Yearly extension of stay based on retirement

I need to go to the Immigration in Chaeng Wattana (CW) Bangkok.

Is it possible to obtain a letter from the bank about my funds one day

(or a week) before going to the CW Immigration?

Do I need something else in addition to:
1. Copy of my Bank book
2. Letter from the Bank
3. Filled extension form
4. My passport and its copies.
5. Fee of THB 1.900
Thank you

This is what I always advise to take:

1. Completed Form TM 7

2. Passport + Copy of Homepage showing given names / Passport number / Hologram or Photo, plus;

- Current Visa or

- Current Extension and

- Last Entry Stamp

3. Proof of Address

- Copy of House owners Tabian Ban (Wife/Landlord) and

- Copy of House owners ID card. (Wife/Landlord) and

- Rental Agreement + Copy (If rented) or

- Tabian Ban (If you possess one)

4. Map pinpointing and detailing Address

5. Proof of sufficient funds.

- Updated Passbook + Copy and

- Letter from the Thai Bank confirming funds. (Must match funds in Passbook)

6. Letter from your Embassy confirming Income. (If using the monthly income method)

7. Passport photo (attached to TM 7 Form)

9. Copy of both front and back of your TM 6 Departure Card.

I'm planning to go to CMI tomorrow for the same, but only using combined income/savings, bankbooks and document of monthly income, over 65K in Bhat...

Have a few copies of my passport, and 4 photos...

Do I need anything else?

No current rental lease, as I'm on a month to month basis with the owner.

Received a receipt from the building manager stating I was reported to immigration as living in my building, been over 3 years..

Anything else, getting a bit anxious here to try to renew my extent ion :-)

Thank you...

(2) Not just the bank letter. You need to ask the bank to print out 3 months of transaction of your account from date of application on a page with the bank's letterhead and "stamped".

Chaengwattana Immigration did not need or ask for this when I did my last extension there in January this year, nor did they ask for this for the 3 previous years I have done retirement extensions there.

My last 90 day report at the new office in CM, asked me for a copy of a boarding pass, I said didn't have it since Feb 2014? I said, the old office never even asked me about it, the previous visits? I said no idea :-) She stamped my passport with Dec 1st, 2015....

Can someone copy the bank statement, and post it here please.

Some banks play dumb, and need examples, why immigration doesn't provide a sample beats me.

I think all Banks understand what a "bank statement" is and what it looks like !

Sorry but I am not posting my bank statement here ............................coffee1.gif ...

• Like 1

Can someone copy the bank statement, and post it here please.

Some banks play dumb, and need examples, why immigration doesn't provide a sample beats me.

I think all Banks understand what a "bank statement" is and what it looks like !

Sorry but I am not posting my bank statement here ............................coffee1.gif ...

I think he means the bank letter (a statement from the bank) rather than a Bank Statement per-sé.

And yes, it would be useful for immigration to provide templates for those banks who play dumb.

Will get back to the OP. People should note he is asking abut what Chaeng Wattana immigration. What is needed at you local immigration may not be required there.

"Is it possible to obtain a letter from the bank about my funds one day

(or a week) before going to the CW Immigration?"

CW want the bank letter to be dated no earlier than the day before you apply and a bank book update on the date of application. Most major banks have branches in the basement at CW. It is possible to get your letter and bank book update on the date you apply.

I think there may be one pedant immigration office that asks for a printed out bank statement from the bank. It is not needed at CW,

A map to your house in not needed at CW.

If it is your first application CW may want proof of residence. A rental agreement is what they normally want.

You will need a 4 X 6 cm photo attached to the TM7 application form. Download and print 2 sided: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf MS word document you can fill out before printing. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

How long is the "Proof of Income" from consulate valid for? Assuming it's the same in all Thai Immigrations... or specifically at CM Immigration?

Also, just incase, I bring a copy of my proof of income in addition to the one from the consulate.

How long is the "Proof of Income" from consulate valid for? Assuming it's the same in all Thai Immigrations... or specifically at CM Immigration?

Also, just incase, I bring a copy of my proof of income in addition to the one from the consulate.

Proof of income from your embassy that is up to 6 months old will be accepted at immigration as per a directive that was sent to all offices in June of 2013. There are couple of rogue offices that say otherwise but CM is not one of them.

• Like 1

whistling.gif Down on the Ground floor (first floor if you use the American nomenclature) at CW there are:

• copy services that will copy your passport for immigration on the 2nd floor)
  • Bank offices where you can get a bank account letter that you must present to immigration on 2nd floor)
  • And photo places where you can get your photos takem for immigration above..

And there are people there who make their living by providing such services so they know exactly what to copy for each type of visa or extension you need. For less than 200 Baht total you can get it all done there on the ground floor. As I said, that is how these people make their living.

Down on the ground floor there is a whole industry providing the documents you need for the immigration above.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

FYI,

Just doing mine today in Nakhorn Si Thammarat, I changed my address to the district, all fine. But for my extension as the house is owned by Company, you need all directors / shareholders ID cards/ Passports & copy of house book.

Never needed this before, but they are tightening up.

FYI,

Just doing mine today in Nakhorn Si Thammarat, I changed my address to the district, all fine. But for my extension as the house is owned by Company, you need all directors / shareholders ID cards/ Passports & copy of house book.

Further more, I presented bank letter & statement ( One day old ) , looked at the book, last transaction over 7 days, go to the bank deposit a few Baht update book.

I do not know if that is everywhere, but why do you need the statement then.

FYI,

Further more, I presented bank letter & statement ( One day old ) , looked at the book, last transaction over 7 days, go to the bank deposit a few Baht update book.

I do not know if that is everywhere, but why do you need the statement then.

Immigration wants to see two forms of proof of funds.

A letter from the Bank and your passbook.

The letter and the passbook should be dated the same day and show identical amounts in both.

When I apply for my letter, I update my passbook while I'm waiting.