of Puerto Vallarta at the moment on the coast of a small fishing village called Sayulita. We have evacuated most of the guests at this resort that I am part of and all the staff except for 5 volunteers. 10 guests have chosen to ride it out with us. We have sandbagged and performed cautionary measures with all the units and outdoor facilities. At the moment it is just raining like a normal rainfall in Phuket at this time of year. We are expecting the rain to increase in another hour or so and the brunt of the storm is forecasted to hit us withing the next 2 -4 hours. It looks like it will make landfall farther south of us in Chamela and continue northeast with dissipating power. We will still be hit with some powerful winds and maybe some flooding but not the dreaded full force of over 400kph winds. I will try to send an update if the power holds and we still have electricity. Needless to say, i wish I was back home in Phuket.......

I think I would rather take a chance with the hurricane then take a chance in Phuket. But don't quote me on that.

We didn't suffer any major castrophes here 35 km north of Puerto Vallarta which is only 55 miles from the eye of the storm. Not much different then a good tropical storm. Lots of rain and some wind but not life threatening conditions.Surf is a bit bigger and still raining pretty good. I am just outside the village and haven't heard any news from the surrounding area yet but I doubt there has been any unusual damage. We were lucky.

Sayulita is actually about 100 miles north of where the small, tightly-wound eye made landfall (I used to live 'next-door' in San Pancho). Happy to hear you guys dodged a bullet...

Kudos to the authorities who did a remarkable job in evacuating PV and areas south with what was essentially less than 24 hours warning. I'm hearing Costa Careyes took a major hit and Playa Teopa has vanished--bye bye to one of the best surf spots in Mexico...

Are you at Escondido Resort?