Cat got hit by traffic.

Mosha

What's his body weight? My rough calculation would say 1 cup per 1 kg per day. You can mix the milk with Royal Canin Recovery too, amazing stuff for recovering cats/dogs. It's only available at vet clinics or pet shops with practicing vets though.

Dog enjoy sells goat milk, about 40 baht per can.

With cats I find they know the limit when it comes to food.

Just keep giving until he turns away.

Dog enjoy also occasionally gets "puppy" milk from Australia , 1 litter carton , which is also good for cats, about 125 baht . Suitable for cats also .

Milk powder is cheaper but goes off pretty fast and has less nutrition.

I believe for grown cat can also give human milk.

Try to leave it out and encourage cat to find a way to eat by himself , he should be able to figure out a way .

I would even put out cat buscuitd also , as cats chew it rather than lick it.

Sorry to rant, thought will cover all the basis :)

Hats off for helping , good on you. Only people with big heart willing to take on a disabled animal and provide the care.

Edited by konying

What's his body weight? My rough calculation would say 1 cup per 1 kg per day. You can mix the milk with Royal Canin Recovery too, amazing stuff for recovering cats/dogs. It's only available at vet clinics or pet shops with practicing vets though.

A lot of milk, I need to find some scale, step daughter buy/sells kee tang so I'll try there. I think I know where to get the other stuff, a 2 hour round trip though. Thanks for the info

Edited by Mosha

Dog enjoy also occasionally gets "puppy" milk from Australia , 1 litter carton , which is also good for cats, about 125 baht . Suitable for cats also .

Try to leave it out and encourage cat to find a way to eat by himself , he should be able to figure out a way .

Sorry to rant, thought will cover all the basis smile.png

Hats off for helping , good on you. Only people with big heart willing to take on a disabled animal and provide the care.

I think the concern is keeping his wound clean until it heals.

I think the concern is keeping his wound clean until it heals.

wai.gif

Then as i mentioned, cats do have limit when it comes to food, so i would keep giving, until he turns away

Again, good on you for helping.

You could probably do it with a larger syringe if you attach a small straw (the kind that comes with juice boxes and small milk cartons) onto it. That's the way I give my pets liquid medicines. You can get the straw much further into the mouth than is possible with a syringe and size of syringe you use won't matter so will be a little easier than the 3 cc one.

Poor little kitty. But at least s/he survived. Is it the one in your avatar?

Turn his head away? 555 We've to wrap in in a towel, he's too strong to handle, and he doesn't go wolverine with his claws, but he does try to push your hand away. Most loving cat we've had. It's a privilege to do what we do for him. Will try get a bigger syringe though. Less stressful I think.

He is absolutely beautiful, Mosha - can you post a larger pix? I can't tell if he is all white or not. Eyes look blue so if so he is a Khao Manee, a fabulous type of Siamese cat with an exalted heritage. Even if he has some cream color mixed in he clearly has Khao Manee blood.

There is a special kind of love that develops for injured or disabled pets (though hopefully yours, once healed, will not have significant disability). I took in one with a traumatically amputated paw, intending to find him another home once he was well. Long story short (and a trip to the US for reconstructive surgery), two years later he is still with me and I love him madly.

When he turned up he was pure white except for ears and tail. So I called him Snowy. 3 years later the white is more like snow that I've done a #1 on. I'll try get a new pic, but he's very hard to photograph. Too curious about the camera.

He likes our Burmese rubber tappers, and goes with them most nights. I just need him to learn how to do the tapping.

Edited by Mosha

They do seem to get a bit morose when they are injured and can't properly clean themselves. Jimmy went pink once because he lost a tooth and his gum bled. Also after a bastard either kicked him or run over him. Broken jaw and a squashed paw.

And they also get attached to you. They know in their tiny cat brains, that even though you are below them in the pecking order. They have to rely on you to make them better. And, much to their dismay they have to let you be the boss for once!!

One time, i remember, it was Summer time. He spent two weeks at the vets. Then had to be kept inside for a week. Someone had used him as a football and exploded his bladder. The hottest week of the year, windows closed. So he couldn't get out. Me sweating and cursing, him shaved from neck to ex-balls all stitched up. cost me a fortune in Swiss francs.

I would do it again tomorrow. The glee on his face when he could get out again, and do his cat things. He used to dance around, chasing flies.

Another way to give cats medicine is to mash it up in water and put it on their fur. That way when they wash themselves they also get the medicine. I hated using those syringes. Also, friends would raise eyebrows when they visited and saw all the syringes lying around on my coffee table!! And little packets of medicine!!

And cats are canny, they can see you from afar arriving with the dreaded syringe. Remember that cartoon, from years ago, "how to give your cat a pill"? Still funny.

Sheryl, i was actually wondering about the pawless one from a few years ago. So happy to hear he is all good.

His best mate is our dog. If another tom comes spoiling for a fight, He just sits there and waits for Liver to turn up. Anout 5 seconds after the noise starts.

I captioned this. "Say that again, i dare you". Liver looks to be laughing.

post-29019-0-69909900-1447070968_thumb.j

We need a pinned cat thread...where some of us can talk about cats in a 'safe' environment LOL.

Mention that you are a cat fan, and love my little angel Ying Noi....instantly open to ridicule and abuse.

Oh the horror of horrors, a manly man who loves cats; if only you ladies could appreciate our pain

• 6 months later...

I've pm'd Sheryl, after watching cats 101 which featured KM cats. I now believe what we have is a Birman. Burmese temple cats. It might explain our Mon rubber tappers attitude to him. They adore him.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk