Phuket police push forward with Patong Ace Condo charges

webfact

Phuket police push forward with Patong Ace Condo charges
Saroj Kueprasertkij

1445944584_1-org.jpg
Col Angkul Klaiklueng of the Royal Thai Police Consumer Protection Division said that he was delighted by the news.

PHUKET: -- Kathu Police Superintendent Col Chaiwat Ui-kam has confirmed that the case file for criminal charges against the developers of the Ace 1 Condominium project has been filed with the Public Prosecutor’s Office for further action.

“We sent all the evidence that we had collected during the past month to the Provincial Public Prosecutor’s Office yesterday (Oct 26),” Col Chaiwat told The Phuket News today (Oct 27).

A source at the Phuket Provincial Prosecutor’s Office today confirmed that Public Prosecutor Jessada Banditmongkolkul will supervise the case, which involves a slew of charges against the developer, The Nine Property (Patong) Co, including fraud, developing land without the required permits, failure to obtain a building permit, and contravention of the Consumer Protection Act. (See story here.)

“Mr Jessada will examine the evidence very closely and if he finds that all the evidence is appropriate, he can bring the case to court within two weeks,” the source, who declined to be named, said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-push-forward-with-patong-ace-condo-charges-54713.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-28

Hopefully someone does some serious time and the buyers/investors get most of there

money back. I will not hold my breath but I will continue to follow this story with interest. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
ah! damn! But thank you for this early response.

buyers have they taken counsel, they made a down payment?

Is that the lawyer was busy he has files or left a Thai buyer do all the legwork.

I think in Hua Hin, it is more than 3 years since this case began.

• 1 year later...

Good evening,

I restart the subject.
Can we know the result of this case? Thank you to those who have information.

This is not entirely irrelevant:
there was a "lawyer" section and apparently it was deleted.
The problem of Hua Hin still persists and the condo's attorney is to absent subscribers, except for the remunerations.
A big thank you to all.

On 28/10/2015 at 5:20 PM, LivinginKata said:

This case will take many many years

Well LiK it has already taken about 3 yrs (or 4?) to get this far despite the BIB knowing who the developers were!!

Will be interesting to see what happens................

23 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Nothing much ... feet dragging for ever

Very much on a related subject, I have just spoken to a Thai lady friend I know (ex-girlfriend of a friend of mine) and told her in no uncertain terms to get onto a lawyer to see about getting the money she has already paid into the stalled Nanai road Phanason "The Park" development back before it's too late (if not already).

The poor girl put down a deposit and paid monthly instalments on a small apartment, and when the development stalled the first time, they persuaded her to step up to a slightly larger apartment because they said they would be built sooner, and the poor girl not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, did so.

Now of course the thing has been stopped for some time and she stands to lose about 250,000 baht, something which she can not afford to do.

I do feel very sorry for the girl because she is a simple soul and very trusting and has been lied to by the sales people there, but there's not a lot that I can do although I did say I would help if I could, especially with the lawyer and what action could be taken.

I believe this one was a case of the building going ahead without the correct building permits and this mess really does need to be sorted out because I know of quite a few Thais who have invested in this place because they thought it would be something good for their future, but obviously not. Would love to know what is being done about it, but don't suppose we ever will.

I met a guy who bought into ACE. Youngish guy making good money offshore. He lost over 2 million Baht by paying the agreed monthly  advance fees .... until I told him that I did not think it would be built. He thought I was mad, but asked about and then stopped sending ACE money.