Best website for ordering online?

Mr Tom

I need to order some random things online. Like a pair of Vans shoes size 13 US. A scale. Some Levi Jeans. Anyone know a few good sites to do this with that are affordable on the international shipping? Or may have a distribution center in Thailand? Thanks.

Barring better suggestions of sites conforming to your original request, have you investigated a package-forwarding service such as shipito.com?

You might find some low prices on places that only ship within the US and/or have expensive overseas shipping. On the shipito.com site, there is a price calculator. Compare using a sales tax-free shipment to shipito's Oregon site (Oregon has no state sales tax, but shipito's shipping charge from Oregon can be higher than from California) vs paying the sales tax on shipments to CA (or NV) with lower shipping costs.

A general rule when shipping merchandise from overseas to Thailand is to use USPS vs a courier like UPS or FedEx. The courier companies apparently are bound by contract (law?) to route all incoming shipments through Thai Customs and you may well face import duties. Using USPS, especially if smaller packages, your shipment can often come directly to your mailbox without passing Customs' eyes.

Barring better suggestions of sites conforming to your original request, have you investigated a package-forwarding service such as shipito.com?

You might find some low prices on places that only ship within the US and/or have expensive overseas shipping. On the shipito.com site, there is a price calculator. Compare using a sales tax-free shipment to shipito's Oregon site (Oregon has no state sales tax, but shipito's shipping charge from Oregon can be higher than from California) vs paying the sales tax on shipments to CA (or NV) with lower shipping costs.

A general rule when shipping merchandise from overseas to Thailand is to use USPS vs a courier like UPS or FedEx. The courier companies apparently are bound by contract (law?) to route all incoming shipments through Thai Customs and you may well face import duties. Using USPS, especially if smaller packages, your shipment can often come directly to your mailbox without passing Customs' eyes.

That looks like a great option actually. Much appreciated.

Lazada offers a pretty good service. Next day delivery on many items and an option to pay cash on delivery if you don't have or would rather not use a credit card. You don't have to worry about getting hit with import taxes either. I have ordered several times and never had a problem.

Beware of ordering shoes from overseas - if they do get checked at Customs you're looking at a fairly hefty import tax. Can be as high as 60% I believe, plus 7% VAT on the value of the goods and shipping costs. I got stung ordering a pair of Nike's from the UK recently - I won't be making that mistake again...

Lazada offers a pretty good service. Next day delivery on many items and an option to pay cash on delivery if you don't have or would rather not use a credit card. You don't have to worry about getting hit with import taxes either. I have ordered several times and never had a problem.

Beware of ordering shoes from overseas - if they do get checked at Customs you're looking at a fairly hefty import tax. Can be as high as 60% I believe, plus 7% VAT on the value of the goods and shipping costs. I got stung ordering a pair of Nike's from the UK recently - I won't be making that mistake again...

Please read this when you buy your next Nike's produced in Indonesia. Most sneakers these days are manufactured in Indonesia and Vietnam.

http://www.globalexchange.org/sweatfree/nike/faq

OP, you might have a look here: http://en.zalora.co.th/nike-thailand/

P.S. They sell almost everything.

Edited by lostinisaan

Zalora's prices seem to be very high!

You're right, but they also have some "special sales." Sorry, had no time to check longer.

Maybe others on this forum know more about this company.It looked good to me on first sight, much better than having troubles with customs by ordering anything from the States, or Europe.

Buy on Budget Sales, etc....wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Please read this when you buy your next Nike's produced in Indonesia. Most sneakers these days are manufactured in Indonesia and Vietnam.

http://www.globalexchange.org/sweatfree/nike/faq

OP, you might have a look here: http://en.zalora.co.th/nike-thailand/

P.S. They sell almost everything.

I read the info in the link you posted but I'm not exactly sure why you directed me there... The info there seems kinda old - the most recent data is from 1999.

Zalora's prices seem to be very high!

