Immigration crackdown: Thousands of foreigners charged for illegally entering Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

Was it just dark inside or were there no farangs amongst the detainees?

It was in Thai news yesterday morning - I looked up after the missus cried "farangs" - it seems they were racially grouped, as I saw a huge bank of white guys looking thoroughly pissed off.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They combed at least some of the bars in Chiang Mai and people were asked for ID. The seemed to be able to check on the spot if visas were OK. The bars in the sois off Moon Muang were visited. All very gentle and polite.

firstly i do not live in pattaya ,but i have been a few times ,and not everyone there is a drunk or a sex tourist ,bank robber etc. so why keep harping on about it ,does it make up for the fact your skint and living in the boonies with the love of your life who you met in a bank or charity diner at the dusit

what a load of crap , let he who is innocent throw the first stone ,nearly every one who posts on thai visa is married to a hi so well there's not a chance a so called hi so would be marrying a farang ,

I wouldn't say that every one is married or even married to a Hi so that contributes on TV, however I've got ta duck out and take the kids to private collage school in the Pink Bentley , bye.cheesy.gif
A pink Bentley - what impeccable Hi So taste sir!

................"however I've got ta duck out and take the kids to private collage school"...................

I hope for his sake he did not attend the same "private collage school" because if he did he was ripped off. whistling.gif

Hey can we be mates but I only own a CBR 1000 and a 90 sq palacial condo

firstly i do not live in pattaya ,but i have been a few times ,and not everyone there is a drunk or a sex tourist ,bank robber etc. so why keep harping on about it ,does it make up for the fact your skint and living in the boonies with the love of your life who you met in a bank or charity diner at the dusit

what a load of crap , let he who is innocent throw the first stone ,nearly every one who posts on thai visa is married to a hi so well there's not a chance a so called hi so would be marrying a farang ,

I wouldn't say that every one is married or even married to a Hi so that contributes on TV, however I've got ta duck out and take the kids to private collage school in the Pink Bentley , bye.cheesy.gif
A pink Bentley - what impeccable Hi So taste sir!

................"however I've got ta duck out and take the kids to private collage school"...................

I hope for his sake he did not attend the same "private collage school" because if he did he was ripped off. whistling.gif

Hey can we be mates but I only own a CBR 1000 and a 90 sq palacial condo

Why is it Pattaya gets all the quality tourists !! whistling.gif

When you cater to people who need to pay for sex, you get a lot of tourist who need to pay for sex.

Maybe that is why???

Or may be because people with money go to fun places, instead of farms in the middle of the jungle

You mean sexpats and sexpests?

Of course not. Only pensioners with well educated girls 1/3 the age and half the weight

When you cater to people who need to pay for sex, you get a lot of tourist who need to pay for sex.

Maybe that is why???

Or may be because people with money go to fun places, instead of farms in the middle of the jungle

You mean sexpats and sexpests?

Of course not. Only pensioners with well educated girls 1/3 the age and half the weight

Half the weight?

Why should they have overweight girls?

I have never been a racist. But why are ALL the people in the picture Africans? What do they want in Thailand?

There is another pic in the BKK post where all are white.

Seems the police sorted them into colors or nationalities or continents...Maybe easier to organize this way.

Another desirable place to be, same sized population, but non porous borders as it's an island...estimate of illegals is half a million to four times that:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/601419/Britain-net-migration-figures-illegal-immigrants

9,000 is probably less than the number entering illegally in that same week.

In any case, yesterday'so illegal is tomorrow's free movement: think ASEAN.

Asean is not free movement. Asean will only be an FTA and Econimic Collaboration. The most it has is Visa Free travel amonst its member states for a limited period of stay.

Can you tell immigration to go to soi 5 to soi 13 on Sukhamvit Rd.. They will be able to find about 1,000 more illegals hanging around, including black female prostitute's.

I suspect that this is exactly where this monumental crackdown took place.

Can you tell immigration to go to soi 5 to soi 13 on Sukhamvit Rd.. They will be able to find about 1,000 more illegals hanging around, including black female prostitute's.

I'd be surprised if they didn't but then again TiT!

Any expats around Sukhumvit notice a reduction in the African population this week?

What's the word on that street?

Was it just dark inside or were there no farangs amongst the detainees?

It was in Thai news yesterday morning - I looked up after the missus cried "farangs" - it seems they were racially grouped, as I saw a huge bank of white guys looking thoroughly pissed off.

I thought 'farangs' meant ANY non-thai apart from asians, so what do the Thais call Africans then?

He seems to be heavily focused on cracking down on non Thai nationals / tourists with allot of stuff lately. But not doing much about the problems from within the country. How about creating more job opportunities, helping farmers, educating drivers, education and health incentives, the list goes on..

Exactly...talk about misplaced priorities.....as usual.

Usually what happens, is the other countries start cracking down on Thai nationals who travel to those other countries making it difficult for any Thai to enter or stay in those countries effected by the crack down on foreign nationals in Thailand .....as often enough it is a tit for tat type of knee jerk reaction.

Meantime many foolish people here on TV.com either applaud and or support the new order military government........

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

Why is it Pattaya gets all the quality tourists !! whistling.gif

Maybe that is why???

Hahaha, funniest comment I read since some time.

I suspect that this is exactly where this monumental crackdown took place.

I hope they welase Woderick! He's innocent.

I have never been a racist. But why are ALL the people in the picture Africans? What do they want in Thailand?

Same thing a lot of the whiteys want cheap women

it's not generally a good idea to say: "I'm not racist, but..." moving on from that, they want to scam whitey so they can afford the cheap women, or failing that, pimp their own women to whitey so they can 'top-up' with cheap local poon. I'm referring to the Sukhumvit loiterers, not bona-fide visitors of African descent/origin.

This is terrible treatment of people. If you detained 9000 people in western countries on *suspicion* of overstaying but without proof it would be condemned by everyone. They also targeted the Africans, I don't see any farangs or Asians in that group. It's funny how Thailand can do what they want. Meanwhile in Europe hundreds of thousands of Muslim refugees keep coming in without identity checks and anyone raising a finger of caution gets labeled a racist.

Africans what a suprise

Probably wanted on murder charges back home

Oh great work boys you just cured the NANA drug trade

Really good to see

It is good to see, but the drug trade will now resume its local flavour, that shit is NEVER going away, it's never going away in Nana or anywhere, it's past time for a rethink on global responses to it.

On a slight tangent, anyone pigshit dumb enough to 'deal' in Thailand who is not a Thai, is going down anyway, it's only a matter of time...