Australia's 'ant man' Reg Foggerdy tells incredible Outback survival tale

webfact

'Ant man' Reg Foggerdy tells incredible survival tale
Rick Ardon

PERTH: -- The Perth grandfather who survived six days in the WA outback without food or water has revealed he wants to go back to find the camel-hunting rifle he hid in the scrub.

Now known as Ant Man, Reg Foggerdy has spoken for the first time about how he survived by eating black ants while close to death 170 kilometres east of Laverton.

Mr Foggerdy’s survival has been described as miraculous, with his family revealing he’s diabetic and had a heart attack earlier this year.

The 62-year-old says he became lost after returning to their camp at Shooters Shack from a fruitless day hunting camels in his four wheel drive with brother Ray.

Ironically, Mr Foggerdy had just taken off full survival gear, including GPS and boots, when a camel appeared. Wearing just a short sleeve shirt, shorts and thongs, he grabbed his rifle and shot it.

“The camel took off,” he said. “I didn't realise chasing this camel I didn’t know where I was. I didn’t want to get lost but that’s how it was.”

Full story: https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/29974480/antman-reg-foggerdy-tells-his-incredible-tale-of-survival/

-- The West Australian 2015-11-03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Es5Ba4JIhs

Well, crocodile Dundy he's not, and he's alive only by the grace of god and the ants, stay away from the bush mate,

be better for you, the ants and the camels... win win all around....

Edited by ezzra

Mixed thoughts about this one... If you ask me, he deserved his ordeal. Once for killing an animal just for the fun of it, and secondly for stupidity. No sympathy from my side, sorry. If the camels in the area are lucky this time he will get lost for good, searching for his stupid rifle...

Mixed thoughts about this one... If you ask me, he deserved his ordeal. Once for killing an animal just for the fun of it, and secondly for stupidity. No sympathy from my side, sorry. If the camels in the area are lucky this time he will get lost for good, searching for his stupid rifle...

Never did anything in your life that was stupid, eh?

I couldn't go past this without comment. The Wacker shoots and wounded a camel, follows it into the bush, loses his way and when recused at huge expense says he has to go back to get his gun. I reckon he should pay the rescue costs. How much does a helicopter cost for one day?

This guy owes about half a million dollars for his really really stupid escapade.

How can guys like him tie up rescue services because he is a (d)wick head.

Leave him there next time.

Regards