Pure gasoline, which filling stations?

papa al

As two of my motorcycles are older an can only use non-ethanol gas, which is called _benzine_,

I get it at the CalTex station on Sukhumvit. The station is located about 100-meters south of

the Tesco-Lotus store on Sukhumvit, which is just south of Thepprasit Rd intersection.

Benzine is in the yellow pumps.

I was told, but can't comfirm, that there is a PTT station, on Sukhumvit, near the Mini-Thailand tourist site,

which also offers benzine.

Hard to miss:

at major PTT stations look out for the "yellow" one with the highest price tag.

Today about 32.5 Baht/liter.

http://www.pttplc.com/en/GetOilPrice.aspx

From an older thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/850865-in-tland-does-all-petrol-have-alcohol/#entry9774236

Thais write and pronounce (similar) to "benzene" as seen on the yellow sign.

(on their website they use "gasoline" nowadays wink.png )

post-99794-0-12184200-1440472681.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

Good question tongue.png

And its not only 3, but dedicated stations (still somewhat rare) even offer E85 biggrin.png

E20 is the cheapest (in Baht/liter) but not recommend for all cars.

91 E10 is probably the most sold but might be abandoned for 95 E10 in the long run?

Politically the target is to raise the use of ethanol fuels.

Almost all new cars can run on E20, many are for E85.

As two of my motorcycles are older an can only use non-ethanol gas, which is called _benzine_,

I get it at the CalTex station on Sukhumvit. The station is located about 100-meters south of

the Tesco-Lotus store on Sukhumvit, which is just south of Thepprasit Rd intersection.

Benzine is in the yellow pumps.

I was told, but can't comfirm, that there is a PTT station, on Sukhumvit, near the Mini-Thailand tourist site,

which also offers benzine.

The PTT station across the road from Tesco Lotus also sells benzine at a cheaper price

than the Caltex station.

Henry Ford's 1896 Quadracycle and 1908 Model-T both could run on 100% Ethanol. Yet today so many think that 5% procent will damage their vehicle. Many believe gasoline is a better fuel because it is more expensive at the pump. In reality ethanol is a better, cleaner fuel and more expensive to produce than gasoline. Ethanol is cheaper at the pump because it is not taxed as much as gasoline.

Henry Ford's 1896 Quadracycle and 1908 Model-T both could run on 100% Ethanol. Yet today so many think that 5% procent will damage their vehicle. Many believe gasoline is a better fuel because it is more expensive at the pump. In reality ethanol is a better, cleaner fuel and more expensive to produce than gasoline. Ethanol is cheaper at the pump because it is not taxed as much as gasoline.

Cleaner yes, but as efficient?

That surprises me too.

The Thais in my neighborhood simply don't care and use E10 since years (no other fuel in the close proximity).

What a media frenzy/hysteria that was, when E5 and then E10 was introduced in Germany in the 2010 (?).

I can not remember any hints/discussion in the Thai media?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Cleaner yes, but as efficient?

Ethanol contains less energy per litre than gasoline which makes your milage go down a bit. This is one of the reasons we have driven on fossil gasoline, because it has been cheaper to use, not because gasoline is better. Thanks to tax breaks on gasohol it is now cheaper than gasoline to use.

Hard to miss:

From an older thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/850865-in-tland-does-all-petrol-have-alcohol/#entry9774236

What is the octane rating of the Benzene?

Edited by cigar7

Hard to miss:

From an older thread:

What is the octane rating of the Benzene?

Octane is always 95 on the benzene

That surprises me too.

The Thais in my neighborhood simply don't care and use E10 since years (no other fuel in the close proximity).

What a media frenzy/hysteria that was, when E5 and then E10 was introduced in Germany in the 2010 (?).

I can not remember any hints/discussion in the Thai media?

Ethanol does damage certain things. My Sister is MD of large carburetor manufacturing company for small engines and they have been making them long before any ethanol blend was introduced. The engineers concluded it is damaging the gaskets and diaphragm even though they are using the best materials available. They cannot engineer a fix for it.

I know modern car engines don't have carbos anymore but if its damaging those then it can damage other parts which is why I don't buy it.

There is a hugh farm lobby to support ethanol whenever a bad report comes out about it.

Ethanol damages mostly rubber things, there are conversion kits that replace fuel hoses and various gaskets to make your old engine run on E20 or E85, with all the newer cars that can take e85, looks like the problem's been solved.

I had an old carburated Honda motorcycle that I had left some Gasohol in and left the country for a while, came back and the fuel pipe had rotted through pouring the fuel all over the cylinder, came back to find a very clean engine stripped of all oil... ran fine to this day after the rebuild with new fuel hoses and stuff fitted though