Breaking house lease due to night club

OP - have you given 1111 a call? I'm interested to see if they can help or not.

blackcab, these guys are dreamers ..... call 1111 and get all your troubles solved mr farang !!

also, the OP is adamant that the landlord should have told him about the noise.

he's gotta be joking !! I can't believe some farangs thinking ....... completely illogical , this is thailand ....

not downtown London ......... whistling.gif

I wish he OP good luck , but I won't hold my breath.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blackcab, these guys are dreamers ..... call 1111 and get all your troubles solved mr farang !!

he's gotta be joking !! I can't believe some farangs thinking ....... completely illogical , this is thailand ....

Bahahaha, sounds to me like it's about time for you to leave Thailand. You have nothing good to say about the country, why stay?

I also think it's funny you keep using the term farang as if you're not one yourself. Another guy thinking he's apart of the Thai culture until his bargirlfriend finishes emptying his bank.

Edited by l3fty

Not yet, I have to gather more information. Like, for instance, the name of the place. It's written in Thai so I have no idea what it's called. I'll probably call this weekend and see what they say.

Where are you renting? if you'd like to mention. And is it a home?

Golden rule,

Don't live within 2 kls of commercial areas, AND, large popular temples.

Good Luck

2 km? As I do?

Please do not underestimate temples and their PA systems.

Temples use PA system? or you referring to Mosques?

Naturally i would not know much as oppose to a expert like yourself, but i live near Temple and work near another Temple and yet to hear any sound or noise coming from either of them.

But no doubt you know morethumbsup.gif

Bahahaha, sounds to me like it's about time for you to leave Thailand. You have nothing good to say about the country, why stay?

I also think it's funny you keep using the term farang as if you're not one yourself. Another guy thinking he's apart of the Thai culture until his bargirlfriend finishes emptying his bank.

Do not let trolls get to you, they offer little to no help or useful advise ever.

He along with a few others, just like to talk out of their backside to wind up people, because in their sad little existence there is not much else to do, despite them claiming to be someone.

PS, I would not just walk away and "cut my losses" the ones saying that never had any money to start with.

First explore all the available options, including 1111. Just keep in mind it may take a few calls to achieve things, because with usual Thai attitude, club will stop and start again, or will try it on again to see if they can.

Having a Thai call would be "helpful" not only because of language but also to claim he/she cannot rest and must work every day.

In my case, when i called, i told them i could not rest and had to work, provided my WP number, then got a GF to say the exact thing, they she could not sleep but had to work and club was gone within a week,

I will pm you in a minute with some other useful infothumbsup.gif

I was in the business of building night clubs in

Sydney, i know your situation very well,, the

bass vibration is actually the same as an

earthquake tremor, it can travel for many

kilometers, i'll stop blabbering.

The solution,, raise your bed off the ground,,

eg; make no contact with the ground

imagine a hammock bed, problem solved.

Google, indoor hammock bed, images

and see the variety of beds available.

post-141778-0-66007900-1445978815_thumb.

post-141778-0-35536500-1445978848_thumb.

Golden rule,

Good Luck

2 km? As I do?

Naturally i would not know much as oppose to a expert like yourself, but i live near Temple and work near another Temple and yet to hear any sound or noise coming from either of them.

Amazing answer.

Have you ever been to Thailand?

Perhaps you live and work near those two temples for the deaf I read about? Or maybe yours are Trappist temples?

Other temples do indeed seem to make a great deal of noise on occasions. Most of them start just about the time that the illegal all-night karaoke bars are closing.

Golden rule,

Good Luck

2 km? As I do?

Amazing answer.

Have you ever been to Thailand?

Where is Thailand? do they speak Thai there?

Perhaps you live and work near those two temples for the deaf I read about? Or maybe yours are Trappist temples?

Other temples do indeed seem to make a great deal of noise on occasions. Most of them start just about the time that the illegal all-night karaoke bars are closing.

Please tell me times when Watchai uses PA system?

Also tell me times when Wat Taam uses PA System?

Same has happened to me twice. Both times after I have lived in the place for awhile. No one cares in government and chances are the place is owned by a police officer or someone with connections so hard to fight. I just moved and took a loss once and the other was just a move but no loss. I normally go to bed earlier than most so each day was a real pain. I understand why people really hate this country sometimes as things like this happen and there is no recourse.

Ahh man, sorry to hear that. The next place I'll rent I am for sure visting the place late at night. When you say cut your losses you mean just foreit the depoist and terminate the contract early? If so, how did the Landlord react to it? And for the second time, did the Landlord understand and just let you leave? I am thinking if worse comes to worse I'll try to make a deal where I'll stay until he can look for a new tenat to take over. Also, how did you handle the nights staying there?

