Many Thai sex workers say they are happy in their jobs

webfact

That makes me laugh. "Rejected by western women" western women are bigger,faster,stronger,smarter,better and most of all have more rights than western men. Ask the 5 separated fathers who suicide every day in asstralia. Regected by western women,who wants them can have them . And goooooooood luck lmfao

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am certain there are a percentage of gals who are involved in hooking, who enjoy what they are doing, and are thrilled with the kind of cash they are bringing in. I have met a number of them over the years. Some are able to achieve their dreams. Some are able to meet a fareng who is a good guy, and will take good care of them. And I say good on them. It is their body, and they are free to do as they like.

But, to conduct a study from 20 women, and then feel as if you have arrived at some kind of scientific conclusion? Who is this guy?

who is this dooogooder ,or bra burner,

Some of these girls will have 3 or 4 farangs on the go, who fly back to Europe or wherever but who continue to send the girl anywhere between about 10k-40k per month.

I bet some of these girls make 100k per month.

No wonder they are happy.

Don't forget it is the money these girls bring in that is pretty much bank rolling most of Isaan.

Total BS, have you even been to Isarn?

I know one Thai lady who had several farang b/f's on the go. One was a very wealthy Brit based in the Middle East. He paid her an "allowance", bought her a condo in BKK and visited 2 - 3 times a year when he expected her undivided attention. She still got more men to fill in the time he was missing. Finally married an Italian and moved to Italy.

We know one who is a "free Lance" sex worker. Not employed by anyone, but somehow figured out that she can hang out at nightspots (alone) and meet farangs. She explained that (to keep a farang) it is important to have sex the first night. She asks nothing outright, but develops a "working relationship". Farang comes into town, calls her, she picks him up and keeps company with him. He maintains a steady "allowance"/apartment and goes back home. They maintain a long distance relationship (not sure what for)...etc. When this guy leaves, she goes back and grabs another...and another. She said they are willing enough to send money. Funny...her facebook shows her trips, and adventures...but it is always a selfee. No photos of her with "any" man...ever. That should be a tip off.

Nice girl...but freelance sexworker... Just does it without the inconveniece of working for a manager/nightclub owner. Her income varies...but she often receives 60 to 80 a month. Lots of young farangs (yellow zoe) tagging her for free, and coping beer out of her ref.

I doubt there is a hardened hussy in the land who would admit to enjoying making the 'beast with two backs' with any of those flabby, hairy,

sweaty, smelly patrons of Nana or Cowboy, most of whom would be at least as old as her grandfather.

I doubt there is a hardened hussy in the land who would admit to enjoying making the 'beast with two backs' with any of those flabby, hairy,
sweaty, smelly patrons of Nana or Cowboy, most of whom would be at least as old as her grandfather.

Grandfather good. Me like old man. Old man kind. Old man sexy. Old man have cash. Me love cash.

for sure youre right Jeremy. Its about the money, its a profession like any other profession. Its about the money.

What an odd article. The actual studies I have read indicate quite the opposite.

The article doesn't go into detail on the toll disease and drug addiction takes. on Thailand's sex trade workers. The prostitutes die at a relatively young age. I don't think the foreign visitors to Patong's Paradise or Pattaya's Boyztown understand how many of the sex trade workers are infected with HIV. The last number I was given for Patong was 50%+. In respect to females HIV infection is on the rise. However, it's not just HIV. I was aware of one female who has had a slow death from uterine cancer. The risks of genital warts aka HPV and lack of basic screening such as a pap smear is a factor in so many female sex trade workers' painful deaths. And then we have Yaba. As we all know, yaba is an epidemic. Unfortunately, pimps use yaba to hook young men and women and then send them to the sex trade to pay for their habits.

I also find it odd that no mention is made of Thailand now being at the epicenter of serious drug resistant STIs and of providing the origins of several STI epidemics in Germany and the UK. How can one be happy if one's urethra is inflamed and badly infected?

There are 2 very significant myths about Thailand's sex trade.

