Travel London > Bangkok EVA air.

tgeezer

From my last annual trip out I have discovered something interesting.

Because I booked four months in advance, a change to the return booking costs £100. The charge for someone booking the same trip outbound today and changing his return would be £25. There is no fare difference between the two bookings.

This may be a change of conditions made after I made my booking but since it is arbitrary, in that it is not related to costs incurred by the airline the £25 charge should apply to all passengers equally once it has been instigated.

It might be interesting to hear of other anomalies in airline's policies.

Now is your chance to have a good moan

Nothing variable except an actual booking in June compared with a booking enquiry today, both through their website. I have just written to them suggesting that unless they pay employees on a piece time basis or pay for computer time by the minute the costs are zero, but in any event it should be the same for all passengers.

Nothing variable except an actual booking in June compared with a booking enquiry today, both through their website. I have just written to them suggesting that unless they pay employees on a piece time basis or pay for computer time by the minute the costs are zero, but in any event it should be the same for all passengers.

If the bookings are in different codes then there will be different penalties....if its the same code then just bizarre.

Smokie, don't you think it bizarre that they charge at all? A service is a service, bad enough that they sell the same seat on the same aeroplane at various prices, but to extend this to changing a booking is ridiculous. I expect it from spivs but this is a company which claims to have ethics.

Because I booked four months in advance, a change to the return booking costs £100. The charge for someone booking the same trip outbound today and changing his return would be £25. There is no fare difference between the two bookings.

This may be a change of conditions made after I made my booking but since it is arbitrary, in that it is not related to costs incurred by the airline the £25 charge should apply to all passengers equally once it has been instigated.

It doesn't matter about what class seat you have but its about the type of fare you've purchased. Maybe that's what you meant actually!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokie, don't you think it bizarre that they charge at all? A service is a service, bad enough that they sell the same seat on the same aeroplane at various prices, but to extend this to changing a booking is ridiculous. I expect it from spivs but this is a company which claims to have ethics.

Don't fly much or follow the airline industry much, huh? Standard practice across the entire airline industry for - oh - twenty years or so.

It used to be free to change a flight, or a little money - but high fuel costs put paid to that.

Now you do have to pay a lot, and many cheap tickets have stringent requirements. But ticket prices have not really gone up in the last 5 years, so the airlines have to get income back some way.

If you buy an expensive ticket, you won't pay to change.

​​

That's always possible but how does one get a more expensive ticket? Only one price was offered, the cheapest. Last year I booked a flight a month earlier than I wanted, when I realized the mistake a few weeks after missing the flight, they just accepted a new booking, I thought that it would entail loss of the ticket. That was in London so perhaps if I deal with them I may get a response. I am complaining to Taiwan at the moment, no response except acknowledgement of receipt. I dont think that they will say 'tough' but they may.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I don't think you can argue that the price charged should either apply to a cost model or apply to all passengers once a change has been made. Case dismissed.

Archived