Ex-teacher charged with sedition for Thai protest support

webfact

Why do people keep talking about suppressing the reds shirts ever since the coup. When the reason the military took over was because of Shutdown Bangkok,the reds had nothing to do with the actions to Shutdown Bangkok. they were the victims not the aggressors.The group that did the Shutdown Bangkok were not red shirt affiliated as far as I know.

They were the ones doing the bombings and killings. I could give loads of links proving that. Everyone knows that shame that you act ignorant.

You and others are in complete denial of this, but Suthep and his minions were definitely using violence. Shame on you for acting ignorant of this. They used violence to provoke violence and provide an excuse for the coup. The few idiots who fell for this ploy probably had redshirt sympathies, but there is no evidence that violence was organized by the PTP, the UDD, or any organization other than Suthep's.

Edited by heybruce

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do people keep talking about suppressing the reds shirts ever since the coup. When the reason the military took over was because of Shutdown Bangkok,the reds had nothing to do with the actions to Shutdown Bangkok. they were the victims not the aggressors.The group that did the Shutdown Bangkok were not red shirt affiliated as far as I know.

They were the ones doing the bombings and killings. I could give loads of links proving that. Everyone knows that shame that you act ignorant.
Wasn't this all well orchestrated by a failed monk and certain other parties?

No it was not.. just read into the trad killings where grenades were thrown into a crowd of anti government protesters after that automatic fire was shot into the crowd 2 children died. When the people at a red-shirt meeting heard about this they all started to cheer. That was until Tida was smart enough to see how this exposed the red shirts true nature and the PR fallout and made it stop.

How does it go? None so blind as those that cannot see, or don't want to see!

Over the top, its good that the government suppresses the reds (dont want the killings and street protests back) but they should not overdo it. This is one of those cases where they go over the top.

Sorry but the last street protest was not the reds but your friends. By suppressing every ones views (except their own) and freedoms you are only adding presure to the powder keg and its about to blow. So if you don't like protests you are in the wrong place as its on its way. This is just one of hundreds of cases where the human right of people have been trampled on. Do you support military courts ? Do you support internet control ? Do you support people that threatened the press when they wanted to know where their wealth came from ? Do you support a government that said it will reconcile the Thai people but which is dividing the nation more and more ? Do you support a government that said it will reform the country, but have put their friends into top positions and called it reform ? Do you support a government that said they are in love with the Chinese ? Do you support a government that rules without any transparency ?

This is the sign of a scared regime, who is desperate to hold on to their power and control any way they can.

Being scared can turn into a deep seated fear, next is paranoia and then anything can happen.

I'm not saying it will happen here but it has happened elsewhere where certain types of regimes start believing they're losing control and will do whatever it takes to get it back.

NKK, these clowns are on a slippery slope that is getting steeper and steeper by the day. They have totally tanked the economy, there are no concrete "reforms", other than regulating lottery ticket prices, and they don't have a clue that the rest of the civilized world is laughing at them. The man in charge, in typical megalomaniac style, honestly believes he has all the answers, but turns to instant shit when anyone or anything shows him that he doesn't History will not remember him, and his cronies, well at all.

I thought you were smart and educated.. if you truly are you know you cant blame the current government for the economic problems. They are mostly based on the world economy and policies and neglect of the previous goverments as they never did anything about the fishing and left a huge debt with the rice program.

You are partly right however they haven't done enough and the leader is a PR disaster. YL was no PR disaster but a puppet. Thailand deserves better as both of them.

So let the people decide whether they want " a puppet or a PR disaster". I doubt that the puppet will threaten everyone with huge big guns.

Seditious old man – a real threat to Thailand!

Identified as being one of a group of people giving flowers and water to marchers lead by Pansak Srithep, whose son was killed by a sniper at Soi Rang Nam during the red-shirt protests in Bangkok in 2010.

Pansak is also facing sedition charges arising from his walk, as are the 14 students who were arrested in June for staging the peaceful anti-coup rally at Democracy Monument.

The reality of the junta's reconciliation, Prayut-style!

post-209291-0-93273900-1446025399_thumb.

When is a group not a group? Standing close to each other, but just watching others? Standing slightly further apart? How far apart until you are no longer labelled a group? Where are the boundaries, in terms of actions, talking, physical position?

Did the 77 year old man fall on the side if those boundaries that define him ad part if a group actively doing something illegal? I have no verified info myself. Just asking some questions.

This is the sign of a scared regime, who is desperate to hold on to their power and control any way they can.

Being scared can turn into a deep seated fear, next is paranoia and then anything can happen.

