How Do I Stop Our Cat From Biting

Our 10 month old bundle of fluff and fur – a female black stray that I rescued as a kitten, has started to become aggressive around meal time. How can I stop her from biting us? My wife is actually getting quite scared now, and even I have to make a run for it if I don’t want my ankles nipped…. She’s fed twice a day and well cared for...the cat that is, not the wife - she eats all day :o

Ideas anyone?

geoffphuket

Pull its <deleted> teeth out! :o:D:D

Nah.... That's not effective, it's still a kitten, it'll grow new ones.

Here's what you do, right?

1. Take a Condom, and stick it over the cats head.
  2. Punch in two small holes for the cat to breathe
  3. Hey Presto!!
  4. For added Comfort, use a USED condom, so the cat can enjoy a nice Fishy smell.
  5. Your's truly.
  6. Klown

This trick has worked with all my cats

get a spray bottle, the type you use to spray plants, keep it handy and spray your cat anytime it starts to bite. Aim for the head with a somewhat fine spray rather than a jet spray

cheap and effective

Pull its <deleted> teeth out! :D:D:D

:D:D

My wife has actually considered that option :o

post-30543-1159864107_thumb.jpg

I hate to state the obvious, but the picture of your cat sends chills down my spine. That's one Mean-lookin' Muther. Looks like she's thinking, "Just TRY to retrain me, you A$$hole!"

Our 10 month old bundle of fluff and fur – a female black stray that I rescued as a kitten, has started to become aggressive around meal time. How can I stop her from biting us? My wife is actually getting quite scared now, and even I have to make a run for it if I don’t want my ankles nipped…. She’s fed twice a day and well cared for...the cat that is, not the wife - she eats all day :D

Ideas anyone?

geoffphuket

Hi absolute great help you've got :D

Anyway, I'm a dog behaviorist and not too much with cats. But from what i have read about cat behavior (problems) you are dealing with a cat who is pretty well in charge. Talking about being 'servants of ...' :o

My first thought was, when I read your mail, was ... not to give her food when she shows 'bad' behavior. Does she behaves you give a a little bit. Once she ate it all, you give her a little more, etc.

But this is my first thought, as I said I don't know too much about cat behavior (problems)

I bet you can find info on this problem on the net

Good luck,

Nienke

What's that saying?

Cats don't live in your house, you live in theirs

And it's true, sometimes mine look at me as if i am an imposter or a bit of rubbish which has blown in off the street. But i still love them!!

But then I am MOMMA cat. :o And they know the broom when they see it.....

Edited by Patsycat

My first thought was, when I read your mail, was ... not to give her food when she shows 'bad' behavior. Does she behaves you give a a little bit. Once she ate it all, you give her a little more, etc.

I have trained my TG with this method. It really works. I'm so impressed... :o

Fie on some of the responses!! Poor little angel!!!

In her defense, these botes would be pretty painless if you had fur like a cat does. It is hard for them to understand that little nips such as they would give each other playfully are painful to us baldies.

I had the same problem although with my cat it was play aggression (she would bite when she wanted me to play with her). Combination of the spray bottle and proper reinforcement (NOT playing when she bit, but playing with her regulalry when she is well behaved) worked. I've also learned to read her body language and can tell when she's getting close to biting me at which point I warn her in a low tone of voice and she backs off.

Sounds like your cat does it to try and get food, so whatever you do don't feed her after she has bitten; scold or spray water on her and wait at least 30 minutes. On the other hand, give her extra food treats when she is well behaved.

You might also consider feeding her more often or watching for early (pre-biting) clues that she's hungry and responding to those so that she doesn't resort to biting.