car in the moat

true blue

Surprised this doesn't happen more often considering the general driving ability displayed everyday.

Should've seen some of the stupid moves I saw today by Farang drivers and motorcyclists → fatal attractions ........

Gosh !!! A big surprise!! Another car in the moat !!! coffee1.gif

But I did find it interesting that this time it was apparently a dotty old foreigner driving. Why were his and his wife's faces blurred in the posted photo? rolleyes.gif That to me is also interesting! They aren't messy foreigner murder or suicide victims!

The roads around the moat are perfectly safe, if busy, actually quite busy, from time to time, but no excuses! Some commonsensical rules: If you are drunk, "sleepy," affected by medications, you shouldn't be driving. Or if you are too old. This was in the middle of the afternoon!! Knowing that stretch of the road very well, I am amazed that the guy ended up in the moat. The road is NOT busy there. Navigating before that and somewhat later on --- but not there!

Perhaps these are new retirees having difficulty "adjusting." Some people just need to learn to use songtao, taxis or the new bus system, which is much more sophisticated than you might think. But foreigners in Chiang Mai are in large part lazy and so used to where they were. --- where driving a car is a HUMAN RIGHT !!! But they are now HERE!

Don't know if true but people living by there, said it was a Thai couple trying to avoid a Chinese motorcyclist.

Perfect non thai scapegoat and so much easier to sell than an older 'pii' thai going to sleep.

Just look at the linked photos to see its for sure an asian couple.

Is the TV Forum experiencing difficulty with the quoting to a post format??? This morning it seems that the replies are running into the post being answered. Bit confusing as you can't tell the reply from whats being replied to.

Bit off topic but if you could post a link to an example I can take a look. More often then not it is a member not using it correctly and posting within the quote. Also, a few use top posting rather than bottom posting (a debate in itself) and have to look at the top of the quote to be sure they didn't post there. Best if asked in forum support if you need more assistance.

Is the TV Forum experiencing difficulty with the quoting to a post format??? This morning it seems that the replies are running into the post being answered. Bit confusing as you can't tell the reply from whats being replied to.

Bit off topic but if you could post a link to an example I can take a look. More often then not it is a member not using it correctly and posting within the quote. Also, a few use top posting rather than bottom posting (a debate in itself) and have to look at the top of the quote to be sure they didn't post there. Best if asked in forum support if you need more assistance.

Thanks Tywais..... maybe it was me...... if I see another I'll get it back.

G

Don't know if true but people living by there, said it was a Thai couple trying to avoid a Chinese motorcyclist.

Perfect non thai scapegoat and so much easier to sell than an older 'pii' thai going to sleep.

I turned into a street from Beach Rd. There was a Chinese guy on a scooter trying to decide which side of the road he wanted to be on. I just stopped and let the moron figure it out. So, it's not necessarily an excuse.

I turned into a street from Beach Rd. There was a Chinese guy on a scooter trying to decide which side of the road he wanted to be on. I just stopped and let the moron figure it out. So, it's not necessarily an excuse.

Very much agreed, anyone who drives around CM on a regular basis, knows that to be the case, even out here in Mae Rim they are nightmarish and oh so dangerous on scooters.

can relate to that,there a bane on every driver them cyclists,there even out very late at night with no lights and weaving all over the place, grrrrrrrr

Archived