Tha Li Crossing

Has anyone any recent experience using the Tha Li crossing in Loei ?

I have used the crossing in the past to activate a second entry tourist visa no problem but am looking to obtain a visa exemption this time.

I have the option of a 60 day extension to my existing visa exemption but that will leave me short still on my pre booked return flight.

I'm wondering if it would be better to go to Tha Li at the end of this first visa exemption or wait until my extension of stay is up in the new year.

Is there any problem obtaining a visa exemption at Tha Li,I know it sees relatively few expats ?

Ok thanks,I guessed that may be the case.

I shall probably go in the New Year although things can change due to possible work commitments and it may not be necessary yet but it very possible that I shall have to do it.

Thanks.

I currently in live in Loei and last year I was rejected for the ThaLi border back to back visa. After I clarified with the immigration and due to that time my gf was pregnant they let me pass and ask me to report to the Loei immigration in Chiang Khan (I was lucky due to one of the officer know that my gf is pregnant). After that I need to clarified my extension in the immigration with my gf present to put in the system by their boss. If you don't have any reason I don't really recommend you to go to ThaLi. I now even heard that Laos people is also having problem with the back to back. Laos nationality will need to stay in Laos for 48hours before they can get back in Thailand(last time just 15min trip for them). After that incident the Chiang Khan immigration help me to clarified to the border until my child was born and after that they call me to apply non O base on being a parent. Edited by DK2223

Ok thanks for the heads up,if I do head over there for another exemption maybe I will take the family with me to show that I have a reason to re enter the country as well as having proof of an onward ticket to the UK for about 10 days after entering.

Ok thanks for the heads up,if I do head over there for another exemption maybe I will take the family with me to show that I have a reason to re enter the country as well as having proof of an onward ticket to the UK for about 10 days after entering.

Then that should be OK if I am not wrong. Edited by DK2223
  • Like 1