Pattaya Baht Bus pickpockets arrested by-chance thanks to Norwegian victims

webfact

norway-32.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Late on Wednesday Night a Norwegian Couple reported the theft of a wallet whilst travelling on a Baht Bus and by-chance they encountered the suspects at Pattaya Police Station after they had been detained for acting suspiciously.

Mr. Karl Larsen and Mrs. Sandra Corbatta-Larsen made their way to Pattaya Police Station to report the theft of Mr. Larsen’s Wallet which contained 6,000 Baht, Bank Cards and other personal documents.

Before they arrived at the Station, a Police Patrol picked-up 2 men and 2 women on Pattaya Beach who were known to them for previous petty crimes. They were acting suspiciously and were detained for further investigation.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218808/pattaya-baht-bus-pickpocket-team-arrested-by-chance-thanks-to-norwegian-victims/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-10-30

which ones are the 2 men? seems impossible to tell.

The ones in uniform.

It is about time the baht bus drivers were given pictures of these types of repeat offenders........

The time I confronted a suspicious group, they managed to get off the baht bus and didn't pay.

Edited by jacko45k

tomorrow:

Pattaya Baht Bus pickpockets released thanks to Thai Police and Thai Justice System

and then:

...arrested again...

and then:

...released again...

catch and release fishing

The ones in uniform. Luv it!

It is about time the baht bus drivers were given pictures of these types of repeat offenders........

The time I confronted a suspicious group, they managed to get off the baht bus and didn't pay.

Interesting to see that the victims have been coached in the art of pointing . . . ha ha

So the Norwegians went on holiday to pattaya, got their wallets stolen and then even had to be photographed and put on public websites/newspapers?!

Sure they will come back to Thailand and bring their friends.....giggle.gifwhistling.gif

And why do we have to see soo many policemen on this pic? Don't they have jobs to do?

Edited by Thian

The ones in uniform.

There has been speculation that the baht bus drivers might be in on the scheme.

Great finger pointing by the Norwegians, especially the lady. But I wonder what fine the lowlifes will get. A 1,000 Baht fine wont hurt them at all as it seems one successful lift nets them 6k. If a group of 6 do this once a day they will earn the same as the typical English teachers slaving away to a classroom of 50 every day. Once the fine is paid then they're on the loose again to make up for lost earnings.

Can you be arrested in Thailand for 'acting suspicious' is that a crime, what next, walking about with an offensive wife?

No, but, as in any other country, you can be questioned by police officers as a result of suspicious behaviour which is what happened in this case. The result in this case justifies that right the police have to question those types.

Before Thailand can truly claim to be the hub of pointing it needs to encourage pointees to express a tad more enthusiasm. Position of the arm is not sufficient.

Sorry to be pedantic - but the "pointees" would be the ones who are pointed at. They are hardly likely to express enthusiasm.

The Norwegians are the "pointers" - and doing a very fine job of it in my opinion.

smile.png

The ones in uniform.

There has been speculation that the baht bus drivers might be in on the scheme.

Yes, quite likely. And they actually could be quite proactive in eliminating this type of crime.

They could call the police from the cab when suspicious passengers get on, or simply stop the baht bus and throw them off. They could create quite a network to basically stop them dead.

Edited by jacko45k

If it was me doing the finger pointing I would hide my face with sun glasses and caps to avoid ending up like a bad guy in Pattaya for the rest of my life.

Good on them......why should you need to be intimidated by trash who have done you wrong ?

Edited by DD13

Can you be arrested in Thailand for 'acting suspicious' is that a crime, what next, walking about with an offensive wife?

They were known petty criminals acting suspiciously...

If the police observed them acting suspiciously, then approached them and asked them to explain what they were doing, and they could not give a reasonable account of their actions then it would be reasonable of the police to arrest them pending further investigations.

A lot of people knock the police for not doing their job, here we have a good result even if only by chance...

One thing I would like to see is these petty criminals kicked out of town, may be something like what we in the UK call a Restraining Order which sets certain conditions on a person such as not going to certain places or contacting certain people, what should happen in Pattaya where a persistent offender who is not registered as living in Pattaya should be forbidden to enter Pattaya for say 5 years, if they are found in Pattaya then they should be sent to prison.

The ones in uniform.

Yes, they should just post these pictures on the back of each 'baht bus' with a warning,

"Cover your pockets if these people sit next to you!"