Atypical Lab Tests in Chiang Mai

JeremyHendon

Which hospital or labs in Chiang Mai are most likely to have the ability to run slightly more advanced lab tests?

In particular, I need to test my reverse T3 and Thyroid antibodies. I see a lot of labs and hospitals that will test FT3, FT4, TSH, etc., but I can't tell if they can also all test for what I'm looking for.

(Ideally, I'd also like to run a full salivary cortisol panel, but I imagine that might not be possible here, unless anyone also has experience with this - in Chiang Mai or even Bangkok?)

Thanks!

Wow...that's the least helpful and most tangential reply I've maybe ever seen...lol.

Don't worry - I know plenty about thyroid, adrenal, and other hormonal issues. I'm just wondering which places might be the most likely to offer the tests I'm looking for. I know I can go visit to find out, but I'm hoping someone here will have a bit of insight to increase my chances of not having to visit multiple places.

Edited by JeremyHendon

This may also be unhelpful advice, so sorry in advance...

There used to be a dedicated blood lab right in front of TOPS Chotana below the Mercure Hotel on Chang Phuak. They listed specifically T3/4, FT3/4, & TSH as options on their leaflet.

The problem is, they've gone (as of a week ago!) - but probably just moved, as the rent in that compound tends to be high (Fitness Thailand and Rimping both got forced out by high rents years ago). The phone number I have is 089-7009318. Chiangmai Clinical Laboratory.

If you do find them and get what you want, can you post it? (edit: "post it" meaning - that the lab worked for you, not your results, obviously. I was hoping to get a detailed blood test done myself as a health checkup, but delayed too long).

Again, sorry if this is sort of half-assed advice. Good luck.

Edited by JohnLocke

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks I will contact those 2 see if their price beats Cm mediclinic, I got this reply the other day.

Thank you for contacting CM Mediclinic.

The cost of the requested tests are as follows

TSH , 350 baht.

Free T4 , 250 baht.

Free T3, 420 baht.

Sent from my Be Touch 2 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...