Perfect box iptv

Mooner

Ok if you say so.

Maybe time for you to learn something about how a pc works.

Tell ya what do a google search and learn a few things about boxes and media streaming. There are countless threads all over the internet and in the Kodi world about it. My box has only 2 GB of memory and only buffers when the stream is slow and thats with HD sources. All you have to do is learn the system and basics.

So, please enlighten us then why Ignis PC doesn't buffer while his android box does, on the very same source and very same internet connection.

An SD source has enough with a 2Mb downstream while 4 - 5 Mb is sufficient for HD or live sources.

I have a 10Mb connection and can run 2 boxes simultaneous on the same internet connection, playing 720P movies without buffering.

The main reason for buffering is that the system memory of Android is small, and that Kodi most of the time is overloaded, so the system memory can no longer handle all the decoding.

Clean out all the unnecessary addons and repositories and your buffering will disappear like snow for the sun.

I'm sure you know that system memory is part of the RAM.

I guess you didnt read the articles or my post. I have 2gb on my boxes and watch HD sources all the time without buffering. I also have a 10mb connection.

Do a little investigating and reading before you respond. You will learn something that can help you in the future. Im no expert but, I can read and learn from the experts. I read, learned and applied that knowledge to setting up my systems and optimizing them.

Looks like you are contradicting yourself, especially regarding the claim that you can read, because what is written in one of the links is what I am telling all the time.

Every time you search, Queue or watch content, Kodi generates a file and stores it within. That takes up memory and space thus making the video you watching start buffering. Click on both of them to clear files from your system.

By default Kodi will cache to RAM and for the most part this is great as RAM is designed for this sort of work and it’s very fast but there’s one big drawback and that is you’re limited to the amount of video footage you can cache. Using your RAM for the cache will only allow you to store a few minutes worth at a time so if the servers are slow the cache will quickly empty and then you’ll have to wait for the next part to download before playback will begin again.

Now before you start telling us that the advanced settings file does the trick, here is another one for you, FROM THE EXPERTS so start learning.

http://www.tvaddons.ag/buffering-tips/

Buffering: Causes, Myths and Solutions

Myths Debunked

Advanced Settings XML – generally speaking, modifying this file will not solve buffering issues and will likely cause more trouble than anything, such as device crashing because the custom buffer size is larger than the device can handle (Kodi already allocates 300% of the memory to the buffer size). It is only useful in the rare event that you see the “Cache Full: Cache filled before reaching required amount for continuous playback” notification.

Edited by TheCruncher

Look it obvious you dont want to open your cranium to learn. Look at both sources I provided and read what the first and top mentioned causes of buffering are....its the source of media first then followed by other internet related issues. Your cache/ram issue is way down on the list of items that effect buffering. Up to you to understand it all....

Anyone paying 6500b for a minix x8h plus is getting hosed….online price is 140usd ….cheaper with discounts….sometimes you can get up to 30% off.

You can instal the apps yourself form aptoide or google playstore or independent apks….just google …10 best movie apps for android….and off you go.

Similarly, download the latest version of Kodi, sign up with a good Kodi forum like TV Addons and you will figure it out in a couple of days. Just get add ons like genesis, icefilms, entertainment hub, ocw returns, yify streams, dexteriptv, israelive, and you got all your movie and most of your live tv needs met.

I would never buy pre-installed gear….the guys who sell them purchased their iptv or whatever from a wholesaler and when it all goes tits up unless you can re-adjust the settings, they won't be able to help you.

Regarding buffering issues, you can fix that by installing a customised advanced settings xml file that tweaks the cache/buffer settings….after that it all runs great.

Edited by JHolmesJr

Anyone paying 6500b for a minix x8h plus is getting hosed….online price is 140usd ….cheaper with discounts….sometimes you can get up to 30% off.

You can instal the apps yourself form aptoide or google playstore or independent apks….just google …10 best movie apps for android….and off you go.

