Going from Don Muang to Pattaya options?

flyDelight

The idea is to go with Nok Air from Khon Kaen to Don Muang, from there to Pattaya. Is it from DM as simple/usual as from Swampie to just hop on a taxi or bus, and what rates to expect anyone here who done this route? Actually I have no clear idea of the distance between Don Muang and Swampie so it's hard to estimate. Thanks for reading!

Based on my experience if I was you I would pay a bit extra and go thai smile to swampy mate I have done Don muang twice and twice from both pattaya and the return to Pattaya was a bloody nightmare plus on both occasions there was a good 45min delay from DM. Thai smile straight to swampy for me from now on used this route 10 times now never delayed more than 5 mins. Plus so much easier on arrival at swampy to get to Pattaya

Two buses per day. Another proof how much easier it is from Suv. (BKK). Every hour to Jomtien, Bell bus every two hours.

One thing for sure: overall you won't save money by flying to DMK if Pattaya is your destination.

Costs time and money,

A couple of times I used the opposite direction (Pattaya to DMK).

Using the bus to BKK and then the free shuttle to DMK.

So no extra cost, just time (about 1 more hour).

But: you need to show a flight booking to use the free shuttle.

So it would not work for DMK -> BKK -> Pattaya.

Except someone knows a trick to get on the shuttle whistling.gif

There's 2 buses run from dmk to bkk regularly , number 554 and 555 if I remember correct. The bus stop is on the main road I front of the terminal , 35 baht and takes about 1 hour.

From bkk to pattaya/ jomtien aircon coach takes about 1 hour 45 mins and is 130 baht , I feel a lot safer and more relaxed on the coach than the mini buses

@ ehw200........Bell bus ONLY operates from Swampy at the moment......NOT Don muang.

From swampy ....book on line in advance 250b ----to your hotel door(after transferring to a minibus at North Pattaya bus terminal)

Edited by novo58

@ ehw200........Bell bus ONLY operates from Swampy at the moment......NOT Don muang.

From swampy ....book on line in advance 250b ----to your hotel door(after transferring to a minibus at North Pattaya bus terminal)

Post #4 states otherwise.

Don Muang to Swampie Free shuttle bus - Bell bus to Jointem beach bus station 122 baht A/C bus

Is there some reason as to why you are quoting my post? The point of this thread is to point out all the alternatives.

I think that it has been aforementioned that you need to show that you have a BKK flight booking to board the free shuttle.

"Actually I have no clear idea of the distance between Don Muang and Swampie so it's hard to estimate"

Ever heard of Google ? Marvellous site for all sort of info. Just a thought.

You haven't heard? TV Forum is the delayed, often inaccurate, snarky version of Google. Who needed instant and accurate anyway?

post-200208-0-06996400-1446040868_thumb.

Edited by csabo

It is about 36 km or more depending on the route taken.

Pretty much have to go through Bangkok so of course traffic is an issue.

Can skirt it slightly using 304 and Hwy 9 then onto the motorway.

Taxi would be easiest but I hear at some times the wait at DM can be long. Once sitting in the AC it would look better than using buses.

A taxi or ride to Moechit bus station, then the Rung Ruen bus is another option.

Edited by jacko45k

@

Jiu-Jitsu

My post states ..........................AT THE MOMENT.

The bell travel website states they will start a limited service FROM 31stOct.

They have tried this service before -------but it has ceased after a short period of time.

Really wish people would READ posts AND ANY LINKS .................before making comments.

Actually ...just checked the BELL website ........................swampy to Pattaya ....230b ( to your hotel door) if booked on-line in advance ( 250 if bought at airport )

Bus every 2 hrs

Bell service Don Mueng to Pattaya ( FROM 31ST OCT) ................ONLY 2 buses per day ------400b

Edited by novo58

Try to arrive DM before 6:30am, 11:00am to 3:00pm or after 8pm. That should avoid a frustrating traffic jam as you:

bus it to Mochit BTS (for BTS ride to Ekamai Eastern bus terminal, getting off at BTS Ekamai for half hourly cheap buses)

bus it to Mochit bus terminal for direct buses to Pattaya as per thread above. Not much between this and the previous option but BTS is reliably quick to get you to the eastern side of BKK

van it to Victory for Muzarella cheap van+van option; vans are less likely to be accident-prone on an essentially all-freeway ride but can be very cramped and big luggage could be tricky

I can't see any advantage in trying to get to Swampy for the admittedly good range of options there unless you want the Bell bus service for its convenience on arrival in Patts. If you insist, then pay for the inter-airport bus (a friend told me you need a ticket to fly at both airports for a free ride on the shuttle)

I thought Kan Air had started a KK to Uttapao flight service already? That would be way the most convenient and comfortable and possibly not that much more expensive