I want facts and experience, not opinions. Thanks.

Facts and experiences only not opinions please and thanks.

How many TVs, back to back, are possible to obtain? Is there a limiting number ....

Can anyone shine light on this? Again not with opinions please just if you've ever had trouble experience wise or know by factual law. Thanks.

• Like 2

Thanks. Is it the same situation with extensions on visas ? They seem.... More unwilling shall we say to give them out.

As long as you qualify for the extension of stay you are applying for, and can supply all the documents/requirements, you will always be granted an extension of stay.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 2

Thanks. Is it the same situation with extensions on visas ? They seem.... More unwilling shall we say to give them out.

As long as you qualify for the extension of stay you are applying for and can supply all the documents/requirements you will always be granted an extension of stay.

Thanks a lot :)

I've heard rumours that the new in-coming METV could be the end of double entry TVs. And that the METV would only be applicable to obtain from your own native country.

I seriously hope that these are false rumours lol. That would be border line racist policies..

As long as you qualify for the extension of stay you are applying for and can supply all the documents/requirements you will always be granted an extension of stay.
Thanks a lot smile.png

I've heard rumours that the new in-coming METV could be the end of double entry TVs. And that the METV would only be applicable to obtain from your own native country.

I seriously hope that these are false rumours lol. That would be border line racist policies..

It's unconfirmed yet if ALL embassies/consulates are ending double entry TR's, but it looks very likely that will happen.

It's also unconfirmed but looks likely that the METV's will only be available from your home country/country of residence. This policy already applies to other visa categories and is no way racist.

What's the minimum cost here for marriage? :)

Thanks a lot smile.png

It's unconfirmed yet if ALL embassies/consulates are ending double entry TR's, but it looks very likely that will happen.

It's also unconfirmed but looks likely that the METV's will only be available from your home country/country of residence. This policy already applies to other visa categories and is no way racist.

Facts are names, numbers, data; You have been given none.

None of the people answering are on TR visa and have experienced the angst of being refused visa or entry.

and yet you seem happy!

Thanks a lot smile.png

None of the people answering are on TR visa and have experienced the angst of being refused visa or entry.
and yet you seem happy!

I'm good buddy smile.png

Thanks a lot :)

I am curious to know why you consider this border line racist ?

Are tourists classed as a race these days ? Many countries require that a visa be issued in ones own country or place of legal residence

I'm not even going to try to enlighten you ......

• Like 1

Thanks a lot smile.png

Are tourists classed as a race these days ? Many countries require that a visa be issued in ones own country or place of legal residence

Oh do please try....dazzle us with your rational

• Like 1

Thanks a lot smile.png

Oh do please try

Oh do please **** off [emoji23]
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot smile.png

Oh do please try

Oh do please **** off [emoji23]

Oh dear i asked a perfectly legitimate question and this is the response....so can we conclude then the changes in the visa rules are therefore not racist..?

Thanks a lot smile.png

the METV will only be applicable to obtain from your own native country

it's already confirmed by lots of embassies/consulates in europe and asia ... all the others embassies should follow

Is this racism? The answer is definitely an opinion.

For me, it's not directly about racism, but more about money.

They want richer foreigners.

Does it mean they only like us when we spend money? Probably.

Does that mean they are racists? May be.

• Like 1

Okay, you wants facts

8 years here. 5 years on Tourist Visas and 3 years on Educations Visas. Never refused entry and extend my visa every 60 days. I can speak Thai to a standard level.

Friend of mine here for 17 years. Three years on a marriage Visa and wife is killed in a motorcycle accident. Two years then on a Education Visa and the last 12 years on double entry Tourist Visas with a break every now and again in a friendly country. Never refused entry.

Another gay friend of mine here for 7 years on Tourist visas. Never refused entry.

Seems that the METV will mean going home in the future and fore-filling the requirements that will be posted at each Consulate. This is not in concrete yet but in all odds, it looks like it is heading this way.

Thank you.