Similarly, download the latest version of Kodi, sign up with a good Kodi forum like TV Addons and you will figure it out in a couple of days. Just get add ons like genesis, icefilms, entertainment hub, ocw returns, yify streams, dexteriptv, israelive, and you got all your movie and most of your live tv needs met.

I would never buy pre-installed gear….the guys who sell them purchased their iptv or whatever from a wholesaler and when it all goes tits up unless you can re-adjust the settings, they won't be able to help you.

Regarding buffering issues, you can fix that by installing a customised advanced settings xml file that tweaks the cache/buffer settings….after that it all runs great.

i bought a £20 mk808b tv box which did the job perfectly but im also happy i paid 6500 baht for a minix with apps I'd never heard of, i subsequently installed them on my tablet and mk808. For beginners buying a quality box for 6k with apps pre installed isnt bad at all. Kodi is not simple for most people with feeds coming and going daily.

im also happy i paid 6500 baht for a minix with apps I'd never heard of, i subsequently installed them on my tablet and mk808. For beginners buying a quality box for 6k with apps pre installed isnt bad at all. Kodi is not simple for most people with feeds coming and going daily.

Good for you….Kodi is easier to figure out than it looks….if one is retired and living in thailand you have all the time in the world to research it on various forums.

im also happy i paid 6500 baht for a minix with apps I'd never heard of, i subsequently installed them on my tablet and mk808. For beginners buying a quality box for 6k with apps pre installed isnt bad at all. Kodi is not simple for most people with feeds coming and going daily.

Good for you….Kodi is easier to figure out than it looks….if one is retired and living in thailand you have all the time in the world to research it on various forums.

I find kodi fine, although I prefer showbox for simplicity. I bet most retired farang find it too much hassle to work out, probably interferes with valuable mongering time.

Thanks for the links above, have added to Bookmarks..

Maybe something silly, but have no idea....

My main TV is Panasonic Plasma full HD so 1080.. same in bedroom

My PC monitor is Philip 32" but only 1360x768........ would that make a difference ?

likewise have no idea would a Graphics card make any difference ? PC I have a R9 so would be far better than my 15 yr old laptop or a box

Edit: watching the rerun of P1 of F1 on SkySports HD at this moment No buffeting + perfect picture

Edited by ignis

Look it obvious you dont want to open your cranium to learn. Look at both sources I provided and read what the first and top mentioned causes of buffering are....its the source of media first then followed by other internet related issues. Your cache/ram issue is way down on the list of items that effect buffering. Up to you to understand it all....

Stubbornness is really your favorite pastime isn't it?

Nobody said that the source and internet connection MAY be the major cause of buffering, and cache is indeed down the list of your cherry picked links, since not everything can be at the top of an article.

But I'm sure that, if i wanted to waste some time, I can find articles where the sequence of probable causes is listed upside down.

Now since you claim to be such am expert, please enlighten us, since you still have failed to answer that very simple question I asked you in post #29

If one has two different devices, both connecting to the very same source of media and using the very same internet connection.

One device has a frequent buffering issues while the other has never, will the cause of buffering most likely be the source of media or the internet?

Thanks for the links above, have added to Bookmarks..

Maybe something silly, but have no idea....

My main TV is Panasonic Plasma full HD so 1080.. same in bedroom

My PC monitor is Philip 32" but only 1360x768........ would that make a difference ?

likewise have no idea would a Graphics card make any difference ? PC I have a R9 so would be far better than my 15 yr old laptop or a box

Edit: watching the rerun of P1 of F1 on SkySports HD at this moment No buffeting + perfect picture

Sure the graphics card can play an issue, as it is part of the memory used to decode the stream, so a higher grade GPU will relieve the system memory.

I feel that buffering might be due to the device you're streaming on….not strength of internet connection per se….I have over 200Mbps and still get the buffering notification box in kodi….although since I loaded a special advanced settings xml file, it buffers in a flash. If any freezing should occur, it is most definitely happening at the source.

When i get buffering i just change source to a different feed, that seems to always fix it. I used to wait but now, ditch it move on.

