Border run

Hi guys,

Tomorrow I have to do a border run to activate another 90 days on my non immigrant O visa. I will drive from Banglamung to Chantaburi. I know there are 2 border crossings. Which one do you recommend. I went there years ago, I remember the border crossing not developed yet ( Pom Nam Ron? ). Probably a lot has changed by now.

How much is the visa fee for Cambodia? Any tea money for the officers if go straight back to Thailand. Any annoying touts there?

Thanks.

I use the first one you come to, there is a small shop/counter just after leaving Thai immigration, they will do everything for you for a fee, no need to walk across the border, used to be 1400 baht, but i went to Burma last time,

the last time i went to Ban packard wa sat the end of 2013 it was 1400 baht then , but i think the visa has increased since then, from Chantaburi, you drive towards pon nam ron and turn right follow the signs for 'border crossing' map here =

https://goo.gl/maps/pXB6gsF5Wnk

Edited by steve187

Just got back from a border hop at Ban Laem via Sawasdee visa run company. The boss was at the border to lend a hand & give out advice. The number of Filipinos he had to inform that they'd used up their 90 day quota of exemptions was breathtaking. I believe they were given 7 days on re-entry which is not a lot of value for the trip.

Also, the cost of the Cambodian visa was 1400B for me (UK national). The company charges 900B per person for the trip.

• Like 1

Just got back from a border hop at Ban Laem via Sawasdee visa run company. The boss was at the border to lend a hand & give out advice. The number of Filipinos he had to inform that they'd used up their 90 day quota of exemptions was breathtaking. I believe they were given 7 days on re-entry which is not a lot of value for the trip.

Also, the cost of the Cambodian visa was 1400B for me (UK national). The company charges 900B per person for the trip.

I wonder what the Filipinos will do after only receiving a 7 day stamp? If this continues to be enforced there will be thousands of ASEAN nationals either overstaying or returning home.

What visa run company was this?

The OP mention Sawasdee, which is www.thaivisaservice.com. The amount the OP mention is not correct.

However today we had three Filipinos which were over their 90day limit for visa exempt for this year.

These three Fiipinos were given a 7day stamp and have been advised to go to Laos to apply for a new visa.

I wonder what the Filipinos will do after only receiving a 7 day stamp? If this continues to be enforced there will be thousands of ASEAN nationals either overstaying or returning home.

They will have to travel to Laos to apply for new Visa.

They will have to travel to Laos to apply for new Visa.

Yes, in theory. But they won't be able to do that every month. Obviously many will be working here illegally like thousands of other ASEAN nationals; my guess is that if the choice is going home or staying illegally, most will choose the latter.

They will have to go to Laos for a double entry, if they don't have too many back-to-backs, but who knows if that option will still be available in a few week's time?