Lazada Cash on delivery

THAIPHUKET

I don't like to use my Visa card for small items. Only for flight tickets or hotels. Easy to verify.

Lazada service is outstanding. They call when you will be at home. Package status fully traceable. More likely to deliver before due date than late

Let me emphasize this observation it totally unsolicited.

Need to spell out good experiences

Not entirely true in my experience (and have bought often as they are one of the best choices).

The only times they have called is for exact directions when on way - and most times do not bother.

Package status is well behind time so not really usable.

Delivery is normally fast for Lazada stock - not so fast and sometimes late from other senders.

Overall most customers are satisfied if all goes well - not so much when there are glitches.

I've ordered stuff from Lazada several times now, all COD. Works well. And it's fast. I like the fact that I didn't have to register the account with a credit card. One time I even changed my mind about what I had ordered. The delivery driver phoned to say he was on the way and I said I'd made a mistake and didn't want it and he said no problem. He'd return it.

There is another thread ("Lazada has no customer service") in the IT, Computer sub-forum and it, I think, provides a good overall assessment of Lazada and its complete lack of willingness and ability to deal with issues and problems of customers when they arise. I have purchased dozens of items from Lazada, including computers, TV's and cameras, and had, until recently been pleased with the price, ease of purchase and service. And my statements about Lazada had, like the OP, been positive and favourable.

That changed when recently I ordered 2 tablets and 2 matching cases in the same order from Lazada sold by 2 different sellers, one outside of Thailand. I had to pay "over the counter" because the overseas seller would not accept cash on delivery, which I normally use and like. The tablet seller cancelled the order for the tablets claiming that he was out of stock, although my purchase and payment were confirmed. Lazada notified me that they would refund my payment for the tablets, to which I responded "deliver the whole order or cancel it all and refund me my full payment for the order, as the cases have no value without the tablets". (I made 17 calls to Lazada over 3 days; they never once called me back as they promised ("I'll check with my supervisor and call you back"). Lazada notified me that I could not cancel the order for the cases, although they said that they understood my problem, and I would need to wait until the cases arrive and send them back to their warehouse (at my expense) when they arrive, which could be 1 month or more. I received a notice last week from Lazada that the cases had been shipped by the seller and I should expect to receive them around 20th November. Good customer service? -- I think not.

So, the OP has had 1 (or several) good experience(s) with Lazada -- that will, I assure you, change. And when it does, expect no help/service from Lazada, because that is exactly what you will get -- none! You can reduce your risk of dealing with this problem (incompetence) by always using payment on delivery. And never order an accessory until the base item has arrived. And when ever you order from Lazada, pray......!

Yes have always used the COD option for payment. They should be responsible for those using service just as Amazon is in the USA (you do not want to get on there bad side so you play by there rules). In general have had good service from suppliers but time can vary - but normally Lazada provides a long time period that will cover most.

One thing I would be careful about is items shipped from outside Thailand - they might be faster than Ebay (have never tried) but in every case I have checked Ebay has had cheaper direct - seems local sellers may be using drop shipment at inflated price.

you have to realize that you actually do not buy from LAZADA, but from a completely anonymous company that sells its stuff on the lazada website. lazada itself has obviously entirely stopped selling stuff under their own name.

so it is like a lottery game, and you will never know from which sources the items you bought came from.

unfortunately, BIG C's cdiscount online store which was great until a few months ago has gone downhill too - there must have been a change in mgmt

Yes have always used the COD option for payment. They should be responsible for those using service just as Amazon is in the USA (you do not want to get on there bad side so you play by there rules). In general have had good service from suppliers but time can vary - but normally Lazada provides a long time period that will cover most.

One thing I would be careful about is items shipped from outside Thailand - they might be faster than Ebay (have never tried) but in every case I have checked Ebay has had cheaper direct - seems local sellers may be using drop shipment at inflated price.