Myth 1: Sex trade workers are regularly screened for STIs and other infectious diseases such as tuberculosis. They are not.

Myth 2: The police screen for drug addicts. Sometimes, but it is not to protect the general public. Drug screening has been described as a means of controlling the sex trade workers, bars and clubs who do not pay off the right people. There is a reason why some venues and its workers are never visited. Have a drug habit and get caught? You'll be working extra hard to pay off the "penalty", and then the loanshark who provided the loan to pay the penalty.

So many reasons to be happy.......

Is it even reasonable to compare a Nana Plaza hooker with the rest? The Nana Plaza woman is about as hard as they come. You have to assume over 3,000 "patrons" and counting. There are hundreds of thousands of freelancers in the country, who insist on condoms, and do it occasionally. You cannot lump them all together. Too many variables to count.

Last time I was at Nana Plaza (last week) it was mostly full of young Japanese guys! The older, sweaty ones tend to go for the ladyboys...

It should me further mentioned that while they usually use condoms with foreigners because it is said that farangs have HIV, it may not be the case when they have sex with Thai men (Thai men don't have it, you know). Many have Thai BF, go to karaoke to have sex with sexy Thai gigolots, or go to Thai disco after work.

It should me further mentioned that while they usually use condoms with foreigners because it is said that farangs have HIV, it may not be the case when they have sex with Thai men (Thai men don't have it, you know). Many have Thai BF, go to karaoke to have sex with sexy Thai gigolots, or go to Thai disco after work.

Lots of misinformation about STDs.

Been here 8 years never use a condom, I've caught nothing.

Two friends, but high users, 5-8 girls a week, never use condoms, in 8 years they each caught something once ..... cured with 300bht of anti-biotics purchased from a pharmacy.

Leads me to one of two conclusions either,

Thais taking over the counter antibiotics frequently for colds, etc. keeps them relatively disease free.

or our governments (and big pharma) are wildly exaggerating the seriousness and incidence of STDs for whatever reasons.

(Remember the 80s HIV adverts on telly ..... "by year 2000 75% of the population will be infected" ..... like that happened)

Edited by MaeJoMTB

What an odd article. The actual studies I have read indicate quite the opposite.

The article doesn't go into detail on the toll disease and drug addiction takes. on Thailand's sex trade workers. The prostitutes die at a relatively young age. I don't think the foreign visitors to Patong's Paradise or Pattaya's Boyztown understand how many of the sex trade workers are infected with HIV. The last number I was given for Patong was 50%+. In respect to females HIV infection is on the rise. However, it's not just HIV. I was aware of one female who has had a slow death from uterine cancer. The risks of genital warts aka HPV and lack of basic screening such as a pap smear is a factor in so many female sex trade workers' painful deaths. And then we have Yaba. As we all know, yaba is an epidemic. Unfortunately, pimps use yaba to hook young men and women and then send them to the sex trade to pay for their habits.

I also find it odd that no mention is made of Thailand now being at the epicenter of serious drug resistant STIs and of providing the origins of several STI epidemics in Germany and the UK. How can one be happy if one's urethra is inflamed and badly infected?

There are 2 very significant myths about Thailand's sex trade.

Myth 1: Sex trade workers are regularly screened for STIs and other infectious diseases such as tuberculosis. They are not.

Myth 2: The police screen for drug addicts. Sometimes, but it is not to protect the general public. Drug screening has been described as a means of controlling the sex trade workers, bars and clubs who do not pay off the right people. There is a reason why some venues and its workers are never visited. Have a drug habit and get caught? You'll be working extra hard to pay off the "penalty", and then the loanshark who provided the loan to pay the penalty.

So many reasons to be happy.......

I suppose you think reading studies gives you a much more accurate view than actually associating with those in the industry?

Lots of misinformation about STDs.

Been here 8 years never use a condom, I've caught nothing.

Two friends, but high users, 5-8 girls a week, never use condoms, in 8 years they each caught something once ..... cured with 300bht of anti-biotics purchased from a pharmacy.

