Malaysia

blackmarlin

Pulau Ketam “Crab Island” is a small island located off the coast of Port Klang. The island is easily accessible from Kuala Lumpur, about 1hr 10min by train, then ferry from Port Klang jetty 30 minutes.

There are no roads, no cars or motorbikes; all the houses are built on stilts and access is by raised walkways above the swamp/mangroves. About 7000 people live there, mostly Chinese - the website says there are only about 50 Malaysians.

tumblr_m04xp4dQzt1rqeyxho2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m04y6yw7pO1rqeyxho4_1280.jpg

I like very much; beautifuls shots;

which camera do u use blackmarlin ?

You will not believe but this picture I made with an old Omnia HD (Nokia) that at the time (4-5 years ago) was the best existing smartphone for photography but the characteristics of which today would laugh a holder of any smartphone second choice.
Then I had a Samsung S3 and now possess a S5. They make great photos but also videos are fantastic!
I'm an old fan of photography and I had room for the development of black and white when I was a boy.
Now I find it more practical to work with a smartphone but obviously there are still some limitations compared to professional equipment.
But you can compensate with the ideas first and then with the use of retouching.
Anyway thank you very much! wai2.gif

This was my rented bike, I used to drive some 700 or so Kms around Sabah State, on my Rafflesia hunt! The box fell offfacepalm.gif

IMG_2616.JPG

after three days of driving finally .... I found an a few Rafflesias, too large a size to post sad.png But I will say that the Surratthani Province here, (provincial flower) Rafflesia is larger than the saw in Sabah!

Looks like I have to resize down most my Borneo Malaysia images facepalm.gif

But here's a few milking cows just to keep things going! tongue.png

Sabah%2525252520Borneo%2525252520%252525

This was my rented bike, I used to drive some 700 or so Kms around Sabah State, on my Rafflesia hunt! The box fell offfacepalm.gif

after three days of driving finally .... I found an a few Rafflesias, too large a size to post sad.png But I will say that the Surratthani Province here, (provincial flower) Rafflesia is larger than the saw in Sabah!

Looks like I have to resize down most my Borneo Malaysia images facepalm.gif

But here's a few milking cows just to keep things going! tongue.png

I thank you all because it will be more interesting this thread by posting your photos and your experiences. wai2.gif
The rafflesia is huge, (I believe it is the largest carnivorous plant in the world) I was lucky to see it blossomed because it is not easy. Here she is in three stages, small, blossomed and died:
post-186797-0-73591200-1446363935_thumb.
post-186797-0-83855500-1446363920_thumb.

Congratulations on the magnificent photography.

Had many enjoyable visits to Penang to attend the Annual Dragon Boat Races.

Many thanks for the photographs!

Thanks a lot! wink.png
Penang is beautiful, Georgetown also but I liked most Melaka, later I will publish the photos in this regard. smile.png

I just found a postable size of the Sabah Rafflesia, perhaps some are larger but as you say BM not easy to find... tour companies told me they were not blooming!

Guess the did not want to head out of Kota Kinabalu so far!!!

Raffleasia%252520Borneo%252520%2525204%2

Tomen Gardens was well worth a visit, it's huge .... I forget the name of the town it was near.... (Sabah State again)

A good day need to tour this! facepalm.gif

Tomen%252520Gardens%252520Sabah%252520MY

World's largest water lily pads too.... but you can see them on Koh Phangan too!

I could have snuck this into reflections!