Agreed. I had never considered ordering from Amazon or ebay before, primarily because of the customs duties issue, but when my order on Lazada was cancelled, I checked Amazon (thanks to a post on the other thread suggesting Amazon as an alternative to Lazada), and the 2 tablets purchased from a seller on Amazon and sent to my mailbox in the US (free shipping in the US) and forwarded to me here in Thailand will be less than if purchased from Lazada, including the customs duties quoted by another seller on Amazon for direct shipment to Thailand, assuming I am charged that when they arrive in Thailand. If you ship "economy airmail", in most cases customs duties are not, I am told, charged. There is a risk of non delivery (theft from within the Thai postal system) which does not exist with Lazada and, unless you are able to buy an item with an international warranty offered, you may not have any warranty that can be used here if you have a problem. No warranty may also be a problem with Lazada purchases from outside Thailand. But, Amazon and ebay certainly do provide an alternative to Lazada, especially is time is not of the essence.

I ended up ordering the 2 tablets to replace the cancelled Lazada order from Amazon, so, as angry as I am about what Lazada did (actually, did not do) and their attitude and response to my problem, I may actually keep the 2 tablet cases when they arrive. They are intended as Christmas presents for my kids, so time is not an issue.

you have to realize that you actually do not buy from LAZADA, but from a completely anonymous company that sells its stuff on the lazada website. lazada itself has obviously entirely stopped selling stuff under their own name.

so it is like a lottery game, and you will never know from which sources the items you bought came from.

unfortunately, BIG C's cdiscount online store which was great until a few months ago has gone downhill too - there must have been a change in mgmt

Your post, while perhaps sincere, is totally inaccurate. Every "ad" for a product has a notation

Sold & Fulfilled by

[Superiphone]

* * * [maximum 5*s]

100% Buyer Protection

The above is taken from an ad for an iPhone 5s currently on Lazada. The "***" are a rating of the seller by customers who choose to evaluate the seller and/or the product. You can get more information on the seller by clicking on the seller's name. The seller is not "completely anonymous". And you will know in each case, assuming that you look, who the seller is and "which sources the items you bought came from".

I have not checked many items or sellers, but there is an Imarflex - รุ่น EG-642 hotplate that is stated to be

Sold & Fulfilled by Lazada,

so, some items offered are in fact supplied/sold directly by Lazada.

The information is, in fact, provided. If you don't use the information provided, only you are to blame. Lazada can be criticized for many things, but a lack of information on who is selling the product (and when Lazada is the seller, which for some items they are) is not one. In fact, it works greatly in their favour to disclose the actual seller, so they can disavow any responsibility/liability if/when something goes wrong with the purchase.

Other buyers report that when the item arrives not as ordered or part of the order is missing or malfunctions/breaks soon after it is received, Lazada's response is "contact/talk to the seller". They could not do that it they represented themselves as the actual "seller". I had one item arrive in damaged (but working) condition, although the outside box was perfect, so the item (a toaster) was clearly packed that way by the manufacturer. Lazada was not the actual seller. Lazada told me to take pictures of the damaged item and send them to Lazada and send the damaged item back to their warehouse at my cost. They were unwilling or unable to arrange for a replacement/swap for a new item, which is what I asked for and what seemed to me to be the reasonable solution under the circumstances. Providing pictures via an e-mail to prove the damage would have been no problem, but their return/refund process was just too difficult/expensive for a B500 item, so I kept the item, as it is functional.

As for Big C on line, I have no comment as I have never purchased anything from them. Shopping in their brick and mortar stores is such a horrible experience, I cannot imaging expanding that to shopping with them on line, which takes, I think, some trust in the seller. There is a site iTrue Mart, which is an alternative to Lazada, but every time I have wanted anything from them it is never in stock. And their prices in most instances do not seem to be as good as Lazada.

Edited by Thailaw

LEGAL ISSUES!

No sub-supplier from abroad will sell to Lazada without cash upfront from the client, i.e you.

No sub-supplier from abroad will get into Thai legal issues.

Lazada would not fight in a US court.

