Disparity in upload/downloads in TOT Wifi

dageurreotype

I yesterday bought a notebook and duly popped along to TOT to 'upgrade' my land line for my PC to Wifi to of course support the thing. I'd attempted to upload a pic on What'sApp to a pal in the UK, and gave up. However, this morning I'd had a reply saying 'so slowwww' to download, and adding a couple of images of only 20KB apiece. After 20 minutes of attempting to download them, I gave up and sent an email to that effect via my PC.

I've noticed Wifi or no, attachments have become much slower to upload on my PC recently, but can at least up/down them within a minute or so. My question is, both my PC and notebook are using the same Wifi connection, so why the disparity in speed? Thanks.

Just posted this in another topic, but,

WiFi (Wireless Ethernet) and Internet are two separate functions and issues.

Many people end up solving the a weak WiFi connection by purchasing an additional WiFi Access Point with external antennas, as they offer a better ability to send and receive WiFi signals through brick/cement walls (disable the built-in router WiFi and plug the new external into the LAN port).

Another alternatives would be deploy either a stand-alone WiFi extender (that re-transmits a signal to cover additional distance) or a 'PowerLine' WiFi extender pair (that uses home electrical wiring to provide a data bridge to a second WiFi Access Point) that you can deploy anywhere your electrical goes.

Just saying, the two issues, Internet and WiFi, shouldn't be confused. WiFi isn't an ISP issue (although many people try to make it one).

dageurreotype,

what happens if you plug your PC or Notebook directly into your Modem/Router via Ethernet cable, and what happens when the Notebook is sitting next to your WiFi Access Point and connected only using WiFi, does the issue improve.

Trying to determine if this is a WiFi issue, or an Internet issue.