Leads me to one of two conclusions either,

Thais taking over the counter antibiotics frequently for colds, etc. keeps them relatively disease free.

or our governments (and big pharma) are wildly exaggerating the seriousness and incidence of STDs for whatever reasons.

(Remember the 80s HIV adverts on telly ..... "by year 2000 75% of the population will be infected" ..... like that happened)

Yet these diseases still exist and people have em... Not exactly great science you're using. Caught the clap three or four times myself in TH. Sometimes it's hard to know you have it, and some strains might be sorted out by the immune system. But once you know what it feels like you pick up on it right away and get your ass to the RX. You probably have at least one strain of HPV, but either you're immune system is strong and there are no visible signs or the warts are so small that you don't even notice em. Condom wouldn't protect against getting that anyway though.

The chances of passing HIV via genital to genital intercourse is very low. Like 2% or something. That rate goes way up when you're talking about anal sex though, which is why it's always been known as the gay disease.

Anyway, it's tempting, and I've done it a few times myself, but not a good idea to skip the condom with sex workers, or any casual relationship. You're really rolling the dice if you do.

Maybe they're afraid if a foreigner blows their nuts inside and gets em prego then they wont be able to blame it on a Thai guy and the whole village will know they slept with a farang.

In the full article it says:

"University and vocational education in Thailand is not free"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not true. It's free

Not free,

If you are in the 2/3 of Thai school children chucked out of government school at age 15, you pay for vocational school.

University fees are quite high (compared to expected return), everyone pays.

Even the 'free' government high school from age 12 has compulsory extras amounting to 4,000-6,000bht/year (books, uniforms, projects)

These may not sound a lot, but consider average rural income at around 3,000bht/month per adult ...... then you can see the outcome.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

How would you know, as you always claim you never have visited this kind of places.

How would I know what?

From your previous comment it is clear that you don't consider it an easy job, since you challenge all those who claim it to be an easy job to take it up.

And how would having been a punter give me any deeper insight into what it's like to do the job?

I don't know what it's like. Neither do you. However, it doesn't take much imagination to guess that servicing the sexual rejects of the west on a nightly basis isn't much fun.

You admit that you don't know, but you repeatedly comment on this. You consider using imagination and guessing as relevant discussion? As a man of logic, you can't be serious

It is much more likely that other members of the forum that go to bars, routinely take bar girls home, are friends with bar girls, or are married to ex-bar girls may know more bout the subject than you.

Yep you can go to uni for free,same with highschool. Still have to buy books ect. I know good girls working in 7/11 and other night jobs . Then go to uni in the day time. Depends on the girl. Do they want easy money and lose your honor ,or tough it out and be proud of who you are.

Yep you can go to uni for free,same with highschool. Still have to buy books ect.

Did you read my post? it's two above yours.

Did you not understand me, or not believe me.

Or do you just post stuff you know nothing about?

What university do you think you can attend for free?

What about the 2/3 of students chucked out of highschool at age 15, who then have to pay to finish at vocational college?

Some of these girls will have 3 or 4 farangs on the go, who fly back to Europe or wherever but who continue to send the girl anywhere between about 10k-40k per month.

I bet some of these girls make 100k per month.

No wonder they are happy.

Don't forget it is the money these girls bring in that is pretty much bank rolling most of Isaan.

A very small percentage of the beautiful girls with a nice personality do. A lot have to suck (no pun) for a farang like an old bloke from my home village in England, who looked on Beach Road for women carrying a piece of cardboard. Apparently the cardboard was to sit on on the sea wall to ward off piles. Elderly, ugly, he didn't care. As long as they were cheap, would never pay a bar fine.

......... like an old bloke from my home village in England, .........Elderly, ugly, he didn't care. As long as they were cheap, would never pay a bar fine.

Sounds like he was mentally still back in the UK with his wife.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

......... like an old bloke from my home village in England, .........Elderly, ugly, he didn't care. As long as they were cheap, would never pay a bar fine.

Sounds like he was mentally still back in the UK with his wife.

Oh, she had the wit to divorce him many years ago.