Being open past 2am is a sure sign of the owner being connected someone. The even crazier thing is my area is filled with high status polical people from diffrent countries working in Thailand. How on earth could you have them stay next to a club bumping like this is beyond me.

It really makes me want to walk over to the place and stright cut the speaker cords, lol.

Mine really sucked as I had already been living in both places prior to the noise starting. It was same as you the boom boom of the subwoofers shaking my windows. No way to even put in ear plugs and avoid the noise. The one place I was not on a lease but the other I just left, owner didn't care and wouldn't even hear of return of deposit without finishing contract.

I basically stayed up later and waited for the music to stop and went to sleep. Sometimes out partying late and with enough beers could sleep. Not a way live your life. Stress not worth it and the money loss being not good but not an end to my world. TIT ....

Yeah, it might look like I'll have to start going to bed at 3:30. Maybe can change work times.

That won't be a solution to your problem as you will still have to put up with this noise until you go to bed. Life is too short for that. Your only option is to bite the bullet and move. This will mean losing your deposit. But if it makes you feel better there is a very good chance you would have lost this when you moved out anyway and no matter if you honor your lease agreement or not.

You don't have to make any special deal with the Landlord to stay until they find someone else as they won't even look. You are just giving them an excuse to collect one or two more months rent out of you. They are used to tenants breaking the lease. Just tell them the truth when you have found a new place to move into. You can pretend you expect to get your deposit back as in this way they won't bother you until after you have left. I moved enough times to know this.

Sadly Pattaya and Jomtien both have terrible noise pollution at nighttime. It is difficult to find a quiet place at night. Even if you are lucky and find a place like this, there is a chance that some bar will come along shortly and you are back to square one. This is what happened to me on my last move. There seems to be more bars popping up in areas reserved for residential, as I guess they must have ran out of space near the action areas, or the rent is too high their.

There was another time when I chose a place with an open field from my balcony and no music heard at nighttime. But again some Migrant Workers took over this field and soon it was as loud as a bar. But with the noise of hammering in the daytime to, from building all their housing. I even moved into a Gated Community once and the Bar Music got replaced with barking dogs all night long. For some reason noise does not seem to bother Thai People here so much.

I wouldn't bother trying to complain about it. I only know of one guy who had limited success with this, although there could be more. The police did come and visit them and for about a week they shut the music down earlier. But soon after that they were right back to where they were before. I guess it is difficult to enforce the Noise By-law when everyone is breaking it. They do a sweep every once in awhile, but as I said it never lasts long.

Have you talk to your landlord ?

I have move out many times here in Thailand before my contract was finish 2-3-6 month before.

And i all ways got my whole deposit back every single time. Not like back home in my home country.

So if i was you, i give it a try and talk to the landlord.

Kindly.

You, My Man, where extremely lucky!

I had a similar problem a few years ago (except no lease) club opened and was blasting out music till 4/5 am I phoned the owner of my

building and held the phone out of the window, thirty minutes later all quiet and stayed that way.

I've had trouble with excessive noise from temples and when looking for a place to rent I avoid being near temples. I got to say not all temples are equal when it comes to excessive noise, but some seem to hold regular fairs and they are real noisy events with vendors all playing loud music and shouting through cheap PA systems.

Once I was have an afternoon snooze and was rudely awakened by ridiculously loud chanting from a temple in the vicinity, so loud that I went to check it out. It was about 1K away from my home and when I saw the huge speaker system they had set up you'd think Led Zeppelin were playing there that evening.

I thought Fawlty Towers was in Torquay or something, but thanks for warning me to stay away from Watchai or Taam area.

I thought Fawlty Towers was in Torquay or something, but thanks for warning me to stay away from Watchai or Taam area.

And I thought trolling was out of fashion , clearly not in your case.

Just out of curiosity, do tell where is Taam area?

Not yet, I have to gather more information. Like, for instance, the name of the place. It's written in Thai so I have no idea what it's called. I'll probably call this weekend and see what they say.

OP - any update?

Came across this article thought it was quite ironic.

“The main factor that led to the incident was because of an entertainment establishment that opened later than the time prescribed by law, which made the tourist become drunk and senseless,” Wutthi said yesterday.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/11/03/cops-blame-alcohol-tourists-senseless-drunk-actions-her-rape

OP - any update?

I got the name of the Place and talking with a few Thai friends who have cop family to see what they suggest or say.