Bike for Dad

lungpeter

Whatever else it does, Bike for Dad essentially gives royal endorsement and validation to biking, which in the long run can only be a good thing.

Agreed.

The more bikes on the road the better. It doesn't matter whether it's racers out training, kids on fixies, or grandma going shopping.the only disappointing part about Bike For Dad was how few of the serious Thai riders and how few farang showed up for the ride in CM.

I ain't a sheep.

Baah!

Whatever else it does, Bike for Dad essentially gives royal endorsement and validation to biking, which in the long run can only be a good thing.

Agreed.

The more bikes on the road the better. It doesn't matter whether it's racers out training, kids on fixies, or grandma going shopping.the only disappointing part about Bike For Dad was how few of the serious Thai riders and how few farang showed up for the ride in CM.

Don't know about the one on CM, but I didn't join the BKK one because you are limited to 15kmh so you don't overtake the VIP in front. I can't ride that slowly, unless I'm going up a steep hill.

Agreed.

I ain't a sheep.

Baah!

I guess you are wink.png

And let's not mention what this "show" was really all about.

Agreed.

Don't know about the one on CM, but I didn't join the BKK one because you are limited to 15kmh so you don't overtake the VIP in front. I can't ride that slowly, unless I'm going up a steep hill.

After you wait around like a dog for hours in your designated area wearing the same damn ugly shirt as every one else. I did my own ride that day, about 55k because my office was closed because the building was surrounded. It was a nice way to burn a few calories and avoid the nonsense back in the city.

I was doing a bike for me ride that day when my bike broke down mid ride. Maybe a bit of karma for being too independent.biggrin.png

It was a public holiday for us, but I celebrated our Sultan's Birthday by calling an extraordinary meeting, so I cycled into the office to deal with various people who took the disruption to their holiday plans in good humour.

i think went down to one of my local bike shops - the fourth-closest, if you count the village shop that does the occasional repair as well - and picked up my new bike, which you can read about on another thread.

I did wear a yellow shirt, though. Specifically, a high-viz construction site shirt...

SC

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing a bike for me ride that day when my bike broke down mid ride. Maybe a bit of karma for being too independent.biggrin.png

I did a nice 55k that day too. When people asked me if i biked for dad, i said no, ban peua dtua eng. Bike for myself!

Agreed.

I ain't a sheep.

I didn't like the colour of the t-shirt.

Make it a decent design on a real cycling shirt and I might have joined.

I did a nice 55k that day too. When people asked me if i biked for dad, i said no, ban peua dtua eng. Bike for myself!

I used the phrase pan peua phom because I preferred the sound of it.smile.png