queue system at airport immigration - extension by marriage to thai

zippydedodah

We will have to go, in a couple of weeks, to renew my extension because of marriage.

I know past years, the wife had to go very early to get a queue number.

What is it like these days? any personal experiences for getting an extension by reason of marriage would be appreciated.

2 weeks ago missed out at 6AM, next

day got ticket No.3 just after 5AM

What do you mean you "missed out"? ... You were too late to get a ticket for that day?

I'm similarly curious as the OP as info on marriage extensions at CM now is very scarce. Any more comments from others?

What do you mean you "missed out"? ... You were too late to get a ticket for that day?

I'm similarly curious as the OP as info on marriage extensions at CM now is very scarce. Any more comments from others?

i would like to know what he means "missed out" also.. that sounds kinda scary... to arrive at 6am and be told the queue is full

In the last few years I've got my appointment on-line, but I see that that is no longer possible. The fact that people are having to go to immigration 3 hours before they even open is absurd, as is the fact that getting there so early may not even result in getting an appointment, which is implied by the reply above. I'm sure I'm not alone in being someone that works late, but for me 5am or 6am is basically the middle of the night. It would almost be easier to stay up a few hours longer and going there before sleeping. If this is now the norm, with the likelihood over time of it getting worse, then I imagine we will end up with everyone having to use an agent. That is probably the route I will now go. 5am? It's still dark, isn't it?

i would like to know what he means "missed out" also.. that sounds kinda scary... to arrive at 6am and be told the queue is full

Another question occurs to me ... Is he suggesting that someone (an Immigration staffer) was there just after 5am in order for him to receive that number 3 ticket??

Some answers please Nonghoycowboy

Some people still had online appointments 2 weeks ago, I don't know when they actually run out. Were visa agent s there but were yold only 1 ticket per person.

those appts were from the queue online system when it still functioned, i guess.

It has been closed for months now.

"... the wife had to go very early to get a queue number."

I like that biggrin.png

me i m not like that when i need to take my child at 5 am waiting there for have 60 day extension with him

i really dont like that , before i done with the online all time :(

Why you need to bring your child to get a 60 days extension? You sure you are in Thailand? wink.png

i don't know really , the first time i make that they say bring your son , and the last time in september they say dont need to bring

i live in chiang dao so i need to stay 1 nite there , so i really don't want come alone and they say where is your son lol

No, no one from Imm. is there at that absurdly early time. People just form a queue and wait until the staff arrives to pass out the numbers.

Ironical !

Immigration personnel don't want to be there at that "absurdly early time"; but then one would presume that no one else wants to be there at "that absurdly early time ".

There have been a number of comments on the 5am/6am time, but no-one has really answered the OP's original question. I, I'm sure the OP and at least one other would like an answer as to what the current situation is with queuing for marriage extensions at CM. What system is in place? Is "missing out" a potential reality? Is it better or worse than it was before the Promenada change?

As for me, I have never once arrived at that absurdly indecent hour. I think the earliest i have ever arrived has been 8am and have never "missed out". However information on what it is like now seems to be as scarce as hens' teeth. (I live 150km up country so it is rather difficult for me to go and check it out in person.)

There have been a number of comments on the 5am/6am time, but no-one has really answered the OP's original question. I, I'm sure the OP and at least one other would like an answer as to what the current situation is with queuing for marriage extensions at CM. What system is in place? Is "missing out" a potential reality? Is it better or worse than it was before the Promenada change?

As for me, I have never once arrived at that absurdly indecent hour. I think the earliest i have ever arrived has been 8am and have never "missed out". However information on what it is like now seems to be as scarce as hens' teeth. (I live 150km up country so it is rather difficult for me to go and check it out in person.)

before it move to promenada ; i go there at 6 am and finish at 3pm

on 17 nov i need to go there i will go at 5 am at old immigration

I to live 100km out of town and in previous years have used the online queue.

I would also like some feedback on what arrival time would most likely guarantee an appointment for that particular day.

We have a boy in school a store and 2 dogs and "missing out " and trying again the next day is a bleak scenario.

Did my extension a couple of weeks ago. 6.30am in the queue got me a ticket to be seen in the afternoon. Yes it is possible you won't be able to get a ticket for that day if you arrive later. If you are coming a way and want to ensure you get a ticket I would suggest 5.30 to 6.00am. Really depends on how many others are doing the marriage extension on the same day.

Did my extension a couple of weeks ago. 6.30am in the queue got me a ticket to be seen in the afternoon. Yes it is possible you won't be able to get a ticket for that day if you arrive later. If you are coming a way and want to ensure you get a ticket I would suggest 5.30 to 6.00am. Really depends on how many others are doing the marriage extension on the same day.

Thanks for the info RoastBeef, not as bad as what's been going through my head.

I had visions of us leaving our house at midnight to get to immigration by 2:00am so we would be sure to be seen that day.

It's not ideal but I can suck it up for 1 day a year.

The price of paradise?

60 days is based on support of a Thai child, ok so far. It they do this still at the airport there should be less queues, all the old chaps wait now for sunrise at Pomenada. Maybe you give them a ring before going there. Usually they are helpful.

60 days is based on support of a Thai child, ok so far. It they do this still at the airport there should be less queues, all the old chaps wait now for sunrise at Pomenada. Maybe you give them a ring before going there. Usually they are helpful.

stil at the old immigration the 60 day thai child , i will go there at 5 am i think because on this day my family arrived from europe a 2pm at the airport and i would like to finish before they break lunch , :P

Not sure, but i heard that one notable thai attorney who handles several of my friends (retirement) visas has started tacking on an

extra 10,000 - 15000 baht "administrative fee" just in the last 2 months.

Prior to that, his total price for visa was around 10,000... plus filing fees...

Needless to say, he is losing a lot of customers now.

Archived