Mistake on Application Form -Visit UK

Advice please from those that know. My lady partner has submitted her application for a UK visit. She has had 'finger' trouble in that in the question "how much money do you get each month' she has put 300 (pounds sterling) and it should have been 200. In fact to be pedantic it should be 185 in line with current exchange rate. The mistake is as much mine as hers because I missed it as well when looking through the application before she sent it. The bank slips will confirm that it is the new figure. She has yet to go for the appointment. I tried to recall the Application but could not.

Do I call UKVI or will there be an opportunity to put it right on the day of the appointment or more drastically do we ignore this application and start again.

I have never been involved with visa applications to UKVI so factual advice would be much appreciated.

For such a minor alteration I would be inclined to change it by hand on the copy of the application that she has to print off and sign - perhaps advising VFS staff of the error.

I doubt it will have any material affect even if you don't. Presumably you are sponsoring and have evidenced covering funds so her income details (at that level) are not a major item.

• Like 1

tog is correct...

We made a similar mistake a few years ago on our on-line application. Make the correction on the hard copy you print out to hand in at the appointment. Also, put a note in the box at the end of the application.

As I recall, there is a instruction somewhere telling you to do just that.

Edited by rawhod