Sometimes during peak internet use i switch to lower resolution from 720, this also helps. Something you can do easily on showbox. Not so easy Kodi

Edited by scubascuba3

There are things you can do that *might* stop or alleviate buffering:

http://androidpcreview.com/fix-kodi-buffering-problems-heres-how-to-modify-the-kodi-cache/2611/

The simplest way to try this out is to open Programs, Maintenance Tool, Tweaks and install Tuxens advanced XML with the click of a button.

You can always undo it with "Remove Advanced XML...".

You don't need to know how to edit XML files to do this, it's simpler than most people think.

Nobody said that the source and internet connection MAY be the major cause of buffering, and cache is indeed down the list of your cherry picked links, since not everything can be at the top of an article.

But I'm sure that, if i wanted to waste some time, I can find articles where the sequence of probable causes is listed upside down.

Now since you claim to be such am expert, please enlighten us, since you still have failed to answer that very simple question I asked you in post #29

If one has two different devices, both connecting to the very same source of media and using the very same internet connection.

One device has a frequent buffering issues while the other has never, will the cause of buffering most likely be the source of media or the internet?

Many issues come into play and as I said before most deal with the internet world not your hardware.

Start with your own setup first....

Are you on wifi or hardwired with LAN?

If wifi the location of your router and computer inside your house. Many issues come into play here also. Walls, windows, basic layout.

If wifi your wifi card and router is a big deal also. What kind if card/network support does it have? Is it compatible with your router. Is there an incompatibility ie bottleneck with your router. This list is long and detailed.

Then next of course your own internet connection which is another deep subject.

VPN or not? VPNs are another bottleneck in the chain. Not all VPN servers are same. Are you using a fast or slow one?

Now the source of where the media is in the world. Is it a good server or slow one? How about the server's connection? Good or bad? How many people are using it when you are?

What time of day are you accessing the media? What time is it where the server is located? Make a huge difference in streaming. If you are trying to use it when everybody else is it will be slower naturally. Its called traffic and its just like car traffic. Lots of traffic things move slow, less traffic it runs fast.

The media itself, is it HD, HQ, MQ, the bigger the file the slower the stream.

With Kodi all sources are very different. Some are fast some are slower. Simple solution is to learn which sources are the best and use them, not the slow ones.

For sure its not your video card. None of these small media boxes have separate video cards they have controllers on the mb. And these boxes can handle HD and some 4k video.

RAM, if you have 2gb you have plenty.

Here is one of the best boxes around. Check out the specs

http://minix.com.hk/products/neo-z64-windows#search

As far as the sources of the articles I posted one of them was from Kodi which is where all these developers collaborate and design this software. The sources are very reputable and from experts, not me.

If you want to bury your head in the sand like Thais and scoff all this information please go ahead. My systems dont buffer because Ive learned about all these issues and have taken measures to mitigate the buffering.

Hope this answers your question. If not then, I guess you should do a little more investigation.

Many issues come into play and as I said before most deal with the internet world not your hardware.

If wifi the location of your router and computer inside your house. Many issues come into play here also. Walls, windows, basic layout.

If wifi your wifi card and router is a big deal also. What kind if card/network support does it have? Is it compatible with your router. Is there an incompatibility ie bottleneck with your router. This list is long and detailed.

VPN or not? VPNs are another bottleneck in the chain. Not all VPN servers are same. Are you using a fast or slow one?

Now the source of where the media is in the world. Is it a good server or slow one? How about the server's connection? Good or bad? How many people are using it when you are?

What time of day are you accessing the media? What time is it where the server is located? Make a huge difference in streaming. If you are trying to use it when everybody else is it will be slower naturally. Its called traffic and its just like car traffic. Lots of traffic things move slow, less traffic it runs fast.

With Kodi all sources are very different. Some are fast some are slower. Simple solution is to learn which sources are the best and use them, not the slow ones.

For sure its not your video card. None of these small media boxes have separate video cards they have controllers on the mb. And these boxes can handle HD and some 4k video.

As far as the sources of the articles I posted one of them was from Kodi which is where all these developers collaborate and design this software. The sources are very reputable and from experts, not me.