Be realistic, put yourself into Lazada´s position, dont think you would act differently given the margins in mail order business

You would go bust in no time

Think with a business man´s hat before complaining

Your post, while perhaps sincere, is totally inaccurate. Every "ad" for a product has a notation

Sold & Fulfilled by

[Superiphone]

* * * [maximum 5*s]

100% Buyer Protection

The above is taken from an ad for an iPhone 5s currently on Lazada. The "***" are a rating of the seller by customers who choose to evaluate the seller and/or the product. You can get more information on the seller by clicking on the seller's name. The seller is not "completely anonymous". And you will know in each case, assuming that you look, who the seller is and "which sources the items you bought came from".

I have not checked many items or sellers, but there is an Imarflex - รุ่น EG-642 hotplate that is stated to be

Sold & Fulfilled by Lazada,

so, some items offered are in fact supplied/sold directly by Lazada.

The information is, in fact, provided. If you don't use the information provided, only you are to blame. Lazada can be criticized for many things, but a lack of information on who is selling the product (and when Lazada is the seller, which for some items they are) is not one. In fact, it works greatly in their favour to disclose the actual seller, so they can disavow any responsibility/liability if/when something goes wrong with the purchase.

Other buyers report that when the item arrives not as ordered or part of the order is missing or malfunctions/breaks soon after it is received, Lazada's response is "contact/talk to the seller". They could not do that it they represented themselves as the actual "seller". I had one item arrive in damaged (but working) condition, although the outside box was perfect, so the item (a toaster) was clearly packed that way by the manufacturer. Lazada was not the actual seller. Lazada told me to take pictures of the damaged item and send them to Lazada and send the damaged item back to their warehouse at my cost. They were unwilling or unable to arrange for a replacement/swap for a new item, which is what I asked for and what seemed to me to be the reasonable solution under the circumstances. Providing pictures via an e-mail to prove the damage would have been no problem, but their return/refund process was just too difficult/expensive for a B500 item, so I kept the item, as it is functional.

As for Big C on line, I have no comment as I have never purchased anything from them. Shopping in their brick and mortar stores is such a horrible experience, I cannot imaging expanding that to shopping with them on line, which takes, I think, some trust in the seller. There is a site iTrue Mart, which is an alternative to Lazada, but every time I have wanted anything from them it is never in stock. And their prices in most instances do not seem to be as good as Lazada.

I agree that some products are still "sold and fulfilled" by lazada, but it is clearly thinning out. I am usually searching for IT products, and unlike 12-18 months ago, I did not find a single Smart Phone for example, that is being "sold and fulfilled" by lazada.

Unfortunately (but with a purpose for sure), there is no search option that allows you to search for only products "sold and fulfilled by lazada".

You have ZERO chance to learn ANYTHING about the actual vendor - it could be your neighbours pet poodle as I said a few months ago on this board.

There are way too many red flags IMO, but of course everyone can make his/her own decision. If I buy from invadeit, I know who and where those guys are, and that it is a reutable business. good luck to everyone

LEGAL ISSUES!

No sub-supplier from abroad will sell to Lazada without cash upfront from the client, i.e you.

No sub-supplier from abroad will get into Thai legal issues.

Lazada would not fight in a US court.

Be realistic, put yourself into Lazada´s position, dont think you would act differently given the margins in mail order business

You would go bust in no time

Think with a business man´s hat before complaining

What an utter and complete nonsense post!!

I understand that no supplier wants to send an item long distance and incur shipping costs without assurances of being paid -- that is not a "legal issue", it is just common sense (something totally lacking in your post). If the seller abroad sold an item COD, he would be paid before the item was delivered, and if the purchaser refused to pay, the item would not be delivered and it would be sent back, and the seller would receive his item back. The purchaser has the right to return the item and have his purchase price refunded in any event. The only issue is who pays for the return shipping. In the COD case, either the seller or Lazada pays for the shipping to send the item back. In the prepay case, the purchaser pays for the return shipping, at least to the Lazada warehouse in Thailand.

