Pedestrian killed in road crash close to Pattaya City Hall

webfact

Out of town driver (likely Bangkok) racing around and a woman likely coming out of Tesco Lotus.

Failed to see, no excuse, causing death by reckless driving, and should be punished. Possibly using the phone.

Someone lost a mother.....

...and you know this how?

Number plate, location, admission, balance of probabilities.

He appeared to be finishing his call rather than talking to police.

So all just speculation on your part, including that she was a mother, which was my real question.

Probability, most women are, or become mothers, are you speculating she was not?

why do you lot keep saying the driver has to pay, etc, etc, the poor lady was crossing the road <deleted>, why should he/she have to pay, it would appear the fault lies 100% with the deceased, only about 3 weeks ago i was crossing on a designated crossing, lights at red, 2 vehicles stopped, third vehicle veered out from behind them and jumped the red light big time ,i had to jump clear, now i never use designated crossings, as they never stop for you,

this happens all the time up in Chiang Mairolleyes.gif in fact I don't think I've ever had three lanes of traffic stop automatically for me when I'm crossing the road at a designated crossing.

You start to walk over very slowly until you physically see the traffic in all three lanes have come to a stop. It's also nice when there are other pedestrians waiting to cross with you. You know safety in numberslaugh.png

I have seen that happen on beach road except some idiot on a motorbike went between the cars and hit the tourists crossing the road.

Despite the governments threat to continuing flogging until intelligence improves, nothing is going to change. The current philosophy, to assume that alcohol is to blame for everything, is fundamentally flawed. Does make you wonder why the little a woman, of any age, was going the wrong way up the outside lane of a dual carriageway in the middle of the night. (impact to front of bike, she was not hit from behind).

Edited by Oink