I'm not saying it will happen here but it has happened elsewhere where certain types of regimes start believing they're losing control and will do whatever it takes to get it back.

NKK, these clowns are on a slippery slope that is getting steeper and steeper by the day. They have totally tanked the economy, there are no concrete "reforms", other than regulating lottery ticket prices, and they don't have a clue that the rest of the civilized world is laughing at them. The man in charge, in typical megalomaniac style, honestly believes he has all the answers, but turns to instant shit when anyone or anything shows him that he doesn't History will not remember him, and his cronies, well at all.

I thought you were smart and educated.. if you truly are you know you cant blame the current government for the economic problems. They are mostly based on the world economy and policies and neglect of the previous goverments as they never did anything about the fishing and left a huge debt with the rice program.

You are partly right however they haven't done enough and the leader is a PR disaster. YL was no PR disaster but a puppet. Thailand deserves better as both of them.

In my opinion Thailand (and just about any other country) have the leaders they deserve. But why don't we let the voters decide? Oooops, forgot that Thais don't have any say in who should be running the country anymore!

Over the top, its good that the government suppresses the reds (dont want the killings and street protests back) but they should not overdo it. This is one of those cases where they go over the top.

no the government should be even handed in how they handle political protest by any groups and then the international community might believe them

As much division here on the forum as there is amongst the people. Y'all should know better. There is not a side worth supporting here. Red suck yellow suck.

Some of us arenot on a side . We just want to talk openly about things . when we try to talk about something others attack us as being color orientated when they are they color orientated ones. I get tired of the immature way some act here but am also a believer in free speech so tolerate it. And hope with time they will grow up and see their actions for what they are.

Most posters here have no political views just observers looking at what is going on and are being attacked by others who see need to attack open views.

Edited by lovelomsak

Seditious old man a real threat to Thailand!

Identified as being one of a group of people giving flowers and water to marchers lead by Pansak Srithep, whose son was killed by a sniper at Soi Rang Nam during the red-shirt protests in Bangkok in 2010.

Pansak is also facing sedition charges arising from his walk, as are the 14 students who were arrested in June for staging the peaceful anti-coup rally at Democracy Monument.

The reality of the junta's reconciliation, Prayut-style!

Correct and now they have shown there full hand of cards.... A man makes his own path and others are free to see

Hard to believe Mr. P that your junta government would sink so low as to arrest a 77 year old man for giving flower. That's a new low even for the junta.

It may be the part of the new road map to reconciliation...

Arrest everyone, jailed them, charge them...

Revolution is somehow similar to reconciliation :)

gave flowers to, and briefly walked with, one of four demonstrators who staged a peaceful protest in March against the use of military courts to try civilians.

[...]

Preecha was also charged with violating a law established by the junta banning political gatherings of more than five people

351.gif

Yes very hard to see what law was broken. Law says more than 5 protesters. In this instance there we were 4. So help me here what law was broken?

The scared rulers law.

"its good that the government suppresses the reds (dont want" democracy back.

Sorry Rob just using your post to ask a question.Please donot bother to reply.

Does anyone else here in the forum remember the redshirts bombng and killing during Shut Down Bangkok? I cannot remember any red shirts involved.. In my memory it was a group led by one man who is not red shirt.

Seems you've got selective memory - selected by bs.

Remember a bomb killing children and it's success being cheered and clapped at a red shirt rally, including members of PTP's government?

No thought not. Maybe it's amnesia then.

Edited by Baerboxer

Don't worry, the reds are only ever interested in a Shin autocracy.

Thaksin thinks, PTP acts, the Shins get wealthier thumbsup.gif

"A 77-year-old retired schoolteacher in Thailand was stopped as he was leaving the country on vacation and arrested on sedition charges for giving flowers to an anti-military protester earlier this year, officials said Tuesday."

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Edited by Bluespunk

Sorry Rob just using your post to ask a question.Please donot bother to reply.

Does anyone else here in the forum remember the redshirts bombng and killing during Shut Down Bangkok? I cannot remember any red shirts involved.. In my memory it was a group led by one man who is not red shirt.

Seems you've got selective memory - selected by bs.

Remember a bomb killing children and it's success being cheered and clapped at a red shirt rally, including members of PTP's government?

No thought not. Maybe it's amnesia then.

Remember the Italian and the Japanese shot by the Thai Occupation Army? Remember the nurse shot by the Thai Occupation Army who sought shelter at a temple? Maybe it's amnesia again.

Don't worry, the reds are only ever interested in a Shin autocracy.

Thaksin thinks, PTP acts, the Shins get wealthier thumbsup.gif

"the Shins get wealthier". You have access to Shin back accounts then to back this up or are you just flapping lip?