Relationships in Thailand

SoiBiker

It's interesting that my GF the tells me that her co workers in a bangkok firm are dating several farangs at a time via Internet sites and shuffle them around when they arrive here. the farangs feel great that they have a real non hooker GF and send them money for their future. It's not only bar girls that are on the take

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Edited by mcfish

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

smotherb, on 06 Nov 2015 - 14:27, said:snapback.png

JLCrab, on 05 Nov 2015 - 16:07, said:snapback.png

smotherb, on 05 Nov 2015 - 15:42, said:snapback.png

JLCrab, on 05 Nov 2015 - 04:04, said:snapback.png

An above post suggested that, for a desirable relationship, at least for him, a Thailady should have a basic wording knowledge of English. Mine doesn't. There is a big age difference and, when we are out in public others might might assume what is generally assumed until they hear that all our conversation and banter is in Thai. So what's generally assumed ain't what's going down.

Perhaps the poster wanted his woman to speak English because he speaks little Thai. However, even if you speak Thai, having a spouse who understands English is a benefit--if nothing more than being able to speak to your family and friends and help your kids learn English. Also, other than believing you have been here a long time, I do not see how your banter in Thai changes the opinion of your relationship with your wife for those who do not know you.

As I said, at least for him. She does not know my friends or family. We are not married There are no kids. Most of the relationships between an older farang and a young Thai female to which on here and elsewhere are often referred in disparaging terms would not have 2 persons speaking exclusively in Thai -- it would more likely indicate that we have been together for a long time and did not just meet last week.

So, following your logic, a farang who speaks Thai and just met a bar girl who speaks little English, would not talk to each other in Thai until they had known each other for a long time. Hmm, I guess that does explain your post.

JLCrab, in response said, "A bar girl who speaks little English ain't going to earn much as the bulk of her potential customers are farangs who speak zero Thai."

smotherb, on 06 Nov 2015 - 14:27, said:

Such an astute analogy; did you ever consider that a Thai girl with a little white fluffy dog, may get dog hair on her clothes?

It's interesting that my GF the tells me that her co workers in a bangkok firm are dating several farangs at a time via Internet sites and shuffle them around when they arrive here. the farangs feel great that they have a real non hooker GF and send them money for their future. It's not only bar girls that are on the take

Try telling this to any of the many people on here who met their 'beloved' on the Internet, and they will say your GF is talking BS.

What they don't see or know will not hurt them.

Internet dating sites are the pits.

No -- but I considered

I was walking down the street
When I thought I heard this voice say
“Say, ain’t we walking down the same street together
On the very same day?”
I said, “Hey Senorita that’s astute”
I said, Why don’t we get together
And call ourselves an institute?”
(Paul Simon -- Gumboots)

Try telling this to any of the many people on here who met their 'beloved' on the Internet, and they will say your GF is talking BS.

What they don't see or know will not hurt them.

Internet dating sites are the pits.

These girls are uni educated and that's where they learned English. They Bang the guys when they are here to stop them from straying and get paid for that down the line.. Wich makes them nothing more than a hi so whore hookers

Life is just that much less stressful that you have more time and energy to spend on each other, and less of the day to day hassles that can cause friction. Plus it helps that eating out is so much more affordable, so date night can be as often as you like

For me life here is much more stressful. My commute at home is 5 minutes each way and here its 45 minutes to and hour or much more if I leave work late. Work itself is also much more stressful. And just going to the store for grocery shopping is more of a hassle for me here too.

As far as relationships, It is much much easier to start a relationship here, but harder to maintain. But most of this is due to the fact that I didn't want to date anyone exclusively, until recently. And there is only so much of that that Thai ladies will put up with.

You can get stritptease on video if you want to, all kinds of cybersex. No idea how many other males they try, some are quite professional. And, of course, they all might be looking for a long term relationship - preferably a billionaire.

What do you think Farang women do on Skype and dating sites?

Banging several foreigners at the same time for money? I Doubt It, most are looking for a long term partner

Times may be a little different now. I hear dating websites are becoming the norm. But last time I lived in USA, most of my girl friends told me they went to the 'Net for easy sex. Never heard about any of em bilking guys for money. Heck, I'd be surprised if any of em can get (or even allow) a guy to pay for coffee these days.

Life is just that much less stressful that you have more time and energy to spend on each other, and less of the day to day hassles that can cause friction. Plus it helps that eating out is so much more affordable, so date night can be as often as you like

For me life here is much more stressful. My commute at home is 5 minutes each way and here its 45 minutes to and hour or much more if I leave work late. Work itself is also much more stressful. And just going to the store for grocery shopping is more of a hassle for me here too.

As far as relationships, It is much much easier to start a relationship here, but harder to maintain. But most of this is due to the fact that I didn't want to date anyone exclusively, until recently. And there is only so much of that that Thai ladies will put up with.

If you're talking about BKK, life is definitely easier back home. More of a flow. But even the small towns in TH are getting on my nerves these days. Very few sidewalks and not much urban design to any of em.

This entire city is Swingtown.