Their prices seem high compared with what or where? I'd be grateful if you can offer an alternative because the 2,xxx Baht it cost me in import taxes and VAT to get a pair shipped from overseas last time means that was a one-off experience.

I have 2 problems with buying Nike's in Thailand - one is that the "official" Nike stores and larger sports chains that I would hope are only selling original Nike gear favour the new styles and designs which are not really what I'm into, and I also think and have heard that a lot of the smaller, more boutique shops or market stalls selling some of the older classic Nike's are actually selling fakes, but selling them at a fraction below what the genuine ones are selling for.

i don't have a problem buying fake gear so long as I know I'm buying fake gear and it's priced accordingly, but I do object to being charged 3,400 Baht for a pair of fake Air Max dressed up to look like originals and priced accordingly, and I'm not really clued up enough to spot the difference.

You will know the difference when you Wear them... The fakes are made from plastic and is not a breathable fabric like leather in the real ones, I ordered a pair once from China and they were so uncomfortable I couldn't wear them but they looked 100%

Only $15 or something like that but straight into the garbage lol

• 3 months later...

.. If the package makes it there at all via regular postal service. Sent a small package from Canada few years back to Bangkok via post office, never arrived. Canada Post tracked it to Thailand, but then it simply disappeared. Use FedEx or UPS, as their tracking systems ensures delivery.

I would NOT use UPS.

They are in the process of extorting double the price of what i paid for a power bank....... US $100.00.

UPS wants nearly $200 to release it to me. That is not customs duty........... that was only 631 baht.

The above was for a recent Ebay purchase.

I may be through with Ebay, now.

BEWARE of United Parcel Service ! ! !

The OP mentioned Levi Jeans, as we know there are original stores in every mall in Thailand, but what bugs me is they are all one leg size, they all have to be cut to your lenth, they never look right after this, in the uk you buy a pair that fits your leg, here you get some store assistant with scissors and sewing machine, with probably not much experience, working on your jeans

I am a fairly short leg 29 so they look terrible after this cut.

How is it in the States?

Any members bought from Ensogo?

http://www.ensogo.co.th/en

I will answer my own question.

I ordered a product, transaction went smooth and delivered no problems or drama.

Unlike LAZADA, where an order turned into a nightmare.

I haven't tried Ensogo yet but have made four purchases recently from Lazada [one came direct from them and the others from their affiliates] all were cash on delivery and all 100%; the correct product, within the delivery estimated time, courier rang before delivery to ensure someone home. My next one might go t!ts up but so far no complaints.

Any members bought from Ensogo?

http://www.ensogo.co.th/en

I will answer my own question.

I ordered a product, transaction went smooth and delivered no problems or drama.

Unlike LAZADA, where an order turned into a nightmare.

I haven't tried Ensogo yet but have made four purchases recently from Lazada [one came direct from them and the others from their affiliates] all were cash on delivery and all 100%; the correct product, within the delivery estimated time, courier rang before delivery to ensure someone home. My next one might go t!ts up but so far no complaints.

Yes it seems to be "Hit & Miss" some people have trouble and some don't.

That's life.

• 4 weeks later...

You will know the difference when you Wear them... The fakes are made from plastic and is not a breathable fabric like leather in the real ones, I ordered a pair once from China and they were so uncomfortable I couldn't wear them but they looked 100%

you get what you pay for whistling.gif

you get what you pay for whistling.gif

Not always, as not all production of the company that makes original products comes out of the front door; there is the 'side door' for seconds and of course the 'back door' - plus those that 'fell off the back of the lorry'. However, buying this type of product at discounted prizes rarely ends well and when you can't even see the product before you pay crazy.gif even if they have a good returns policy it appears the norm these days that you have to pay for sending it back; with tracking to ensure it got there.

Amazon ships via postal service. Unless the total price is high I don't know) it comes right through.

All my amazon orders come via FedEx. Amazon adds estimated custom duties to order then trues up on your credit card [much] later. Still the most convenient way to order from overseas.

TH