Nong Khai and retirement visa.

Not a problem to do the combination method as long as the total is 800k baht or more.

Not sure if Nong Khai will want it to be in the bank for 2 or 3 months or will go by the written rules that say it only needs to be in the bank on the date of application.

• Like 1

Not a problem to do the combination method as long as the total is 800k baht or more.

Not sure if Nong Khai will want it to be in the bank for 2 or 3 months or will go by the written rules that say it only needs to be in the bank on the date of application.

Move from tourist visa to retirement?

Asking for 18k donation it seems.

I'm no expert but seems that some of the NE areas don't like this part in bank and part income thing. Maybe it was just old news I remember.

On 62.5 which means not such a huge amount in a Thai bank as far as I can see.

Given Lao is not far away at all, would be better for him to go over there for it and save the 18k?

Edited by notmyself

The only office that can do a change from a tourist visa to a non immigrant visa for getting an extension based upon retirement is Bangkok.

He should get the income letter from his embassy put the money in the bank to reach the 800k baht total and go to Vientiane to get a single entry non-o visa. Then during the last 30 days of the 90 entry from the visa he can apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

• Like 1

The only office that can do a change from a tourist visa to a non immigrant visa for getting an extension based upon retirement is Bangkok.

He should get the income letter from his embassy put the money in the bank to reach the 800k baht total and go to Vientiane to get a single entry non-o visa. Then during the last 30 days of the 90 entry from the visa he can apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

I same the same. Go Lao for a few days and stay 100% legal all of the time. These shifty tea money visas can com back and bite you in the ass so why do it?

Putting the money in a bank could be an issue though as all the banks I have been to in the last year will not open an account for myself as I'm still on tourist visa. Back and ******* forward from banks to immigration and not a chance. I'm sitting there with 6k GBP around this time last year and no bugger wants it. Didn't want this amount of cash around me so sold half to a friend and blew the rest of hookers and beer. 6 weeks it took but I'm not a young man anymore.