If you're talking about BKK, life is definitely easier back home. More of a flow. But even the small towns in TH are getting on my nerves these days. Very few sidewalks and not much urban design to any of em.
I am talking about working in Pluakdaeng (Rayong) and living north of Pattaya (Naklua). And to anyone who wants to bash Pattaya, my coworkers mostly live in Siracha and their commute is even worse than mine and the shopping selection is much more limited. For me my main gripe is the commute. It is the most stressful dangerous commute I have ever made. And I used to drive from the suburbs to almost downtown Chicago everyday.

Well, as a woman, I have found dating in Thailand interesting... I've never had a shortage of offers from Thai men, as I train in Muay Thai and the guys at the gym love farrang girls.

Most if not all of these guys are married though...and I have seen some shocking behaviour, far worse than anything I have seen at home. The oddest thing about it is just how that someone can behave terribly, but its accepted and just forgotten about straight away.

I am now married to a Thai man, I like his live for the moment attitude, and generally easy going nature. When we were dating we spent a lot more time together than I'm used to with guys in the UK. Also the concept of alone time does not really exist. He also carries my handbag....

I know the expectations of me in Thailand as a woman are very different, and sometimes that is difficult. Also visa stress etc doesn't help

People are people though, and it does not matter where you are from.

The oddest thing about it is just how that someone can behave terribly, but its accepted and just forgotten about straight away.

This is the part of Thai culture I cannot accept. It really goes against everything I've been raised to believe. And do believe. I've definitely learned to let things go here. But when a girl says she's single, then shows up the next day talking about her bf like she didn't tell me the exact opposite the day before, I walk.

Well, as a woman, I have found dating in Thailand interesting... I've never had a shortage of offers from Thai men, as I train in Muay Thai and the guys at the gym love farrang girls.

Most if not all of these guys are married though...and I have seen some shocking behaviour, far worse than anything I have seen at home. The oddest thing about it is just how that someone can behave terribly, but its accepted and just forgotten about straight away.

I am now married to a Thai man, I like his live for the moment attitude, and generally easy going nature. When we were dating we spent a lot more time together than I'm used to with guys in the UK. Also the concept of alone time does not really exist. He also carries my handbag....

I know the expectations of me in Thailand as a woman are very different, and sometimes that is difficult. Also visa stress etc doesn't help

Funnily enough I just carried my wife's bag home for her.

Nice to get a female point of view though - thanks!

Funnily enough I just carried my wife's bag home for her.

Nice to get a female point of view though - thanks!

And your point is ?

Discussions are great, I agree with you.

I've found if you treat em right, they don't complain about much.

I'm interested to know what you mean by 'treat em right' as I'm sure many here will have a different notion on what that means.

It's often discussed that the woman, in being treated right, expects you to treat her family right also. Is that what you do?

Relationships in Thailand can be complex, and often include 3rd parties.

Discussions are great, I agree with you.

I've found if you treat em right, they don't complain about much.

I'm interested to know what you mean by 'treat em right' as I'm sure many here will have a different notion on what that means.

It's often discussed that the woman, in being treated right, expects you to treat her family right also. Is that what you do?

Relationships in Thailand can be complex, and often include 3rd parties.

Women, regardless of their nationality, are not going to tell you what they want. That's why we have the expression "tell me man to man" and not "...woman to man". You gotta be constantly scanning em for what it is they want and then give it to em in an acceptable amount of time. Also, if you pick one you have a legit connection with, they're less likely to ask for more than you can give.

Women, regardless of their nationality, are not going to tell you what they want. ..... You gotta be constantly scanning em for what it is they want and then give it to em in an acceptable amount of time.

Or you could save the effort and just not bother with what she wants.

Get another one, if the current one goes.

It's not as if there's any shortage of replacements.

'Constantly scanning', I don't think so!

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I like the idea of a coin operated relationship....????

Me too.

When we start out with a new girl, money is the main motivation. However I've heard many guys (friends & good people in every way), after a few years of a relationship, complain that "it's only ever about money".

We've set a benchmark, and a rod for our own backs. (Been there, seen it, done it myself)!

Quite a few Thai woman I have met have a 'father fixation', which can explain why they want an older man who they can respect and who can control them.

Their family situation often has one or more of the following elements. Her father died when she was young. She feels he really loved her and she misses him. She has a brother who she thinks her mother and family loves best. She always felt unloved by her mother and that the son(s) got the best of everything (this seems to be a Thai thing). She feels that her mother only tolerates her and expects money from her. Her mother is too busy with her new boyfriend to pay much attention to her.

Subconciously, she will be attracted to an older man to replace her father. And it often works both ways, She gets the father figure and love that has been missing in her life and he gets youth and energy to make him feel needed and more alive. There's nothing wrong with this relationship trade-off in my mind?

I think you hit on something. My gf is much younger than I am and she is a bit like a daughter in some respects. She treats me with respect, listens to what I say and normally follows my advise. She lost her father about a year prior to meeting me and says I remind her of her father. We are going on 2 years together. I just asked her about this and she added that I am like her father but also her friend because I am fun to be with and her sweetheart because I make her excited... Wow ! Maybe I should keep this one :)