Work Permit-Non B expiring

Need help, I currently have a WP and Non B with a school. My WP expires in February and my Non B expires in March. I will be starting at a new school in February and I was told I can transfer the WP to the new school as long as it's in the same Province. For the Non B, do I have to go to Vientiane with all new paperwork from my new school, or can I use the existing Non B and just continue getting the 90 day reporting stamps? Also, can I transfer the WP to the new school while my Non B is still valid?

Sorry for the confusion. My non B has an expiration date of March 14 with school A. I will start school B in February. My current WP and Non B are still with school A.

I have done nothing as of yet. I am curious as to what will happen in February. Do I have to get a new Non B Visa for school "B"? Or can I use the existing one that has

school A written at the top of it.

Sorry for the confusion. My non B has an expiration date of March 14 with school A. I will start school B in February. My current WP and Non B are still with school A.

I have done nothing as of yet. I am curious as to what will happen in February. Do I have to get a new Non B Visa for school "B"? Or can I use the existing one that has

school A written at the top of it.

Do you leave the country every 90 days ?

No I do not, I report to Immigration and report my change of or current address every 90 days just like everyone else with a 'extension of stay' based on employment.

Now we have established that you do not in fact have a valid " Non B with a school" (sic), I am disinclined to assist further in the face of unnecessary rudeness.

A work permit cannot be transferred. Your new employer can apply for the new work prior to the existing one being canceled but it it will not be issued until the existing one is canceled.

Your extension of stay can be changed to your new employer. You will need documents from your new employer and a work permit application approval letter. You will also need a termination letter from your current employer dated for the day you apply for the extension with supporting documents from your new employer.

• Like 1

Thank you sir, very informative. The last question I have to you and you have already mentioned it but I just need to be clear. Even though, the

WP would be transferred within the same Province, it still cannot be transferred?. In the last few pages of the WP there are a few pages designated

for this purpose that say "new locality of work" "new place of work". Just to tell you what I heard and I am in no way doubting your last comment, was

this. As long as your two employers A and B are working together, and it is within the same Province, it can be transferred. But the catch is, it takes both

employers to be working together to make this a smooth transition.

Your work permit is issued for one employer. The space for other work places is for when working for the same employer or with permission of the employer to add another employer to it. As soon as leave your current job that got you the work permit it is no longer valid.

Hello,

Are you teaching on a teacher's license or a waiver issued by TCT

which is good for 2 years?

If you're on the waiver, it will only be issued for one school so you

must apply for the new waiver for the new school. The old waiver

will be automatically void when you've got a new waiver.

It's reported that some foreign teachers have been denied the 2nd

or 3rd waiver because they weren't able to show evidence of self-

development such as the certificate of a Thai Culture Course.

Edited by Too
  • Like 1