Two foreigners busted in Samut Prakan with 15kg of crystal meth

Jonathan Fairfield

Two foreigners busted in Samut Prakan with 15kg of crystal meth

post-137452-0-27815100-1446280069_thumb.

Image: Manger.co.th

BANGKOK:-- Police have arrested two foreigners in possesion 15 kilogrammes of crystal methamphetamine.

On Thursday, narcotics officers swooped on the pair and arrested them outside of the B Condominium in Bang Kaew, reports Manager.co.th.

Pol Lt Gen Rewat Klinkesorn told reporters that Mr Chukwunonso Victor Oputa, 24, from Nigeria and Ms Marilou Morales, 41, from the Philippines, are currently in custody after officers seized the haul of crystal meth, commonly known as ‘ice’.

Six mobile phones were also seized.

post-137452-0-37593200-1446280089_thumb.

Image: Manager.co.th

Police revealed that the drugs had been wrapped in black plastic and hidden inside 16 toy cars.

Police made the arrests after a tip off that an African gang had been selling drugs to foreigners and tourists in Bangkok.

The pair remain in custody and are awaiting further legal proceedings.

Police are now trying to trace other members of the gang.

tvn.png
-- 2015-10-31

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm telling you there is a crystal meth epidemic in Thailand that as far as I can isn't being talked about by the authorities, let alone tackled.

I know the story here says the drugs were being sold to tourists but every day there are stories in the news about people being arrested with this stuff, and not small amounts either.

And that's only the ones they catch. Imagine how many other dealers and smugglers are getting away with it.

Also, love the photo of Somchai so proud of himself with the toy car.

I bet Somchai junior is wheeling that toy car around the living room as I type this!

That's because when all is said and done he gets to keep the toys....

These Nigerians hanging around 7/11 down to soi 3 are so damn annoying... I don't know why they are allowed to hang out there with their gang... it's so obvious what they're all up to.

They always try to talk to me while I walk by... "Hey how you doing"... "what you want?": <deleted> are you even talking to me for you low-life piece of garbage??

These Nigerians hanging around 7/11 down to soi 3 are so damn annoying... I don't know why they are allowed to hang out there with their gang... it's so obvious what they're all up to.

They always try to talk to me while I walk by... "Hey how you doing"... "what you want?": <deleted> are you even talking to me for you low-life piece of garbage??

Just spit on em, they hate that

They don't speak to Thais walking past either so I guess nobody cares about the farang being offered illegal drugs...

I've never seen dealers on Soi 3. But anyway the moral panic about meth like all moral panics about drugs inluding past campaigns about crack, pot,cocaine, LSD etc are politically lead media campaigns to maintain profitable prohibition. Episode 1 series 1 of Boardwalk Empire summarises the issue. As long as there is a drug war the police and the power elite make money, get funds and have a handy weapon to intimidate people. The key to stopping drug damage is education, employment and self respect. However, ultimately it is the individual's choice and not the business of the police or state except I'm rare occasions. The intervention of the police and the penal system destroys more people than drugs.

That's a hell of a photo opportunity

He's already handcuffed but they put the swat team commandos in the back row just in case he..... Did exactly What?

And unless they're all 6'6" tall they must be standing on a bench lol...

You can't help wondering, if they're that worried about being recognised that they are wearing balaclavas, why are they posing for a press photograph?

Of the photo, I've got to say the SWAT-style police in the background do look cool - Thais sure do know how to do good PR. The only thing missing is a giant Thai flag draped over the building in the background.

I like the bit when the detective in the suit looks at his watch and asks the young cop what time are we going for somtam?

And the young one looks down and says something and then the suit tells him to face the cameras..

The publicity is everything for these clowns

I've never seen dealers on Soi 3. But anyway the moral panic about meth like all moral panics about drugs inluding past campaigns about crack, pot,cocaine, LSD etc are politically lead media campaigns to maintain profitable prohibition. Episode 1 series 1 of Boardwalk Empire summarises the issue. As long as there is a drug war the police and the power elite make money, get funds and have a handy weapon to intimidate people. The key to stopping drug damage is education, employment and self respect. However, ultimately it is the individual's choice and not the business of the police or state except I'm rare occasions. The intervention of the police and the penal system destroys more people than drugs.

You have some good points there Manic ...but unfortunately the social dilemma concerning the use of highly addictive drugs, such as Crystal Meth is far more complicated and far more convoluted than simply making those recreational purpose drugs legal...which they should..... by way of decriminalizing the use of such recreational purpose drugs.

The laws and the law enforcement aspect adds to the problems...without a doubt......but legalization does not stop the myriad social ramifications caused by the wide spread use of the drug...... legal or illegal...while the highly addictive nature of drugs such as Crystal Meth and Heroin etc. do not go away with legalization.

Yes there would be less legal ramifications and one less aspect to be addressed if the drugs were legalized for consumption...but the social damage incurred from the drug addiction and everything else negative entailed still remains and has to be dealt with by other people and or social entities who are directly or indirectly associated with the drug addicts and reluctantly dragged into the social problems regarding hopeless drug addiction.

Of course the drug users should be regarded in a far more sensible and or benevolent way while certainly not criminalized for their pleasure seeking gratifications and self serving indulgences.

However, no matter how they are regarded by society they are a burden on society that effects other people negatively while there is no denying that a person who becomes a Meth addict turns into a social liability and a difficult personality to tolerate and have to live with...as someone ends up having to take care of a drug addict...sooner or later...while that aspect of the social dilemma is not a legal matter ...rather one concerning the drug addicts reliance and dependence on society in general and or certain individuals having to help the drug addict(s) while catering to the drug addicts self inflicted, drug addicted demise.

On their own ..as drug addicts.....they are not functional enough to carry on normally and or live normally amongst the various people that they will eventually become dependent on for help.

The laws, as they stand, do not address the social problems of drug addiction in a manner that treats the users as "misguided" or having a "troubled life" rather they criminalize the users while society regards the addicts in disdain as losers and stupid for their decisions and their actions...which may be true enough...but does not in any meaningful way address the issue of what needs to be done about that percent of society that does fall by the wayside due to their drug addiction.

I do not have the answers...but the current means of addressing the problems of recreational purpose drug use and drug addiction and the criminalization of the users is human folly and will be proven so by future generations that finally develop more sensible ways to deal with the issue of recreational drug use.....as the drugs are here to stay and they will never go away.

As for the 2 drug traffickers caught for drug trafficking...with out a doubt they should be penalized for being the source of the problem in the first place.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

That's a hell of a photo opportunity

He's already handcuffed but they put the swat team commandos in the back row just in case he..... Did exactly What?

And unless they're all 6'6" tall they must be standing on a bench lol...

Oh that's what they are......I thought they were the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles keeping an eye on the place.

Also, love the photo of Somchai so proud of himself with the toy car.

I bet Somchai junior is wheeling that toy car around the living room as I type this!

Reading pinkpanther99 quotes I had to laugh for minutes! Fantastic way to describe the reality in Thailand. Thanks for that.

No you don't.....you look at the footpath and shuffle on your way Walter Mitty, wishing you actually had the balls to do something about the scourge of the drug dealers.

Edited by Mudcrab