France to abolish ban on blood donation for gay men

webfact

France to abolish ban on blood donation for gay men

606x341_316477.jpg

PARIS: -- A more than 30-year law banning homosexual men from donating blood in France is to be abolished.

The measure was originally set up to halt the spread of blood-borne diseases such as HIV.

Strict conditions will be placed on potential donors, such as abstinence from sex in the twelve months before giving blood.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-05

I hope the "abstinence from sex" will also apply to heterosexual donors. They carry just as many blood borne diseases.

No they don't. There is a much higher risk for homo men. If it is political correct or not, it is a fact.

I hope the "abstinence from sex" will also apply to heterosexual donors. They carry just as many blood borne diseases.

No they don't. There is a much higher risk for homo men. If it is political correct or not, it is a fact.

Can you fully comprehend the English language???

The word "diseases" is in the plural. It has an "s" on the end. What I wrote still stands.

If you wish to be specific about HIV then take a look at that in straight people in Africa. There are stupendous numbers of heterosexuals who are HIV positive on that continent.

Why would a monogamous gay couple be at higher risk to infection than a monogamous straight couple?

Maybe the ban should be on those who practice infidelity, although, of course, one may be exposed unwittingly through the actions of an unfaithful partner...

Can you fully comprehend the English language???

The word "diseases" is in the plural. It has an "s" on the end. What I wrote still stands.

If you wish to be specific about HIV then take a look at that in straight people in Africa. There are stupendous numbers of heterosexuals who are HIV positive on that continent.

France is in Africa?blink.png