If you want to bury your head in the sand like Thais and scoff all this information please go ahead. My systems dont buffer because Ive learned about all these issues and have taken measures to mitigate the buffering.

Hope this answers your question. If not then, I guess you should do a little more investigation.

You proof all over this forum that you have not the slightest idea what you're talking about, since you make a fool of yourself in each and every thread you enter.

You have just proven that you don't even know how to distinguish between Kodi developers website and websites that use the Kodi logo, because none of the links you provided in this thread are from the Kodi developers.

And don't get me going about VPN's, because you're making once again a fool of yourself in the VPN thread currently going on this forum.

Over and out, don't bother to respond because you won't get a reply from me anymore.

You proof all over this forum that you have not the slightest idea what you're talking about, since you make a fool of yourself in each and every thread you enter.

You have just proven that you don't even know how to distinguish between Kodi developers website and websites that use the Kodi logo, because none of the links you provided in this thread are from the Kodi developers.

And don't get me going about VPN's, because you're making once again a fool of yourself in the VPN thread currently going on this forum.

Over and out, don't bother to respond because you won't get a reply from me anymore.

Typical response from some TV people. Try to educate and help them, they find out they dont know as much as they think and then pout off. Good on ya buddy

To get back on topic…there are 2-3 ways to access iptv…the best one depends on your tastes and needs.

1. Get it on your PC/laptop….i hate watching anything on my laptop its only for work and internet…so thats out for me.

2. Dedicated IPTV box like Mag or AVOV….these usually work well but aside from iptv they are limited in function.

3. An android htpc box that connects to TV via hdmi….this is my favourite way….you can load up many apps on them….freestanding movie apps as well as Kodi which is the game changer ….. Kodi enables you to integrate your entire tv entertainment selection …. movies, tv shows, music, live tv etc….on one platform…without having to hop from place to place.

I recommend the third option.

To get back on topic…there are 2-3 ways to access iptv…the best one depends on your tastes and needs.

1. Get it on your PC/laptop….i hate watching anything on my laptop its only for work and internet…so thats out for me.

2. Dedicated IPTV box like Mag or AVOV….these usually work well but aside from iptv they are limited in function.

3. An android htpc box that connects to TV via hdmi….this is my favourite way….you can load up many apps on them….freestanding movie apps as well as Kodi which is the game changer ….. Kodi enables you to integrate your entire tv entertainment selection …. movies, tv shows, music, live tv etc….on one platform…without having to hop from place to place.

I recommend the third option.

Actually I have a MAG 254 setup for Stalker and 250 for a UK subscription.

They both have a "Media Browser" option that simply opens up my LAN, so I can play anything I've downloaded as well.

All works swimmingly, and means one remote.

And the AVOV runs Kodi, which can also access LAN content.

Actually I have a MAG 254 setup for Stalker and 250 for a UK subscription.

They both have a "Media Browser" option that simply opens up my LAN, so I can play anything I've downloaded as well.

All works swimmingly, and means one remote.

And the AVOV runs Kodi, which can also access LAN content.

cool…i have been doing some reading on the iptv forums lately and the gist I get is that while avov and mag can play media from the internet and host kodi, they are designed to be iptv boxes first and foremost….processor power and onboard RAM is not as much as, say, Minix x8h plus….however avov has got a new model out called Fuse which has better specs from what Ive read.

Just been informed TRUE will be upgrading lines in the area before Christmas........

'True Super speed Fiber' 30 Mbps @ 799 baht a month [signed the paper to say yes want].......... now will that make any difference to my IPTV ?? at present have 13 Mbps non fiber..

Just been informed TRUE will be upgrading lines in the area before Christmas........

'True Super speed Fiber' 30 Mbps @ 799 baht a month [signed the paper to say yes want].......... now will that make any difference to my IPTV ?? at present have 13 Mbps non fiber..

I doubt it will make any difference, since 5 Mbps is normally plenty for a Full HD stream.

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/how-much-bandwidth-do-you-need-streaming-video#EzwbKlZzUCFARUQr.97