Which night markets remain?

SunLover2

With so many night markets going away (On Nut most recently) which are the best that are remaining? Just looking for trinket shopping with no particular items in mind. Close to a BTS/MRT station would be preferred. I still miss the Lumpini night market which is of course long gone.

SL

Was On Nut really a night market? I live close by but never went at night - it seemed to me to be more of a beer garden, late night food stalls area. Sorry to see it go though.

Whatever, my local Bangchak market too is scheduled to go under the wrecking-ball soon, for yet another condo along the BTS route.

Historically, the wax and wane of such factors as the economy and law and order has served to keep cities affordable to the broad masses, as people migrated into and out of cities. I'm not sure if that holds true any more. Bangkok may in time cease to be a uniquely Thai city and go the way of San Francisco, New York, London, in becoming unaffordable to live in for those providing essential services. Certainly, if the Phrom Phong or Siam areas are any indication, the signs are that eventually all of Rama 1 and lower Sukhumvit will become one long Prada ghetto.

The most popular night market is the famous Talat Rot Fai which was relocated to behind Seacon Square, Srinakarin Road. They moved all the original buildings also. It has cheap clothes, shops, restaurants, food stalls, pubs, antiques and classic cars (mainly American). It is open from 17.00hrs from Thursdays to Sunday. There is a shuttle bus from Onuch rd (BTS Onnuch) to Seacon Square

The most popular night market is the famous Talat Rot Fai which was relocated to behind Seacon Square, Srinakarin Road. They moved all the original buildings also. It has cheap clothes, shops, restaurants, food stalls, pubs, antiques and classic cars (mainly American). It is open from 17.00hrs from Thursdays to Sunday. There is a shuttle bus from Onuch rd (BTS Onnuch) to Seacon Square

That market is pretty good , we drove there from Soi 71 and it took forever 1because of Friday night traffic ,

Who runs the shuttle bus ? when does it start and does it take you back to the BTS ?

A relatively new night market opened a couple of months ago in Ratchada. Access via Thailand Cultural Center MRT, Chinese Embassy exit. (Coming from Asoke MRT, it is the third stop after Fortune/Rama 9.)

Out onto the footpath/pavement, short walk to Esplanade (about 50 metres) and the night market is in Esplanade rear car-park.

Market is open most nights, has clothes, trinkets, usual junk, food, bars and bl@@dy loud music smile.png