Me Tourist Visa V. Voa

I have a couple of questions regarding tourist Visa.

I am arriving in Thailand on a return ticket, back to UK 86 days later.

I will be travelling in the region, exiting Thailand at least twice.

I am planning to arrange these trips while in Thailand.

So it would be feasible for me to just use 30 day VOA. But would it be a good idea? For a start, when I arrive at immigration, will they look at my return 86 days later and no proof of onward travel and so have a problem with giving me the VOA?

If I do get a multi - entry tourist Visa - are there any restrictions on the amount of these Visas one may get in a year? I plan to split my time between UK and LoS so am looking at up to 3 trips over in a 12 month period.

Thanks for any advice,

Ace.

I am arriving in Thailand on a return ticket, back to UK 86 days later.

I will be travelling in the region, exiting Thailand at least twice.

I am planning to arrange these trips while in Thailand.

So it would be feasible for me to just use 30 day VOA. But would it be a good idea? For a start, when I arrive at immigration, will they look at my return 86 days later and no proof of onward travel and so have a problem with giving me the VOA?

If I do get a multi - entry tourist Visa - are there any restrictions on the amount of these Visas one may get in a year? I plan to split my time between UK and LoS

1. Leaving without visa. Thai immigration will not be a problem, but the airline may deny you boarding. Each airline has its own rule; check with your airline.

2. Tourist visa. There is no limit on the number of tourist visas you may apply for. There is no “multi-entry tourist visa”, but you can apply for a tourist visa for a specified number of entries. Tourist visas valid for more than one entry are usually valid for entry within six months from the date of issue of the visa but there have been reports that some consulates in neighbouring countries of Thailand limit the validity also of this visa to only 30 days. Suggestion: in a covering letter with your visa application, request that the visa, if applied for more than one entry, should be valid for six months. With this validity, the maximum practical number of entries to apply for is three. You may get better service from an honorary consulate in the UK than from the Thai embassy in London.

--------------

Maestro