Where is Nakonchi air Bus Terminal in Pattaya....?

Cirencester

For the life of me I couldn't find it yesterday !!

Rather than saying where I thought it was, would be grateful if anyone had straight forward directions. I dont have google maps or smartphones !!

Now if I'm traveling up Central Pattaya Rd heading to the junction of Sukumwit Rd where am I going from that point please....?? Appreciate the help

Really? Last time I cycled along Sukhumvit and looked (which may have been two or three years ago) it was on the opposite side of Sukhumvit, more or less directly opposite the red marker on that OpenStreetMap as it's displaying in my browser.

Your OpenStreetMap, where the red marker is, seems to show two bus stations. And I'd say the bus station the OP wants is the one on the east side of Sukhumvit. Furthest away from the red marker (as displaying in my browser).

But my info maybe out of date.

Really? Last time I cycled along Sukhumvit and looked (which may have been two or three years ago) it was on the opposite side of Sukhumvit, more or less directly opposite the red marker on that OpenStreetMap as it's displaying in my browser.

Your OpenStreetMap, where the red marker is, seems to show two bus stations. And I'd say the bus station the OP wants is the one on the east side of Sukhumvit. Furthest away from the red marker (as displaying in my browser).

Correct, Nakhonchai Air is on the east side of Suk.

Correct, Nakhonchai Air is on the east side of Suk.

Bear with me but by East you're talking about the "darkside" of Suk....?? Cross the Highway ??

Went looking for it last week. There are now 2 bus stations directly across from each other. This maybe because of problems with the tunnel construction. We had to go back across Suk to the one on the west side, next to King Power, for a tic to Pak Chong. Going down Klang turn right, south, for that one. There is a pedestrian over pass a bit north of Klang should you need to get the the other one.

Went looking for it last week. There are now 2 bus stations directly across from each other. This maybe because of problems with the tunnel construction. We had to go back across Suk to the one on the west side, next to King Power, for a tic to Pak Chong. Going down Klang turn right, south, for that one. There is a pedestrian over pass a bit north of Klang should you need to get the the other one.

Ok well I need the one that services Yasathon/Ubon.....So I need to get over the bridge turn right walking South and its on left hand side ??

Apologies I really dont know Pattaya well at all

It doesnt actually have to be NCA but someone highly recommended them.

Post #5 shows the station of Nakhonchai Air (NCA) on the east side of Sukhumvit.

http://www.nca.co.th/

The sign on top of the station clearly shows their company name.

post-99794-0-48479000-1446009066_thumb.j

"Wrong" one:

The station accross on the west side (towards central Pattaya) is another "Nakhonchai" bus company (Nakhonchai Khonsong).

For those who can read Thai, you can compare the street view with the picture below from their website:

http://www.nakhonchai.net/

Street view:

https://goo.gl/maps/btoSKEtN79B2

From this station misc. destinations in Isan are served. "Mine" among them tongue.png , but I used it only once. Creepingly slow/long trip.

Its possible they "host" other buses than the one to Loei.

Lots of destinations on the white on blue signs.

nck_ad.jpg

The station is not so "new". It exists for many years.

Edited by KhunBENQ

My error, I missed the "air" part.

Ok well I need the one that services Yasathon/Ubon.....So I need to get over the bridge turn right walking South and its on left hand side ??

Apologies I really dont know Pattaya well at all

It doesnt actually have to be NCA but someone highly recommended them.

Your directions are correct for getting from Pattayaklang by foot to the bus station on the east ("Darkside") of Sukhumvit. The one I photographed in 2007.

In my 2007 photo I can see in English on the front of the building that it advertises 'Ubon Ratchathani' but I don't see Yasothon.

I took the bus from the East side terminal in 2013. It is not a long walk from the top of Pattaya Klang. The hard part is when and where you decide to cross the road! If you want the safety of the overhead pedestrian walkway, you have to backtrack a little bit to the North to get to the walkway, cross Suk, then walk South again.