It is probably the case that many more items are rejected on delivery in the COD case than are returned following delivery where the item has been paid in advance -- again, not a legal issue and no one ends up fighting in court, in the US or elsewhere -- and WHY would an intermediary seller based in Thailand and a seller from China (or anywhere outside the US) end up in a US court (or anywhere)? Pure nonsense! The pre-payment for an item indicates that the buyer is serious about the purchase and it is not just a "whim" that he will reconsider and reject the item when it arrives. Sellers sending items internationally want to ensure that the sale will be effected to the greatest extent possible, notwithstanding that a buyer may still return the item (at a cost to him) following its receipt. Imposing that cost on the buyer for returning the item is not unintentional and increases the comfort of the seller that it is "worth" sending the item and incurring those costs to do so.

I understand (better than you) why Lazada and its sellers outside Thailand (and probably some sellers inside Thailand) require payment in advance for items sent from outside Thailand. I did not "complain" about this requirement, but it does, as I noted, add additional risk to the purchase process if the seller does not perform as required. Lazada and its out-of-Thailand sellers are free to require payment in advance for items sent from abroad, and I am free to decide not to buy such items under these conditions. Easy.......

Does gentle THAILAW talk about Cash on delivery?

I understand that no supplier wants to send an item long distance and incur shipping costs without assurances of being paid -- that is not a "legal issue", it is just common sense (something totally lacking in your post). If the seller abroad sold an item COD, he would be paid before the item was delivered, and if the purchaser refused to pay, the item would not be delivered and it would be sent back, and the seller would receive his item back. The purchaser has the right to return the item and have his purchase price refunded in any event. The only issue is who pays for the return shipping. In the COD case, either the seller or Lazada pays for the shipping to send the item back. In the prepay case, the purchaser pays for the return shipping, at least to the Lazada warehouse in Thailand.

UNQUOTE OF A LONG UTTERANCE

post-64651-0-45815000-1445765277_thumb.p

Does gentle THAILAW talk about Cash on delivery?

UNQUOTE OF A LONG UTTERANCE

I have no idea what you are going on about, and I seriously doubt that you do either. The issue of "ships from abroad" and ""cash on delivery" not being available are two separate things, although I have never seen an item that was "shipped from abroad" where "cash on delivery" was available. There are sellers in Thailand that also do not accept cash on delivery for, I think, the reasons I stated, especially where the amount of the purchase is very small. Here is one for a watch (B157) from

Sold & Fulfilled by

I3C Shop

Standard Delivery: Free
Cash on delivery not available
Genuine Product
Secured Payments

There is no indication that the item ships from outside Thailand, but nonetheless "Cash on delivery is not available". And, I think I understand why. At that price (B157), including delivery, a seller just cannot accept the risk of refused delivery, even if located within Thailand.

I try to be "polite" in my posts, but also accurate, and call "a spade, a spade". Your posts have been absolute nonsense ("legal issues" in all caps!), and I said so. Sorry, if that offends you. If you want to avoid criticism, put more (at least some) thought into your posts before you send them. wai2.gif

Back on topic, I also like the Lazada "Counter Payment" option rather than COD. With counter payment, you print out a receipt and take it to a local 7/11 and pay. The delivery person can then leave the item with my building reception without me having to be there to pay a COD.

They also accept a bank debit/Visa card for online payment so I am able to use my Bangkok Bank card...not a credit card.

Once I had to make a dispute with Paypal for nondelivery...they than delivered.

Once I they sent a drum for printer which was already used. Sent it back and of course never received the refund or any meaningful communication after the first promise. Had to fill for refund with Paypal.

Never again.

I have noticed that far fewer items are sold directly by Lazada these days, I have ordered many items successfully in the past but lately I have had a few defective products requiring the hassle of sending back. Before anyone says it paying COD would not have helped as the problems only came to light during usage and I am sure the delivery will not wait for you to carry out a full operational test. In my mind they are turning into the large Chinese reseller who I no longer use - no names but you should know who I mean. Also watch out for the no warranty items as you will only get 7 days to return electrical products.

I have ordered a lot from Lazada. Most purchases had no problem. The biggest problem is returning items. I ordered a video card which when received the seal had been broken. The card did not work and the CD that came with the card was scratched. . I returned it to Lazada as soon as their system would issue a return order. The refund took over a month. They sent it back to the supplier and waited for him to OK the refund. I won't buy anything expensive from Lazada again but will buy the smaller items.