Can I ask. What are you or your friends going to do now though. Seeing as for years you've used double entry and now it's basically going to be abolished ...

Assuming you won't be paying 1000 dollars for a trip home to apply for a new visa every 6 months ...?

Thanks a lot smile.png

and yet you seem happy!

The post I was replying to didn't specify wanting facts. The only facts asked for were in the OP and were about the law and back to back TR applications. He's been given factual answers.

I have never been refused entry, but I have been refused a double entry TR and only given a single by Vientiane as long ago as 2009, so it's nothing new and I have more personal experience than most.

Happy about what?

Okay, you wants facts

8 years here. 5 years on Tourist Visas and 3 years on Educations Visas. Never refused entry and extend my visa every 60 days. I can speak Thai to a standard level.

Friend of mine here for 17 years. Three years on a marriage Visa and wife is killed in a motorcycle accident. Two years then on a Education Visa and the last 12 years on double entry Tourist Visas with a break every now and again in a friendly country. Never refused entry.

Another gay friend of mine here for 7 years on Tourist visas. Never refused entry.

Seems that the METV will mean going home in the future and fore-filling the requirements that will be posted at each Consulate. This is not in concrete yet but in all odds, it looks like it is heading this way.

Thank you.

Can I ask. What are you or your friends going to do now though. Seeing as for years you've used double entry and now it's basically going to be abolished ...

Assuming you won't be paying 1000 dollars for a trip home to apply for a new visa every 6 months ...?

I am wealthy enough to afford a PE Visa and if I have to do that, that will be my choice to stay. I have a trans-gender partner and have been with her for 8 years now. I have 4 years to go till I am 50.

My friends are lost and in all honesty, do not know what to do. My gay friend has a partner and 7 years to go till retirement and his partner spoke to me saying they will move to Cambodia and do a Tourist Visa twice a year to come back for 6 months.

My long term friend of 17 years, will marry his girl friend. Others I know are shitting bricks....

Edited by totally thaied up

Okay, you wants facts

Thank you.

A 5 year TE visa would be perfect for them and they dont have to go anywhere, dont have to prove they have a job in their own countries, dont have to fly, and dont have to show the cash in the bank

Okay, you wants facts

Thank you.

I am wealthy enough to afford a PE Visa and if I have to do that, that will be my choice to stay. I have a trans-gender partner and have been with her for 8 years now. I have 4 years to go till I am 50.

My friends are lost and in all honesty, do not know what to do. My gay friend has a partner and 7 years to go till retirement and his partner spoke to me saying they will move to Cambodia and do a Tourist Visa twice a year to come back for 6 months.

My long term friend of 17 years, will marry his girl friend. Others I know are shitting bricks....

What's a PE visa? It seems like they've made it no other solution except marriage for some people ...

Thanks a lot smile.png

the METV will only be applicable to obtain from your own native country

it's already confirmed by lots of embassies/consulates in europe and asia ... all the others embassies should follow

Although I think you are right we cannot be 100% sure until each individual embassy/consulate announces the METV, or the MFA website is updated with the METV criteria.

• Like 1

Okay, you wants facts

Thank you.

What's a PE visa? It seems like they've made it no other solution except marriage for some people ...

I think he means a TE visa and its a great option even the shortest term on is 5 years hassle free stay

• Like 1

Okay, you wants facts

Thank you.

A 5 year TE visa would be perfect for them and they dont have to go anywhere, dont have to prove they have a job in their own countries, dont have to fly, and dont have to show the cash in the bank

Yet, who is willing to piss 500K up against the wall when before, two visa runs a year (and my partner and I loved doing them together for a break away from Thailand) was very easy to do. I did not get into my position in life from being wasteful.

Not everyone can do this and it seems that Thailand's idea now is wealth comes first as you can almost buy your way into anything with money (like a TE)

Edited by totally thaied up

Okay, you wants facts

Thank you.

Not much comfort but the METV should be good for 9 months. If you enter at the end of 6 months you'll get another 60 day stay which can be extended by 30 days.